Register now to get rid of these ads!

HAMB "Vintage" Tool Box Club

Discussion in 'The Antiquated' started by daveydeuce, Dec 3, 2006.

1. Asbestosfiber

Asbestosfiber

That is absolutely the coolest thing ever.

2. -Brent-

-Brent-

Okie Pete and enloe like this.
  3. bedwards

bedwards

I'm guessing this flea market find is from the 70s:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 7, 2017
    Okie Pete likes this.
  4. Kume

Kume

A nice little Kennedy 520 I picked up this morning.

402097774.jpg 402098098.jpg 402098544.jpg

Okie Pete likes this.
  5. Jettback50

Jettback50

image.jpg Mac over Kennedy. Nice boxes and loaded with tools that have been cared for. Family friend just passed and wondering about a value for his widow. If Hambers can help, let me know. image.jpg image.jpg

Okie Pete likes this.
  6. travel box in the coupe; DSCF4293.JPG

7. I am extremely pleased to see this thread is still alive and well!!

mrpontiac likes this.
  8. Ron Brown

Ron Brown
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Here is mine from when I was a diesel mechanic for Freightliner and Peterbuilt back in early 70s. This set replaced a stolen set I got from my dad when he was a VW mech back in early 60s. Top, bottom and Side boxes are built into a steel rolling work bench we used to build to roll around the diesel shops. It was great for adding a vise to have handy near the boxes. 45 years later still have all these tools in my garage. Thank the lord I kept them all these years considering I quit mechanicking image.jpg professionally about 35 years ago.

9. Ron Brown

Ron Brown
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Man...I used to have one just like it I used to haul slot cars from race to race back in the 60s. talk about stirring old memories

marsurfboards likes this.
  10. Ron Brown

Ron Brown
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Have the same torque wrench. We used them with ratcheter to run the racks on Cummins motors back in the day. Very nice tool, just don't use very often any more

11. Ron Brown

Ron Brown
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I believe that's a Cornwell

12. Well I have since acquired three new tool boxes. The first is a Union that I bought because it had a very unique handle setup:the handles are cast aluminum and fit together via a pin and hole setup. Not in too bad shape(had to pound out a couple of dents)for $5.
    Today I scored two boxes. One is a set of Blackhawk sockets (either a 22-c or a 32-C)that is missing a couple o pieces but is a very unusual set. And the price was right;ten bucks!
    The second is an unmarked box that is trapezoid in shape and has three tiers. A hinged cover on the top serves as a locking mechanism and the top lifts off to show the trays. They are hinged and will go to either side.It was full of old tools and cost me $25. BlackhawkToolKit 001.jpg BlackhawkToolKit 002.jpg BlackhawkToolKit 003.jpg Unmarked3TierToolbox 001.jpg Unmarked3TierToolbox 002.jpg Unmarked3TierToolbox 003.jpg Unmarked3TierToolbox 004.jpg

Attached Files:

13. barryvanhook

barryvanhook
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Mesa, AZ

Were the Blackhawks 7/16 drive? I'm not familiar with their part numbers.

14. As far as I know they are the standard 1/2 inch square drive. Some of the sockets in the other tool box were 7/16 hex drive which seemed to be a popular setup in the early 1930's. I have several sets;primarily Duro and Indestro that used this system. One of the sockets in the box was actually a 7/16ths 12 point drive! Only one I've ever seen. 1-2 inch 12 point drive socket 001.jpg 1-2 inch 12 point drive socket 002.jpg 1-2 inch 12 point drive socket 003.jpg

Okie Pete likes this.
  15. barryvanhook

barryvanhook
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Mesa, AZ

For more than you ever want to know about the 7/16-drive "Nuggets" go to
    https://home.comcast.net/~alloy-artifacts/blackhawk-innovation-p5.html
    and scroll way down the page .... I've been trying to score a bunch of these to go with my Blackhawk bomb-shaped toolbox, but the eBay gods haven't been kind.

16. drtybiker

drtybiker
    from florida

I have been trying to replace one of these boxes for quite a while had one handed down to me and it was stolen out of my truck one day while I was at work ,thing is someone close to me that worked in same complex got me . It was the type of place that most everyone looked out for each other, I guess I was the exception to the rule

17. jazz1

jazz1

I thought I had bought myself a tool box of sorts. I was in a hurry and scooped it for $10 and a pair of well loved Vixen files for a buck each. Tool box turned out to be a trunk once I found the makers seal. I think I found place to store body tools. Old ford box will fit inside image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg [/ATTACH] image.jpeg

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 30, 2015
  18. thewoozyy

thewoozyy

My dad recently got a toolbox from a customer and we're not exactly sure as to what it is and i was wondering if anyone could help me out or refer me to a place that could. thanks IMG_7450.JPG IMG_7451.JPG IMG_7452.JPG IMG_7453.JPG

19. I've got a Record vise,that's made in England. Good stuff.

loudbang likes this.
  20. I haven't been able to find a vintage toolbox, so I made my own. I mean, I bought a cheap used one for 25$, then painted it to look like a vintage VW mechanic toolbox. It ain't perfect, but I wanted it to look rough anyway.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

21. Twertsy

Twertsy

22. dumprat

dumprat
    from b.c.

image.jpeg One of the many I have that I guess I should post pics of. Rusty and covered in house paint when I got it.

23. loudbang

loudbang

24. dumprat

dumprat
    from b.c.

Ya except some of his pics are from other guys posts. Kinda weird.

25. ClarkH

ClarkH
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I found this 1957 Snap-On rollaway in an antique mall. The drawers still slide like silk, and the locking front is pretty cool.

snaponbox1.JPG
    snaponbox2.JPG

loudbang, 34andy and barryvanhook like this.
  26. Claynan

Claynan

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg Just came across this thread. Mostly Craftsman boxes, a couple were my dads, a couple I bought new, some I acquired as I ran out of space. Still running out of space. image.jpg

Okie Pete likes this.
  27. Geez... It's kind of a shame that you obliterated the sign painter's logo on the the bottom of that roll cab. :mad: If that was hand gilded and lettered I'd have given you $25 just for that bottom panel. :confused:

jimmygrrr and iwanaflattie like this.
  28. Twertsy

Twertsy

If that's the case, someone is posing. I took those pics on December 5th, in my shop. Here's a pic from today when I rearranged. Go to http://toolarchives.com/node/823. That's my site, and those are my toolboxes. Now, if someone is posting them as their own, that's pretty sad.................

Mark Montgomery and loudbang like this.
  29. dumprat

dumprat
    from b.c.

image.jpeg image.jpeg My collection of oldies n my cluttered shed... image.jpeg

Okie Pete and Speedys Garage like this.
  30. dumprat

dumprat
    from b.c.

image.jpeg And a hand made hand lettered steel box obviously owned by Bob.

Okie Pete likes this.