Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 31 Model A Hot Rod restoration

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 1927graham, Nov 24, 2013.

1. Roadsir

Roadsir

Craig that looks great. I like it!

1927graham likes this.
  2. Thanks buddy, better than the crap that was on there.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2015
  3. loudbang

loudbang

Wow can't believe this Hot Rod could get even better. :p

1947knuck and 1927graham like this.
  4. Yeah, there's always something to do, I have a list of stuff I want to look at this winter, go through the carbs again, a few things to be powder coated, wind noise from the new windshield & frame to be addressed, waiting on a new seat to be finished. All in all, pretty happy with this build, over 7,000 mile on her this year and she didn't let me down, a lot of fun to drive. Thank you for your compliment.

volvobrynk likes this.
  5. Joatha

Joatha

First time through this thread - love it!

Love what you've done and what I love even more is how much you are enjoying it. Keep up the good work on BOTH counts!

1927graham likes this.
  6. 2015 was a great year, 2016 will be even better, I knew I'd like this car but didn't realize how much, just plain fun to go places in.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2015
  7. belair

belair

Great truck. I will be building a Model A coupe next summer, using a 56 322/700r4/3x2. Any issues to be aware of?

1927graham likes this.
  8. loudbang likes this.
  9. belair

belair

I remember that thread. Hope I never run into a mess like that. Did you have any clearance issues with the starter or ex. manifolds, etc.

1927graham likes this.
  10. Don't know, you'll need to ask him, I know his 32 is using a 40 steering box, (cross steer), same as me.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2015
  11. HiHelix

HiHelix

definitely cooler than canned beer !

Jet96 and 1927graham like this.
  12. Man you must have had a ball putting all those miles on your Hot Rod that is so COOL you are building it for your Grandsons! and I really like the new engine color have a Great off season and enjoy the memories of the summer pretty cool looking rake on the jack stands looks like its doing a wheel stand! Hobo Jim

1927graham likes this.
  13. Kind words from you, thank you. Crazy weather in MN, has been very affordable to heat my shop so far this winter, all my front suspension parts and some engine parts are at the powder coat place in Mankato, have yet to cut out the front backing plates for the stainless screens, most of the work I had slated for this winter is already finished, moving along well. Happy holidays to you and family, Craig.

14. Thank you Happy Holidays to you too going to be the upper 60's on Christmas eve here will have some garage time in the morning with the door open! Hey how close are you to Big Falls MN. there is a pretty cool looking shop called MN outlaw customs they are a member here might be worth checking out. Jim

1927graham likes this.
  15. Big falls, MN is about 6 hours from me, would be a drive.

16. Back in the day, we needed to repaint stuff on our hot rods every few years to keep'em looking decent, this powder coat process is simply amazing, and very affordable. My front suspension in in D & K Powder Coating, Mankato, MN now, more parts to come.
    2015.jpg

Last edited: Dec 25, 2015
    Tony Martino and loudbang like this.
  17. loudbang

loudbang

The "pickers" will be around to haggle over that nice clock on the wall. :p

1947knuck and 1927graham like this.
  18. Oh no, just a reproduction clock, I like it though, kind of cool for the shop!

loudbang likes this.
  19. putz

putz
    from wisc.

i pulled up the techs about hamb topper and than seen your build ,beautiful does not describe what you have done ,great ideas ,love the dash , color ,that nailhd !!!!!!!! great job!

kidcampbell71 and 1927graham like this.
  20. Murocmaru

Murocmaru
    from Van Nuys

Beautiful build! Great inspiration

1927graham likes this.
  21. Getting parts back from the powder coat shop, the new dead perch looks good, took 17 parts in yesterday.
    DSCN9815.JPG

Tony Martino and kidcampbell71 like this.
  22. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

Great read, we're lucky here we get to use out cars all year round down here and don't have to put them into hibernation for winter. Good time for a freshen up, up there but no snow here.

hipster and 1927graham like this.
  23. Got another load of powder coat parts from D & K Powder Coating, Mankato, MN., mostly front suspension. finished up the backing plate screens, sure like the way they came out, the screens are from Haze City Specialties : http://www.hazecityspecialties.com/Products.html

Powder coat.jpg Screens.jpg screen.jpg

Last edited: Jan 7, 2016
  24. aplayer

aplayer

Those vents look great. Wonder if they'd work on my Wilson welding 39 Lincoln backing plates. I sent haze an email. Love this build!

1927graham likes this.
  25. mista

mista
    from Finland

I'm speechless. This on is beautiful!

1927graham likes this.
  26. Glad I was able to help out with the email, I was very happy with their quality.

Tony Martino likes this.
  27. Lucky_Scott

Lucky_Scott

Rad build thanks for sharing

1927graham likes this.
  28. Yeah, you're lucky to have your weather, right now the temp. here in Minnesota is -11, with the wind chill -34, just too cold to work in the shop, takes too long, at these temps for the furnace to catch up.

hipster, Lucky_Scott and loudbang like this.
  29. Got the motor back in and buttoned up, new engine color (VHT Cast) , front suspension powder coated and back in, front end aligned, lots of stuff powder coated, engine pulleys, alt. brackets and pulley, wish bones & perches, etc. adjusted the steering box, went through the carbs again, new fuel lines. Drove it today for a few miles, pretty much ready for the spring, big year coming up, selling my Minnesota lake home and moving to Wisconsin, closer to my daughter and family.
    IMG_1393.JPG
    IMG_1392.JPG FullSizender.jpg

Last edited: Feb 26, 2016
  30. Damn 27g!
    Someday when I have some big coin, I think I'd like to throw it at
    you so you could do what you are doing to your car to mine!!!
    Dam again!!

volvobrynk and 1927graham like this.