Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration your car-your town

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by tb33anda3rd, Dec 12, 2015.

1. ned5049

ned5049

I let a friend and his bride use my Merc on their wedding day. The ceremony was held in the gazebo in the background which is in a park in the center our town. 088.JPG 090.JPG

tr_rodder, Lil32, quick85 and 10 others like this.
  2. TerryT35

TerryT35
    from Minnesota

[​IMG]
    St. Paul Park Minnesota

tr_rodder, Lil32, putz and 20 others like this.
  3. 58cchevy

58cchevy

4. Fortunateson

Fortunateson

Isn't there an old community hall near Sullivan Heights, don't forget Harrison Mills out near Aggasiz, 5 Corners out by the Langley airport, go out and explore. The back roads between Fort Langley and Abbotsford have some old grocery store fronts still. But you are right, most of the cool stuff is gone or be taken over by boutiques. Try Gastown (named because of Jack Deighton's farts not gasoline!)

5. This is at the entrance to my town, just down the road from my home. IMG_20151215_204013.JPG

grumpy32, 37hotrod, Cruisin' and 12 others like this.
  6. ^ Australia and New Zealand are on my wish list of places to go. Love to see some pics of the town.

lothiandon1940, Texas57 and kiwijeff like this.
  7. me too!

kiwijeff likes this.
  8. Inked Monkey

Inked Monkey

Wife and Buick under the 12th street bridge in KC n38zz6.jpg

tr_rodder, Lil32, quick85 and 15 others like this.
  9. really nice photo, cool angle, neat lighting and a good mix of straight lines and CURVES.

Texas57, ct1932ford and Inked Monkey like this.
  10. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

I am just thinking of Surrey where I live specifically. There is a LOT of neat old buildings in Harrison and Chilliwack, Steveston ect and other surrounding areas. And New Westminster is really big on protecting old buildings.
    But Surrey (and Haney) is a wasteland. Theres a couple of really neat old buildings in Pitt Meadows as well, theres that garage that dates back to the thirties on Harris Rd. for one. Harrison Mills is great, I haven't been out there in a long time. Where is Sullivan Heights? I'll have to google it.

11. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

ditto, that is a really cool photo.

12. Some of the bulldozing can be the result of a growing economy. Its sad but the big money-cookie cutter stores want familiarity not history. I myself like the abandoned buildings. Kind of like a memorial to their passing, what stories they could tell. To me this is much better than an old building becoming a Star Bucks or some trendy resturant. Some things are best left to memory.

lothiandon1940, BradinNC and loudbang like this.
  13. dana barlow

dana barlow
    from Miami Fla.
    1. Y-blocks

Miami Fla,a lot is gone,but some is still kicking. Here's our fav. pizza place that been around 1954 on,and our fav. hotdog stand still going from 1964. My rod is the 28"A" @ pizza and its my son's 23T @ hotdogs ,red 32 is Marks . FrankyPizza3102015.jpg HotdogsN Hotrods.jpg

OL 55, tr_rodder, Lil32 and 8 others like this.
  14. Floater03

Floater03
    from Byron Ga.

Leaving the local bbq for a cruise to the long ago closed Middle Georgia Raceway(parked on pit road in my avatar) 2_dsc_0066_33.jpg

15. Last Saturday night.

[​IMG]

tr_rodder, Lil32, putz and 5 others like this.
  16. lothiandon1940 likes this.
  17. At a little restaurant called the Sunset Grille that my wife and I like to eat at.

sunset grill.jpg

18. I think its last name was the Shine Inn Motel or something like that. Its on the corner of Budds Creek Rd./301. Two lights up from the bridge, south of La Plata.
    Just talked to a buddy and yes you are right, it was originally called The White House.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2015
    lothiandon1940 and OL 55 like this.
  19. That's my immediate area, sadly down here (pretty much all south county) has become the "it" place so lots more development with condos attached to mini malls. Lucky most of the old areas in surrounding cities have some sort of historical society, so it's fairly easy to find them....down side is it's rarely not crowded.

20. I will get some pics up when I can, the Hudson has run out of rego and warrant, which I need here to drive legally.
    Once I sort that, I'm in.

Cruisin' likes this.
  21. Found this one, that's my small town in background.
    Hope pic is OK. DSCF9313.JPG

22. Fortunateson

Fortunateson

I forget the street but I think it is around 152nd and 64 avenue just up the hill. But you are right about the sprawl of Surrey and the bulldozer brigade.

23. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Ok, I know the general area. I'll have to go down there and look around. Wrayman made the comment that its a sign of a growing economy. For sure, around here real estate is still pretty hot, and didn't even really nose over that much in 2008/2009. That's a big factor here in Surrey, and in Maple Ridge, Vancouver and Richmond as well.

24. Stormtron

Stormtron
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

My Fairlane at the local hardware store. I was picking up some Seafoam to dump in the tank when putting it away for storage.
    IMG_0460.JPG

tr_rodder, Lil32, BigO and 10 others like this.
  25. Another one from Garden of the Gods...

IMG_4753.JPG

tr_rodder, Lil32, MO_JUNK and 15 others like this.
  26. D.Lee

D.Lee
    from Czexas

My 56 at a restored service station in Waco, and my truck with my dads coupe and my ol lady's AD at a gas station in the tiny town we actually live in.
    image.jpg image.jpg

tr_rodder, Lil32, MO_JUNK and 17 others like this.
  27. Kingston NY "American Lace Factory" Renovated
    last year into artists lofts. We had a car show there. 10003806_777697299014784_9123774773950909284_o.jpg

hfh, Lil32, MO_JUNK and 18 others like this.
  28. ^ Looks like the car grew right out of the walls of the building. Very cool.

BigO, lothiandon1940 and Tony Martino like this.
  29. Floater03

Floater03
    from Byron Ga.

Cool pics so far, keep 'em coming!

tb33anda3rd likes this.
  30. LBCD

LBCD

Some more pictures this time from Long Beach...my current and longest lived in city...Broadway...1st street...Carrol Park and 4th street...there are alot more great places to take pictures but parking is rough sometimes!

Attached Files:

tr_rodder, Lil32, Devin and 7 others like this.