Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects R. Seghi 57 Nomad Custom.

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by R. Seghi, Dec 11, 2015.

1. IMG_0775.JPG IMG_0776.JPG IMG_0777.JPG IMG_0778.JPG IMG_0774.JPG Well here it is. Another distraction from my '55 Gasser build. I purchased this Nomad several years ago and started to build it but got distracted by other projects. Do you see a pattern here? ADD? Well I'm doing it at my pace anyways.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 12, 2015
  2. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Three words....... GO MAN, GO!!!

volvobrynk likes this.
  3. traffic61

traffic61
    from Owasso, OK

Nice. Color me distracted.

4. As you can see the roof had the typical rust that they all get so I took it to Blue Kollar Kustoms in Ventura. Ray Foster cut the rust out and made new roof panels with ribs. He kinda talked me into doing more custom paint like on my '55. And so it begins, again ...........

chryslerfan55 likes this.

5. IMG_0867.JPG after bodywork roof was flaked

chryslerfan55 and kidcampbell71 like this.
  6. IMG_1005.JPG IMG_1006.JPG [/ATTACH] IMG_1003.JPG IMG_1007.JPG IMG_1004.JPG

Attached Files:

7. IMG_1007.JPG This corner piece was just a bitch to do but it came out BITCHIN'

8. This is only the beginning. There will be so much more. Pictured here is just the dash. We still have the roof to plan out with all of the individual ribs.

9. triman62

triman62

That is awesome, cool choice of colors too!

unclescooby likes this.
  10. jcmarz

jcmarz
    from Chino, Ca

You lucky dog.

traffic61 likes this.
  11. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

at least it will look Cool sitting outside when the next priority project pushes it out of the way

12. Thx tri and jc, no joker it can't be outside. I have a lot of garage space.

13. rb25

rb25

Perfect. Do it!

14. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

You could sell the 55 to someone who wants to finish it.

15. That's ok LB, I'll get it done.

16. Oh I'm doing it RB, I'm doing it. Can't stop now. Love your '59 too.

17. chopolds

chopolds
    from howell, nj
    1. Kustom Painters

Love it! Nomads are beautiful cars!

mikhett likes this.
  18. 56madmook

56madmook
    from long beach

19. Looks great !

Thx Mike, I'll need to get your lift strut kit and have my rear window frame straightened soon.

20. Oh btw as you can see from the first set of pictures that I did put in a rebuilt '71 350 with a 350 trans. unknown mileage. I also found a '65 Chevelle 12 bolt posi with 3:55 gears modified to fit a tri five Chevy.
    I also installed from Classic Performance Parts their disc brake kit, 2" dropped spindles, new coils and cut off a half of a coil just to bring it down. I installed their power steering kit, 605 steering box, motor mounts and UNFORTUNATELY I chose to use their column shift steering column. DO NOT buy this column as it is the cheapest most poorly made item that I have ever seen. Now I don't want to bash anybody but when I told them that I was unsatisfied and wanted to return it they promptly said NO. So I want to make sure that I tell everyone that I can not to buy it. I should have read up on it before I purchased because everybody hates it. Other websites have specific threads that bash this pos. They all also say to buy the Flaming River or the Ididit column. So now I have a $300 doorstop. Nice.

chryslerfan55 and flamingokid like this.
  21. The boys just keep bustin' on ya! Jeez, even on other threads! I was hoping to see some more on the Nomad. That dash is just sweeeet! Usually, custom paint on a '57 dash has to allow for the speaker grille smack dab in the center. I wonder how many folks are going to notice the hole is filled.

chryslerfan55 and lothiandon1940 like this.

22. Only a few have noticed the missing grill. As far as the BOYZ are concerned they can beat their chest and say what want all they want, I really don't care. Never did never will.

23. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

Only tryin to encourage you to finish the 55, I love it!;)

24. It will get done LB.

25. belair

belair

As my daddy says, "like a blind dog in a meat-house". I would have bought the Nomad too. But as I have learned, 2 half done cars does not equal one finished car. Love both cars, keep on keepin' on.

26. Got a lot more done tis week. I'll be going to see it on Monday. Will take more pics then.
    It might actually be coming home soon. 2 more weeks?

27. Johnboy34

Johnboy34
    from Seattle,Wa

Do you have any "during the roof repair" pictures? I got one to tackle someday. thanks

28. Abomb

Abomb

It's A-ADD, Automotive Attention Deficit Disorder. I too, suffer from the disease....as do thousands of other HAMB members....You however, are doing it in style.

chryslerfan55 and kiwijeff like this.
  29. Thx Abomb