Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects "Hidden Agenda" Turbo Model A coupe rebuild

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 100mph WHEELSPINNER, Mar 21, 2009.

1. gonmad

gonmad

Been over a year, he probably has had some more important problems than the HAMB.
    Sucks cause I was anxious to see this thing!

2. 100mph WHEELSPINNER

100mph WHEELSPINNER

Im back. I haven't been on here in a while. I have been driving the coupe around for a while now. I took it to the pile up. I had the turbo off at the pile up but, the turbo is back on now. I am looking for 8-10in wide rear wheels? Some kind of aluminum wheel. style Mid to late 60's. I cant decide on a style. I am wanting something around 4" wide for the front. I plan on having them all Coated Dow 7. The flat gold Color. any suggestions on style ect? I am also trying to pic out some tires before I order rims. slicks or cheaters. My bolt pattern is big old ford which has limited my wheel selection. My 4 year old daughter says it does real good burnouts... The deuce frame is the only way to go. It drives and handles so much better than the boxed a frame. With the big rear anti roll bar and some time on the scales I feel like its gonna hook and go.....Hope to make it out some more this next year. I am planning on being at the local drag-strip when it opens in the spring... Sorry Its been a While. I had been putting cars before God for years. Now that he has helped me get my priorities in line. I can enjoy the cars I have instead of being a slave to them. God, Family, Friends, and then cool old stuff that goes real fast. In that order.

Attached Files:

the oil soup, KoolKat-57 and Blue One like this.
  3. 100mph WHEELSPINNER

100mph WHEELSPINNER

How wides the rear wheels on your roadster. Im picturing 8" wide wheels for my coupe with some 31.5 in tall 10.5 wide slicks????

4. Triggerman

Triggerman
    from NorCal

Check out Pat for new wheels. They are spendy but he's the only one I know of that offers a Dow 7 looking coating for his wheels.

http://www.realrodderswheels.biz/

Now for my opinion. Dow 7 came on magnesium wheels. You stated a mid to late sixties build. It seems that by that time period, hot rodders were using aluminum wheels. You could save quite a bit of coin by eliminating that Dow 7/magnesium wheel look.

Glad you got your priorities straight.

5. 62RatRod

62RatRod

I love the model A roadster. I just got done helping my gramps get his old ride back together. We swapped n a model b motor and put ac on her. He likes his original looking just slightly faster than what they came from the factory. His garage is like a museum of model A fords just filled with at least 2 of every piece it would take to put one together.. Anyways he used to have a dark green and flat gold phaeton I think those colors would look sweet on your ride. Btw did I read that u ran that car at bonneville?

6. Saxxon

Saxxon

So how does it drive WITH and WITHOUT the turbo ??

7. Nice to hear the update!! That is a bad looking coupe and a good looking family you have there!!

That is one sneaky hot rod!!

Bill

8. Cool glad to hear a happy ending.

9. My Roadster has 15 x 10 Real Rodders Wheels. Think "Triggerman" mentioned them as well. Pat Obrien is a great guy and builds exceptional quality wheels. My Roadter on his web site also.

Regarding rear tires........Check with Cody Adams (Hurst tires) aka HOTRODRUBBER on the HAMB. Highly recommend his pie crust tires and He will cut any pattern you want. They will make that turbo work hard to het them spinning. Excellent traction and cannot get them to wear out.

The new Firestone F-560's are great radial front runners and are 155-15. Get them at Jegs or Summit. I run them on 15 x 4.5 front wheels.

I have seen guys getting Aluminum wheels, lightly sand blasting them and having them power coated. (Grey, flat black or flat gold) Looks great and may be an option to get the Dow 7 look.

Bet your "A Coupe" is a Missle !

100mph WHEELSPINNER likes this.
  10. gonmad

gonmad

AWESOME!! Glad you got things "straight".....ALL the way around!! I figured things like life got in the way.
    I hope you post up some updated detail pics on it. How's it run? What do you think that it will run at the track?

Have you looked at the HAMB Chapel group?

