Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Did Santa bring you everything ya wanted?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, Dec 25, 2015.

1. Raiman1959

Raiman1959

I really feel fortunate and grateful this Christmas....we keep it pretty simple, and money is often not enough as we'd wish......but we laugh a lot and share ourselves with each other and watch ''It's a Wonderful Life'' with James Stewart and Donna Reed...then sing songs and sip egg-nog...with heartfelt prayers offered all around for family and the world. Sometimes, it's the simple things that make it really big in our humble household....Happy Christmas everyone in the H.A.M.B. family:)

2. Merry Christmas Danny & everybody else! Since none of my 4 kids have thumbs, I have to buy my own gifts. I bought myself a 57 Pontiac chieftan 2dr ht, black w/ factory tri- power & a 64 chevy short bed, fenderside. Both from Nevada. neither one is done, but they are both clean! Hopefully I will have them both home sometime next month!

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  3. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

He couldn't land...there was no snow. My sweetheart however got me something to mask the eau de la hotrod smells in the Jalopy. Some HAMB stuff is in the crosshairs as well.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  4. trollst

trollst

Yeah, I watched "It's a wonderful life " last nite, and it truly is...a wonderful life.

5. I spent some late Holiday Eve at the shop working on my lower dash in the 32 Coupe build.... image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

6. choptop40

choptop40
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Got this...after all the freakin money I spend for medical bills , the ex , mortgage , taxes , insurance........Santa....me .... came through.... image.jpg

7. After a very "shocking health news" year, I'm greatfull Santa has kept me vertical...... Is my present.
    Got a few gifts arriving soon..... I'm Santa to myself,so I had to splurge a lil.

8. volvobrynk

volvobrynk
    from Denmark

I got the Deuce of spades. So now I just need to watch it and go and have some shop time. :D:cool:

9. corndog

corndog
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Indiana

I love vintage light-up signs, especially old speed shop signs. My son Scott has always poked fun at me for spray painting everything with a rattle can, he even started calling my shop "Bomb-can Body". So for Christmas he made me this cool light up sign. (he is a graphics artist and a hot rodder!) I cant wait till I can hang it in my shop!

Attached Files:

10. mcmopar

mcmopar
    from Strum, wi

I started life a little early, I'm 41 and I have a 20 and 18 year daughter. I got to spend Christmas eve with them and my parents and brother and sister. All I want every year is to spend it with family and I got it. On top of the best present in the world, my wife got me the book "All Tore Up, Texas Hot Rod Portraits" what a great book. Spent a hour looking at it, and not done yet.
    Tony

11. choptop40

choptop40
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

There's a great song called...that's my daughter in the water......happy holidays

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  12. Drove this 1946 home and into my garage from restoration shop- Winter wind storm laid that large pine you see in the background flat on the driveway overnight- did not land on the house- out of electric power as well- wife and I put on our loggers hats and cleared enough to get out to Church-

Attached Files:

volvobrynk and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  13. Spent the day at my sisters with my mom and dad. My sister has two giant dogs. Watched them play with there new toys, PRICELESS ! Then the two rotties decided I was also a toy! Good times.

14. Sounds like a great day Mikey...being older now and the kids out of the house I really enjoy Christmas Eve church service

15. bubba55

bubba55

Just got back from Lexington Ohio - visited my three grandsons - Yep got all the hugs I could get and some to take home with me - Yes Santa was good to me !

loudbang and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  16. Adran

Adran

Spent the day rewiring the entire garage without starting any fires. I have actual lights on the ceiling now! Count me satisfied.

loudbang, HOTRODPRIMER and RAZIN CAIN like this.
  17. 29moonshine

29moonshine

i got to leave pensacola at 11pm christmas eve and drive to atlanta to pick up my daughter and twin grad kids. an drive them back because there flight was cancled. and my grand daughter thought the world would end if she was not here for christmas. i am getting to old for 700 miles in one night. but it was worth it

18. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

Sounds like life is good in the heartland Tony.
    My wife is from the Madison area, we went back a month ago to beat the snow and
    "Airport Hell", had a great time with everyone.
    Went to the antique mall in Columbus, and even got to see Dr. Evermore's contraptions in Suak/Baraboo area, pretty wild.

19. choptop40

choptop40
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Wow cool , wanted to visit my brother , he ha s those rotties, I passed ....LOL....

mad mikey and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  20. ...the good Lord bike ol huf 11-26-11 005.jpg bike ol huf 11-26-11 010.jpg gave me a decent day so I could ride my old bike on the bike trail on Christmas day,...out in nature with God,...the real reason for the season...

21. got my wish....my old blue F250 pulled that loaded 33ft trailer to the new hide out...."no problem" with a 390 motor I put together soooooo long ago......it was a light traffic day to do it.....

22. You got that right brother. HRP

mad mikey and lothiandon1940 like this.
  23. Yep sure have. We were at a carshow in Yellowstone one time & I was admiring a 34 Vicky when two guys approached me a said" Sorry to bother you Mr.Grabowski but can we get your autograph? I told them that he was my brother. One thing I wanted to do & never did was meet Norm. Oh Dick Magoo was there & I did managed to get a picture with him & his friend & wives. That be Magoo in black tee & the red merc is his. His wife on the left & I'm sorry I do not remember the other fellows or his wifes name. My roadster is behind Magoo. We were lining up to tour the park. Sorry about the hi-jack but you asked.

2006 1315.jpg

24. The37Kid

The37Kid

Great Christmas here with the family and Grand Kids. Got plane tickets to the Grand National Roadster Show next month so I get to look at Roadsters with our oldest daughter who couldn't get back home for today. Bob

mad mikey and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  25. R35J1S

R35J1S
    from Missouri

uploadfromtaptalk1451101294180.jpg

My wife surprised me with a new tool box and I surprised myself with a new Keltec pmr30 pistol.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

26. JC Sparks

JC Sparks
    from Ohio

My 3 year old granddaughter spent the day here. I can't think of anything else that I would have rather had. JC

27. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

That's a great picture Bob.
    After I sent that comment I was a bit worried that you might have been offended.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  28. Sounds like a lot of you like myself had a blessed Christmas. HRP

falcongeorge likes this.
  29. leadfootloon likes this.
  30. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

Had a great Christmas eve get together with my ex and our two Sons. Ate some great food, had a lot of laughs, and exchanged lots of much appreciated gifts. I have a lot of gift certificates from Speedway and Summit burning a hole in my pocket, can't wait to order some stuff I can't live without ! :D

It will be nice to get to New Years though, and let life get back to normal.

Don