Register now to get rid of these ads!

Walt's Auto Supply

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by J.Ukrop, May 22, 2013.

1. Yes...it's a great thread...sadly those murals are now a distant memory. I'm glad I was able to get in and photograph some of Walts personal stuff before it was all loaded up. I'll post some pics later

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  2. khead47

khead47

Sadly, Rays Precision Engine is also gone. I believe Gonzelez is still there.

3. ..............Would love to see those pics. Thanks.

4. Here's some pics I grabbed from Walts other building while it was getting cleaned out. I did some Dumpster diving and pulled out a few things. The room where the trophys and stuff were in looked like a ski lodge ala 1965...kind of a cool looking spot. Besides the Olds there was an old 54 Ford convertible custom that was very rough, a nice 67 Riv, a old custom Van complete with boat portholes for windows, and some cool old speed boats.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 21, 2015
    S.F. and lothiandon1940 like this.
  5. I'm liking that '57 Olds hardtop a bunch.

6. ttpete

ttpete
    from SE MI

Even more if it's a J-2!

7. Have to add to this thread
    In the 80s i was living in Livonia. Acquired a 50 Merc and needed a rebuild on the engine. I found Walts auto. On the wall were a set of headers for the car, which i bought. He also had an Isky can and lifters ! New ! Got them too.
    The block needed 3 sleeves due to cast iron rot and had it done as well.
    Never had an issue with that motor. Used new offy aluminum heads intake and a holley carb.
    Was a real find.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2019
  8. pirate

pirate
    from Alabama

I grew up in the Melvindale, Allen Park, Lincoln Park area. Was a teen in he 60’s and can’t tell how many times while just driving around we would stop and look into the window to see Walt’s Puffer. I agree most of the drag racing history is centered on Woodward but there was also a lot going on in the downriver area

Last edited: Nov 2, 2019
    lothiandon1940 and Peter Nowak like this.
  9. Definitely down river.