Register now to get rid of these ads!

Vintage minibikes

Discussion in 'The Antiquated' started by INJUNTOM, Jul 7, 2006.

1. LONG

LONG

just picked up. Herters Trail 2? wrong engine, bars, no tc, no counter shaft. should be fun IMG_1902 (Small).JPG IMG_1903 (Small).JPG IMG_1907 (Small).JPG

2. alphabet soup

alphabet soup
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Just bought a J.C.P. Golden Pinto. Any way to date it? Or find out what gold paint works??

3. just picked one Monday for $30 and it runs! no idea who made it but looks like a Bird or Pinto frame. has 3 hp Briggs engine which is wrong, should have a Tecumseh 3.5 hp engine. My grandkids are gonna love it!

Attached Files:

• 466.jpg
      466.jpg
      File size:
      226.3 KB
      Views:
    • 468.jpg
      468.jpg
      File size:
      247.1 KB
      Views:
    • 477.jpg
      477.jpg
      File size:
      223 KB
      Views:
    • 469.jpg
      469.jpg
      File size:
      233.1 KB
      Views:
    • 467.jpg
      467.jpg
      File size:
      180.2 KB
      Views:
    AHotRod, volvobrynk and loudbang like this.
  4. Here's mine, was told it's a Lil' Indian. ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1442459708.006313.jpg
    I think my son likes it. Lol

5. Here is a picture of me standing next to a home built mini-bike I built in 1963. 3 1/2hp Clinton engine with brushed chrome parts;scrub brake;frame of 3/4" EMT.Pic was taken when I returned from boot camp in August of 1964. I gave it to a friend of mine for his son who was just learning to ride at 6 years old. He re-did it with decent brakes. RaySmithAugust1964.jpg

AHotRod and jakespeed63 like this.
  6. Dennis D

Dennis D

That sure looks like the Roma that I picked up for my grandson a few years back.
    I sure would like to have that gas tank if you decide to part with it. Dennis D

7. Hey guys,
    I just picked this mini bike up. Does anyone know what make/model this mini bike is? It has a scrub brake, and even a kick stand on the left side. It looks like I may be able to squeeze a 7-8hp Briggs in the frame.
    Dave

Attached Files:

AHotRod likes this.
  8. cheepsk8

cheepsk8
    from west ky

Leadfooted, that looks like a middle 60s model bonanza bike. I have a 1962 model that looks like it. Yours is missing the brake pedal, and the engine mount is a little different in the front, but here is a pic of mine. Its already pictured on this thread, but its way back there, somewhere. 054.jpg

AHotRod, loudbang and jakespeed63 like this.
  9. I heard that there were a lot of mini bike parts at last weekend's Daytona Turkey Rod Run swap meet area. Darn, wish I could have gone

10. Funny story...A few nights ago, had my S-10 truck torn down, to replace wheel bearings. Rode my mini bike up to Autozone, to get the new parts. Some home slice flagged me down, on way home on a side street and asked it was for sale.

AHotRod and deadbeat like this.
  11. minibikemarkus

minibikemarkus

Sears and roebuck about 1974-1975

Last edited: Dec 5, 2015
  12. minibikemarkus

minibikemarkus

Arco/Alexander reynolds made in Hackensack NJ

13. minibikemarkus

minibikemarkus

Your bike is actually a general appliance made bike. They did not start production of them till later in 1968. Aldens sold a version like yours (hardtail solid forks) and they also sold them as trail horse. Yours has some mods done to it.

14. cheepsk8

cheepsk8
    from west ky

Cool. I had nothing but my own research to go on. There are a few sites out there to see what you have and I matched it up with Bonanza in 62'. Never too old to learn, or ride mini-bikes for that matter.

15. minibikemarkus

minibikemarkus

they are REALLY similar to Bonanza bikes, The prototypes that they made were actually modified Bonanza's! They are a great bike, I am Slowly trying to finish a version they offered called a Trail Blazer. Been sitting for like a year like this, I did just get the final pieces I needed to build the engine up so hopefully I can get to working on it again.

How it started:
    [​IMG][/URL]

after some paintwork and parts resto
    [​IMG]

now it just collects dust...and scratches!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. I'll be damn. Good to see you here Markus. Kerry

17. porsche930dude

porsche930dude

Heres another one I built from scratch with an original paint 1964 Briggs

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Ron Funkhouser and loudbang like this.
  18. Porsche930dude, love the baby blue and white combo. Those old B&S engines bring back fond childhood memories.
    Really need to secure one for mine.
    JT

loudbang likes this.
  19. porsche930dude

porsche930dude

Im working on final assembly of this mini vespa i made from scratch. Its looking very good

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. maddog

maddog
    from So Cal

"from scratch"
    Badass, over the top, cool.

Just my opinion.

21. Cool. Ol Mike from American Pickers would be all over that.

22. Raiman1959

Raiman1959

Me & my mini-bike, Ojo Caliente, northern New Mexico, c. 1971....I have no idea the make, year, or model of it now:(....but it sure was FUN!!! My uncle gave it to me and he had it some years before me,... I had a blast on it big-time.....I rode this mini to school many times, down the arroyo's, and creating big dust behind me!:D:D:D 001.jpg 002.jpg My aunt taking the mini for a ride....she was a 'scary' driver, and we held our breath as I remember!

Last edited: Apr 12, 2016
    LONG, AHotRod, loudbang and 1 other person like this.

23. I think that was the year Mom's hair really went grey! Where were you hiding this? LOL.

24. Looks like Euclid Beach. Walking distance from my house. Mato

25. INJUNTOM

INJUNTOM

Yeah, looks like a late model Lil Indian with the bolt together frame. Is there a split in the headstock as well? One of the Lil Indian brothers started a spinoff Co. called Minimate and that's where the 2 piece frame started, except the Minimate wouldn't come apart at the headstock. When that brother reaquired Lil Indian, he eventually built the Lil Indian in that design...I'm guessing to help in shipping costs. Also did a 3rd design Chopper (bolt together frame) that a lot of people are familiar with. They were still available in kit form 12 - 15 years ago through Allied Leisure.

loudbang likes this.
  26. 007.jpg Another cool thread that I have just found. I had a home made mini bike as a kid. The motor was behind the seat. And if you would slide to far back you would get 005.jpg Shocked! ha. ha. Here's a few pictures of my grandson's Mini Bikes. The one with the side car, has a snow plow, that can be bolted on. And It worked too. Ron...

27. porsche930dude

porsche930dude

Finished my mini scoot today

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

28. Raiman1959

Raiman1959

That is just totally awesome!!!:D:D:D....I can't stress how cool that little vespa looks....talk about a conversation piece zippin' around on that!

29. wutnxt

wutnxt

Before and after. Just finished recently. IMG_20140924_140105_670 (2).jpeg 20160206_154903.jpeg

clem, GASSERBOB, Hotrodmyk and 5 others like this.
  30. 46stude

46stude

The mini scoot is unbelievably cool. Great work!

loudbang likes this.