Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Turkey Rod Run 2015

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by spiker, Nov 30, 2015.

1. spiker

spiker

Note: Sorry the stabilization program is making the video wavy and distorts the picture.
    Here's a 1 hour video of this years Turkey Rod Run. Warning: not all cars are HAMB material. What an event, I swear its getting bigger.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2015
    Copper Top, robracer1 and Król like this.
  2. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

We went up on Wednesday and hit the swap meet early on Thursday. Thursday was a little drizzly, but Friday and Saturday were beautiful and dry. Got rained out Saturday evening and left the cars at the hotel to go out and eat. You never know what the weather will be during TR........some years it is freezing and some years you can wear shorts at 2 am.

The swap meet was a little off this year IMO. Been going for 30 years and there were not a lot of smokin' deals like previous years. Vendors usually have a lot of Show Specials, not so much this year. Plus, a lot of vendors were verbally complaining about poor sales, but I think they were the ones causing that problem............items not priced and trying to sell used items at full brand new retail prices. Vendors were not willing to bend much, even though we found better prices on line. However, we were able to load up our cart each of the 3 days we were there and got some very good deals on stuff we needed. I got everything I had on my shopping list and some items I didn't know I needed.

I have to say the Daytona group who host this do an outstanding job and get better every year. The restrooms and show area were kept clean by professionals, and the free shuttle services were very much appreciated. I can not begin to imagine what it takes to put on an event of this magnitude, but they do it with very few issues at all. They are a classy, friendly club and everyone in it goes out of their way to help you.

Happy to get back home, but can't wait for next year ! :D

Don

BONNEVILLE BOB 95 and Legends47 like this.
  3. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

4. contspanko

contspanko

5. Król

Król

Need to make it to Florida for the winter someday! Thanks!

6. roddin-shack

roddin-shack

Thanks, Always enjoy your Videos the only problem is now I am pissed off that I did not go. Larry

7. hershambob

hershambob

Wow looked like a lot of junk there

8. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

I wish I could have made it down this year but not enough funds to do so and I pissed around all summer and did not do the work that my car needs but I will be there next year.

BONNEVILLE BOB 95 likes this.
  9. ol'55

ol'55

Thanks for another great video

10. spiker

spiker

11. spiker

spiker

I'm sitting with your buddy Ray Mitchell at a cruise night here in Florida as I'm typing this. We met last year at Goodguys Springfield.

12. mcsfabrication

mcsfabrication
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Great! Thanks.

13. VOODOO ROD & CUSTOM

VOODOO ROD & CUSTOM

As usual, thanks for the great video.

VR&C.

14. great video as usual, thanks.

15. motoandy

motoandy
    from MB, SC

Nice video. Come to myrtle beach in March for the run to the sun .

16. GASSERBOB

GASSERBOB
    from USA

Thanks Spiker. Bob..........

17. Old Racer 35

Old Racer 35
    from virginia

would have to agree on swap meet and vendor prices seem a little crazy get offended if you make them an offer on thier used stuff

18. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

I agree. There was a guy who had a complete front axle/brakes/suspension setup that he was asking $1200 for. He didn't know what the perch width was, so he didn't know for sure what years it fit. I told him I would take a chance for $1000 and he let me walk. Two days later it was still in his booth.

Whenever I took stuff to a swap meet I generally went home with an empty trailer because I priced stuff to sell. I have had other vendors come over and say "Boy, you guys are selling a lot of stuff !" No kidding, because we aren't trying to get new prices for old parts !

Don