Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration How many average Joes have had their cars in print?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rusty rocket, Dec 31, 2015.

1. joeycarpunk

joeycarpunk
    from MN,USA

Had my car pictured a couple times in event coverage in CKD & Ol Skool Rodz. Also had the same car plus some of dad's featured with front page coverage in the local newspaper after a reporter spotted us driving the

roadster around town and flagged us

2. phat rat

phat rat

My cpe was in the Street Rodder 4 pak twice back when they had that feature. Also in R&C when I was one of those in the R&C Ego-Rama in 05. Has been shown in show coverage many times in Street Rodder and Street Scene. Was in an article in the local news paper and a regional travel brochure. A friend brought me his hotel pass once from a hotel in Louisville because it had a picture of my car on it.

Attached Files:

• 0285.JPG
      0285.JPG
      File size:
      136.1 KB
      Views:
    Lone Star Mopar likes this.
  3. dana barlow

dana barlow
    from Miami Fla.
    1. Y-blocks

CarCraft J 1963.jpg My fullcustom Henry J , was my #2 build after my roadsters,that I built in 1960 was in Car Craft mag. back in 1963 Jan.That was one of many indoor car shows.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2016
    loudbang and Robert J. Palmer like this.
  4. joeycarpunk

joeycarpunk
    from MN,USA

down. The article featured finished cars and projects and had a large photo captioned 3 generations of hot rodders picturing my dad, son and I standing in front of cars done by us. That was pretty cool.

dana barlow likes this.
  5. haychrishay

haychrishay

My old 56 GMC in Classic Trucks April 2012 ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1451620606.714693.jpg

dan31, loudbang and kiwijeff like this.
  6. story.JPG story2.JPG story3.JPG Here is one of my 1931s in print....

Last edited: Nov 30, 2017
    kiwijeff and The37Kid like this.
  7. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

My truck is always the vehicle that you can see the corner of the roof peaking out from behind the car behind the car the photographer took the photo of in a photo in a magazine.
    Somewhere there should be a photo of my son and I with the truck at the 1982 Chevy / GMC truckin Nationals in Ogden Utah in a copy of the then Chevy GMC truck club magazine that Seth Dalton out out. I would dearly love to have a copy of that photo or that issue of that magazine.

Marcia likes this.
  8. 30panel

30panel

mikestruckinbooks1.jpg mikestruckinbooks2.jpg mikestruckinbooks2.jpg I've been lucky to have my Panel truck in print 1962 Leroy Grannis Surfing table top most recently
    Lost Hot Rods II 2012, Pat Ganahal.

9. My best magazine ink, was the one that paid. Fifteen American dollars a pic, I think came to about $106 USD, and after converting to kiwi dollars, it came to 165$.
    Not full sized cars though, it was for two 1/8 scale Hot Rods in Amusin Krusin.

10. And yesterday, i sent a US Hamber a PM, about his car in a local magazine down here.
    Haven't heard from him, guess he's busy.

11. blue 49

blue 49
    from Iowa

The local paper printed this picture in their coverage of a car cruise. Not really of my truck but through my truck. I thought it was pretty cool. cruise picture.jpg

Gary

12. Kirk Hanning

Kirk Hanning

Here's a couple built in my 2 car garage, everything from Chassis to paint. Small cover shot as well as a 6 page feature for the truck. image.jpg image.jpg

There is the sedan which is my Avatar. Street Rodder feature as well as on their calendar and also the Rodders Journal calendar.
    image.jpg

image.jpg

D-Russ, flyin-t and kiwijeff like this.
  13. 65COMET

65COMET

May 2011.CAR CRAFT,5 page article plus the index page!! ROY.

loudbang likes this.
  14. rusty rocket

rusty rocket

Wow we have quite a few Famous average Joe's!!!!

da34guy likes this.
  15. I have had several. I won't post pics here as they aren't "traditional" cars. Also had a few I painted for friends get features. Always an amazing feeling.

16. Have been fortunate enuf to be published numerous times in the 45 + years @ this game.
    This was by far my favorite compliment. Old Crow T-Shirt.jpg Coupe @ Fort Worth.jpg

loudbang likes this.
  17. Coffee table book, a magazine or two that I cant find right now, Morts old HopUp site, and this newspaper article after GV owned it. The before pic was tucked away in the book. And for those not in the know, Rusty aka Tim aka the OP of this thread, his T and my T came off the same NW South Dakota ranch around 15+ years ago. Saltflatt Matt and I went backi a year later and cleaned up the rest of the goodies, it was pretty bare after those trips.
    Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

Attached Files:

18. Got a little ink on the wagon in Street Scene a while back. HRP

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 1, 2016
    loudbang likes this.
  19. My 30 model a in Rod & Custom, 62 T bird in Ol Skool rods, and 62 Econoline in Rat Rod mag (yeah I know) [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

AHotRod likes this.
  20. mrspeedyt

mrspeedyt

my dad. our family car.

Attached Files:

21. I love that wagon!

Do you have any more photo's? HRP

[​IMG]

22. rusty rocket

rusty rocket

Yeah Thanks for high grading all the parts up there!!!!!!!!!

23. Crabtree took a ton of it. I got the 40 axle, you took the double dip axle after my first trip. Matt and I bought the last coupe body and some small parts.

24. Paul

Paul
    Editor

somewhere out there there is a copy of Hot Rod Mechanix with a four page article by Maryanne Dinwiddy (sp?) of my first hot rod, "the island hotrod"

25. A Boner

A Boner

My 15 minutes of fame.....from 10 years ago, and a nice pic with our friend, the original Good Guy......Gary Meadors (RIP).
    image.jpg image.jpg

Last edited: Jan 4, 2016
    i.rant, loudbang and AHotRod like this.
  26. I have them all Paul,do you know what year and month? HRP

27. Paul

Paul
    Editor

not sure of the month and I think it must have been about 1994?

28. I'll see if I can find it for you. HRP

29. mrspeedyt

mrspeedyt

here's a copy of my mom with the car salesman... my dad traded the 52 wagon on the new 1955 Volvo in Ontario California.
    from what I remember of the Ford the interior was was completely stock as was the drivetrain. flathead V-8 with a three speed overdrive transmission.

Attached Files:

30. BLUDICE

BLUDICE

image.jpg 3 times - local paper, GoodGuys Gazette, and Rod& Kulture '07

alphabet soup likes this.