Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Old Studebaker soon to be cut up and brought to dump!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by donald mcgrath, Dec 7, 2015.

1. donald mcgrath

donald mcgrath

I like cars. But I have property that has an old studebaker on it in very bad shape. No one in my area has wanted it. I cannot tow it cause of what bad shape it is in and no one will pick it up cause price of metal is so low it wont cover fuel. I am looking at having to cut it up and bring it piece by piece to the dump. It would be a shame casue even in its deteriorated condition some one may be able to save it or parts of it. They don't make these anymore.
    I live on the eastern end of Long Island NY. Can anyone suggest how I may be able to find someone like that before I have to cut it up?
    Don

2. I would post up pictures and more details about the car. Maybe someone on here will see it and want it.

3. Car ,truck, year??

4. Cut the bitch up you obviously don't want it and we are not going to be shamed into filling your pockets with cash.

Hitchhiker likes this.

5. Dan Timberlake

Dan Timberlake

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  6. As said above.We like pictures.

7. ...it's a 40 Stude Champion coupe that used to drag race, the floor and firewall are cut for engine set-back,...no motor/trans,.................
    .ohhhh, maybe not?

8. donald mcgrath

donald mcgrath

Wow great response. I thought I would have time to post pics. So here they are. Sorry not sure of year make and model yet.

Attached Files:

PunkAssGearhead88 and kiwijeff like this.
  9. alchemy

alchemy

Yeah, not a lot of goody left in that. But still hard to believe nobody wanted it for free. You aren't asking for money, are you?

10. Yep the lark 4 door probably wouldn't be worth much running and driving, much less rusted and molding. ;)

vtx1800 and lothiandon1940 like this.
  11. ROADSTER1927

ROADSTER1927

Knowing where you are would help. Gary

12. squirrel

squirrel

You could call it "art", and leave it where it is?

I can understand why no one wants it, and no one wanted it for the past 40 years that it's been sitting there. It's not a desirable car. Sorry.

clem and lothiandon1940 like this.
  13. not worth much,,, but some of the stainless trim looks good.
    Check for a Studebaker group near you,,maybe

14. Put it on Craig's List for free,someone will come get it. HRP

15. BigDogSS

BigDogSS
    from SoCal

His first post said "eastern end of Long Island NY"

16. BigDogSS

BigDogSS
    from SoCal

Good luck and welcome, Donald! Thank you for NOT cutting it up. Please find it in your heart to give it away for free. Try the local Studebaker club:
    http://www.longisland-sdc.com/Home.aspx

Someone there will definitely find a home for it.

kiwijeff, kidcampbell71 and 302GMC like this.
  17. xpletiv

xpletiv
    from chiburbs

I'll pay for a flat rate box if you would carefully remove the emblems and horn button. ;)

18. donald mcgrath

donald mcgrath

Thanks BigDogSS will check with them. NO MONEY FREE! I just like cars and feel like I do not want to junk it unless last resort. Not a historical hot rod or classic, just a sedan but from a bygone era where "steel was real" and a highly recognizable name like it or not.(xpletiv) :)

PunkAssGearhead88 and bct like this.
  19. studeynut

studeynut

If I was closer I'd take it.

20. If you were closer to me (haha) I'd grab it.
    Yeah its a moredoor, yeah its ugly, but its a Stupidbaker, and they are cool.
    This one will be very desirable in twenty years, if it gets saved. Probably end up helping someone who needs parts, but please give it some more time, I'm picking someone in the local Stude club will come grab it.
    Good on yer, for coming here and asking.

21. I just bought a front nose piece for a radial custom...advertise and they will come.....

22. Actually while Studebaker is a very recognizable name and many of us here have a lot of respect for Studebaker the lark in general is just not especially favorable. They did make a lark or two that are desirable the Daytona comes to mind, and if you look under the hood you may even be pleasantly surprised at what you find, I have seen a couple over the years even more doors with the supercharged V8 in them.

The grill and grill surround off of certain models of the Lark have been used and are favorable with the custom guys. They look real sharp on a first gen F-100 when properly done, and if it had both tail lights intact I would be interested in them for sedan project that I have in the works.

There may very well be some salvageable parts on the old heap and if they were properly picked off would be of some use to someone. I think maybe I would consider finding useable pieces for people and not trying to get rid of the car as a whole.

Tell you who may be interested in coming after it we have a fella on here called @rustynewyorker who may be interested in taking it off your hands and finding a home for it or pieces of it. Maybe try dropping him a PM.

23. 327Eric

327Eric

Lots of good useable parts there. No real dollar value. Put an add on the Studebaker drivers club forum. If they aren't intetested Fire up the sawzall.

24. 56sedandelivery

56sedandelivery
    Member Emeritus

Similar in year to the one the German Tourists, on Gas Monkey Garage, put a few bullet holes in. nSomeone has to need that car for parts. I am Butch/56sedandelivery.

25. Sounds to me like your not advertising it in the right place. That is a grate parts car even though it's not a high dollar unit. Take a little more time and Google National Studebaker Club. Post it in there classified section. It will find a new home.
    The Wizzard

26. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

Photoshop a '56 Studebaker Hawk. Now, saw about 8" off the front and rear.
    Blows your mind... You end up with the first draft of the LARK!
    ...'Compact car': the easy way.
    (all the competing companies built their 'compact cars' from scratch!)

27. ...maybe donate it to a local high school or junior college auto class...

28. whtbaron

whtbaron
    from manitoba

29. blackanblue

blackanblue

Ha,Ha,That's just mean.

30. Peanut 1959

Peanut 1959

It is a 1960 Lark VI Deluxe (as in Roman numeral six = 6 cylinder).

It could be a great restoration project for a high school tech class. Or maybe you could propose it as a D.A.R.E. cop car for promotional purposes, built with donated local talent.

Just throwing out ideas.