11. 100mph WHEELSPINNER

100mph WHEELSPINNER

Car runs great without the turbo. it feels alot better with the deuce chassis. the extra wheelbase helps alot with control. i am defently ready for the turbo. the car handles the power nice. The rear antiroll bar keeps it strait. Cant wait to feel the added power of the turbo. I feel alot better about the setup now that i have got some miles on it. im shooting for 150mph in the quarter. i think it may not et as good as It should. Just depends on how hard I can launch it. just really would like to see 150 in the quarter before i put a nice paint job on it. good lord willing we'll see what happens. Hope to drive it to the hamb drags if they have it this year. Just had to get my priorities strait. I feel that i can use the car to open the door to tell others about all that God has done for me in my life. its turn out to be the car of my dreams. cant wait to get it to run out nice so that I can detail it out. The motor should make around 950 hp with a tune that will live on the street. maybe if its in the cards I would like to do some street shootouts, some stickshift races that use a clutch for gear changes and maybe drag week?

12. Django

Django
    from Chicago

That would RULE if you could do Drag Week!

13. brandon

brandon

Bringin it back up

14. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Awesome! Can't wait to see more :)

15. deto

deto

Drag week would be sick!!!

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

16. 100mph WHEELSPINNER

100mph WHEELSPINNER

looking to be at the track when it opens this year. Gonna run it naturaly asperated at first to see if I can get acepted into the hotrod class for drag week. Im back on the car and will post videos and time slips as soon as the track opens. lord willing.

17. gonmad

gonmad

Dude!!! Been chomping at the bit to see an update on this machine!! What's the current updates on it? Any pics?? Is the turbo setup running or only NA?

Good to hear from ya!!

18. 100mph WHEELSPINNER

100mph WHEELSPINNER

I am currently running NA. I am looking into running drag week in the hotrod class if they will let the car in. No turbos for that class. as soon as its over i plan on running the turbo some later in the year... Lord willing. last years winner of the hotrod class was a mid 12 second average. I am trying to pick out some dot slicks that are competitive and 30-31 inches tall. I dont want them over 10 inches wide. I perfer wrinkle walls. Not much to choose from. Im open to ideas. I can get slicks the right size. I was just hoping to run something like et streets so that they would hook and be dot.

19. gonmad

gonmad

Have you looked into the MT radials? They hook almost as good as slicks and are DOT. Don't look as cool, but work and actually drive well.

20. 100mph WHEELSPINNER

100mph WHEELSPINNER

The problem I have is I want the tire to be tall and not overly wide. I need something 30-31" tall. under 10" wide that hooks. Looks do factor in. thats why they need to be tall, so that they fill out the wheelwell. Still looking. I worked hard to get the car to set right. I want it to sit right when its racing too. I plan on being at the track alot...Lord willing.

21. reallyrotten

reallyrotten

love updates on the hidden agenda!

22. brandon

brandon

might look into the 295/65/15 et streets...they look pretty tall, though not recommended for "long" drives (or atleast that was what m/t rep said:rolleyes:)

23. gonmad

gonmad

BTT!!!!
    Give us some good news brotha!!!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

24. LilDuec

LilDuec

I was thumbin through the ol internet because I'm looking to do almost the same thing on my coupe! Got a turbo cheap from my buddy and I'm gonna remote mount it under the car with a hat and big oil bath to cover it. Very cool man! I'd love to see some video of it. New technology but still got that vintage look to the car. Is that brake/clutch assembly a wilwood unit? I like the way the pedals look.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2014
  25. 100mph WHEELSPINNER

100mph WHEELSPINNER

The pedal setup is a tilton unit. much like the wilwood. I love the hydrolic clutch setup.

26. 100mph WHEELSPINNER

100mph WHEELSPINNER

Here are some current pics. turbo motor is out getting some cam work done. I put in a 540ci bbc with brodix heads, solid roller came ect. The car needed to be naturally aspirated for drag week. I was registered but due to mechanical issues I didnt make it to drag week. I have been blasting around the countryside. it handles great on gravel roads. with gas prices cheap its a great parts car.

27. gonmad

gonmad

Thanks for the update man! Been wondering about it. Looks GREAT!!

28. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Can't see the new pic?

stealthcruiser likes this.