Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration How many average Joes have had their cars in print?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rusty rocket, Dec 31, 2015.

1. Found it Paul. HRP

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

loudbang likes this.
  2. olscrounger

olscrounger
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

June 2010--Street Scene-4 pg writeup and a few other offhand shots in GG and Street Scene

3. Paul

Paul
    Editor

haha! there it is!
    man, seems like a hundred years ago,
    I sure learned a lot on that car!

Marian and Gary Dinwiddie were a pleasure to meet,
    I hope they are both still enjoying life as they sure did then.

thanks for the memories Danny

4. Marty Strode

Marty Strode

My old #7 Track Roadster was featured in American Rodder, R&C, Street Rodder, but the article in TRJ # 10 was the pinnacle. The best part was meeting people and making friendships along the way, combined with 75 or so, people I let drive it on and off the track ! IMG_6165.JPG IMG_6164.JPG IMG_6162.JPG

loudbang likes this.
  5. rusty rocket

rusty rocket

That there is just goddamn Kool!!!!!!!

6. My Center Door way back in 2004, cover of the defunked S.R.B
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

My 27 "T" Coupe Cover of Custom Car 2014 & The Gasser 2013
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Gotgas likes this.
  7. Hemi j

Hemi j
    from Colorado

A childhood Dream comes true ! image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

loudbang, 46Steel and flux capacitor like this.
  8. My favorite T on the Hamb. HRP

[​IMG]

9. hrm2k

hrm2k
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

As I was standing finishing the deal on my coupe, one of the So What guys came up and told me the car was in a magazine..............Fall 2007 Issue of Traditional Rod and Kulture. This picture was the entire back cover....Photo shot by Spike Kilmer

front.jpg

Last edited: Nov 30, 2017
    Martin_F and loudbang like this.
  10. Król

Król

My 56 was in the Oct 2014 Goodtimes photo 1.JPG photo 2.JPG photo 3.JPG photo 4.JPG Gazette & #42 Kustoms Illustrated

hrm2k likes this.
  11. Gary Addcox

Gary Addcox
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

What happened to all these mid-fifties Dodge pickemups. They are as attractive as their FoMoCo and GM counterparts, and some had HEMIS under their hoods. Did we have a scrap drive for a war I missed ? Seriously, your Mopar is unique and KOOL.

12. Gary Addcox

Gary Addcox
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  13. Thank you Gary I really appreciate your interest. The only thing that I can think of is Dodge/ Mopar does not have the aftermarket that Ford and Chevy has therefore it is much harder to build one in comparison of parts availability. Yes some of them did have the Red Ram or baby Hemi stock mine came with a flat six. Hobo Jim

14. Lil32

Lil32

from Aussie

Cover 3.JPG

da34guy likes this.
  15. paul55

paul55
    from michigan

That looks like one of the Roberts bros'. '32 sedan out of Toledo and Lobeck's hiboy? I was there, and also remember the black Chevy coupe from the Cincinnati area.

16. The hiboy was Lobeck's and the sedan was the one he built but then owned by Ron Menda

17. Dman

Dman

My T on the cover of Hot Rod.

images.jpg

loudbang likes this.
  18. Speaking of High-grading............................I believe you took the better of the 2 tourings and left the one I bought ;)

19. rusty rocket

rusty rocket

Thats because I was the first to know about that stash. Thats hardly high grading.

20. flyin-t

flyin-t

I'm a little hesitant to include my old touring in with the amazingly nice cars that have been posted so far but what the hell. I had more fun with this car than almost any other I've owned and drove the snot out of it, never had a as much as a flat tire. Of course you're constantly tinkering with a T powered car just to make sure you can get the kids to the beach and back but there so simple to work on.

I've been kinda jonesin' for another one lately.

Hop Up IV
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

PurdueSD likes this.
  21. verno30

verno30
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

My first Model A (light blue '30 Coupe) was in the Lane Automotive Catalog in 2003.

My Green Full-Fendered '32 Roadster made the Goodguys Gazette in October 2013, the 2014 Fan Guide, and was the March 2014 Calendar car.

Both cars were built by me in my little garage all while working 40-60 hours a week

22. Saxxon

Saxxon

2 Features for the Scout

1973 Hot Rod Year book
    Hot Rod Yearbook - 1973 Article pg 1.jpg
    Hot Rod Yearbook - 1973 Article pg 2.jpg

2015 Canadian Hot Rod Magazine

IMG_0247[1].JPG

Last edited: Jan 3, 2016
    loudbang likes this.
  23. Saxxon

Saxxon

Our 49 Prefect Altered was featured in Gasser Wars Magazine immediately after it's debut at the 2014 Meltdown drags

IMG_0129[1].JPG
    IMG_0128[1].JPG

Last edited: Jan 3, 2016
    loudbang likes this.
  24. haychrishay

haychrishay

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1451877492.843234.jpg f
    I forgot about this one

30TudorSedan likes this.
  25. 4thhorseman

4thhorseman
    from SW Desert

My OT car. Black '69 Mach 1 made the cover and a feature spread with my pal's '67 GT 500.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

JB_roadrage and loudbang like this.
  26. Russco

Russco
    from Central IL

I've had a few in there too.
    My model A was "June" in Rodder's Journal Calender in 2012 and in Car Kulture Deluxe. calenderspike.jpg
    My truck was in a cool but now defunct Hometown Hot Rods magazine.
    hometown.JPG

And My '40 has been in a few. One article from the HAMB drags in Hemmings, and one from the Meltdown Drags (they got my first name wrong LOL) in Hot Rod Deluxe and a few others the last couple years in show coverage. meltdownarticle.JPG

hrm2k likes this.
  27. Gotgas

Gotgas
    from DFW USA

My rusty old wagon made the Contents page plus a 2-page article in jangleguy's book "America's Coolest Station Wagons." Was quite an honor for my poor mistreated old beater.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

28. in Oct 2009 I had my modern ('98) Mustang in a feature article. I don't have the car anymore but you can be sure I have a copy of that magazine! That was a major achievement in my book!

29. 32 Spitfire

32 Spitfire

I'm no average Joe...........no sir..... .......well below that, but I've been lucky enough to have two of my builds in Street Rodder Magazine. Both of the excellent articles were written by Tim Bernsau and I think he really nailed it! What a great guy and a very gifted writer. Yes, I was excited to have both the roadster and coupe featured but more than that to see the well deserved credit given to everyone who worked on them.

With that said most of the finish up work was done right here in our High Noon Speed Shop. I spent about four years of very hard work almost every early morning and many late evenings after work and most weekends to complete them. I would guess many of you "average Joes" on this HAMB site have more skills, specialized tools and equipment than me and you can do the same if your willing to work very hard!

32 Spitfire
    High Noon Speed Shop - Baltic, Ohio
    http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/a-bootleggers-morning.993897/#post-11199293

rP1010362.JPG

rP1010361.JPG

30. 55belairx2

55belairx2
    from California