Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Traffic Officer - Los Angeles (Vintage footage)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by chevyhound, Dec 7, 2015.

Tags:
  1. chevyhound

chevyhound
    from usa

Enjoy this vintage video footage of lots and lots of cars in downtown L.A.

LOU WELLS and 302GMC like this.
  2. HOLLYWOOD GRAHAM

HOLLYWOOD GRAHAM
    from Ojai,Ca

A training film that would surely not be duplicated these days. Checking License plates inn cars it appears that cars had 1945 plate with 1946 tab. 1945 plate was issued as a single plate, no separate plate for 1946 just a tab.

3. AVater

AVater
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Connecticut HAMB'ers

Thanks for sharing!

4. Yep, that was fun.

5. Katuna

Katuna
    from Clovis,Ca.

Tommy, you fat sack of crap, get your shit together! He was obviously doing such a bang up job in a patrol car that they put him downtown directing traffic.

Notice how the TRAFFIC had the right of way, NOT the pedestrians? Now every mouth breather looking at his shoes (or phone) just walks off the curb into traffic because everyone's taught that pedestrians have the right of way on the street built for automobiles. Same goes for those f@#% bicyclists!

Ok, rant over. Deep breathes. 10...9...8...

Last edited: Dec 8, 2015
  6. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

them were the days

7. Was that a 32 five window with later front bumper at 0 :56 ?:cool:

8. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

Laid back grill guard? Untitled-TrueColor-02.jpg

kiwijeff and LOU WELLS like this.
  9. BrerHair

BrerHair
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Great footage, thanks for that. Posted it to History of Los Angeles thread.

10. I believe with the photo being cropped & cleaned up it is just a illusion from the fender edge and grill. HRP

[​IMG]

11. oldsjoe

oldsjoe

Maybe it's just me, but I never knew anyone that was aspiring to be a traffic cop. Joe

12. NashRodMan

NashRodMan

Notice how the TRAFFIC had the right of way, NOT the pedestrians? Now every mouth breather looking at his shoes (or phone) just walks off the curb into traffic because everyone's taught that pedestrians have the right of way on the street built for automobiles. Same goes for those f@#% bicyclists!

Ok, rant over. Deep breathes. 10...9...8...[/QUOTE]

So true!

13. luckythirteenagogo

luckythirteenagogo
    from Selma, NC

I'm with you on the bicyclists. This summer I was rolling from a stop to make a turn and a guy rode his bike into my passenger side door. He didn't even try to stop! I ended up getting a $250 ticket and had to go to 3 court dates because HE had the right of way because he was on a bike! The cop told me he hated to give me the ticket because I did nothing wrong, but it was the LAW! Apparently, as it was described to me, in Wisconsin if you are in stopped in your running car and a bike hits you, it's YOUR fault because a non-parked motor vehicle was involved.

14. oldsjoe

oldsjoe

They have some weird traffic laws here in Ohio concerning bicycles too. My question is why can those spandex punks get away with riding up the right side in traffic where you can't see them, then they coast out to the middle of the intersection and run the dang red light! Or they turn right on red without stopping, cross the traffic lanes they just turned into and continue on their way! If I tried those stunts on my motorcycle they have thrown in jail! So I say if they want us to SHARE THE ROAD! Then they should SHARE the taxes! They need to have a license plate and insurance on their bikes! If they cruise up beside you and knock the mirror off your car and take off (which has happened not to me though) how can you make an accurate police report? If the had a tag at least the police department would have a better chance to catch up to them! O. K. done venting sorry! Joe

15. normanpitkin

normanpitkin
    from london

Thank you , some great cars here!

16. KRB52

KRB52
    from Conneticut

An ivory-handled revolver? That guy must have been a hot one. I noted only one was wearing sunglasses, and he was a rookie. Most of the city ones I see doing "traffic" now are on a road-job due to some utility or construction work. Most of the time, the cop is on overtime and just stands there.

17. dad-bud

dad-bud

Glad to hear it's not just me and bicyclists! They are the scourge of modern road traffic and all the councils and authorities are making riding lanes on roadways, reducing the number of lanes available on surface streets for cars, and only one f^&*ing cyclist per 10 minutes while hundreds of cars line up waiting.
    ......................... and then the authorities bang on about "User-pays" for everything. What about f&^*(ing cyclists!
    Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.
    (Thanks for the opportunity to have a rant)
    Have a nice day.

Oh, BTW, good video.
    Cheers.

18. sololobo

sololobo

Thanx, what a great study, cars are awesome cool ragtops, skirted coupes, 32's one being a 3 window with a pickup box trunk. A 40's Willys coupe, a custom painted station wagon which may be a taxi. And being a vintage cloths seller, a plethora of awesome vintage rags and some sweet Fedoras. FUN

19. haychrishay

haychrishay

That was cool, I wondered if the 32 5 window would get a comment.

20. jcmarz

jcmarz
    from Chino, Ca

The foot traffic is crazy.

21. Unfortunately, footage like that will be all that's left of a bygone era soon enough. The bicycle weirdos will take over, along with driverless cars, which is coming in the next few years.

The Police down here did away with traffic cops over a decade ago, amalgamated them into the police.
    I knew a couple back then, and they didn't like it.

We can still run over someone down here without it being your fault, if they are not on a crossing, but its all changing.

Lots of cameraed up bike weirdos put footage on you tube, and they hate on car drivers, as much as car drivers are hating them.

Our road code, says you must be curtious to other road users at all times, but they let stupid people use the roads to.

I guess there were other issues as well, back when that vid was made.

22. U-235

U-235

ok.....I'm confused....is this in America..? THERE WERE NO FAT PEOPLE...where'd they go...?

kiwijeff likes this.
  23. jcmarz

jcmarz
    from Chino, Ca

They're sitting on their ass now with their face glued to a computer screen.

24. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

25. MacDonald's.