Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Take a ride in the Penny Pincher Shoebox

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Buddy Palumbo, Nov 26, 2015.

1. Buddy Palumbo

Buddy Palumbo

Hey guys - It was heading over to my friend Dan's house in the Shoebox last weekend , and it was such a nice day (low 40's , but clear & dry) that I decided to shoot a video . I figured I might as well upload it and share it with you guys . Seeing people's drive videos always gives me inspiration , so I hope it does the same for someone as well . Not the world's best video (I was just holding the camera) , but at least the dumb camera worked for a few minutes (long story) , LOL !! If you're wearing headphones , you can hear the exhaust OK . I'll set up a better video in the future , but for now , Enjoy the fall ride !

blowby, Black_Sheep, Tim and 3 others like this.
  2. 19Fordy

19Fordy

Pretty country side.

3. jerseymike

jerseymike

hey, i know where you are!

4. Buddy Palumbo

Buddy Palumbo

Yea, it's a pretty nice area. Still areas that that don't have McMansion farms where REAL farms used to be ... For now :(

That's certainly possible :)

5. williebill

williebill

Love the view through a split windshield. Thanks for posting.

6. Very cool looking forward to a ride in my Plymouth someday Jim

7. Buddy Palumbo

Buddy Palumbo

The split windshield is one of my favorite parts too. It's so nice looking through new glass as well. Glad that old is never clear, lol.

When you get it rolling, shoot a video !

Tim likes this.
  8. kiwiandy

kiwiandy

That's a quiet office you have there!

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

9. hfh

hfh
    from Western MA

Beautiful country. Very different from where I live in New England.

10. v8flat44

v8flat44

Thanks 4 the ride Buddy. Love them shoe boxes. You related to Ray Palumbo by chance?

11. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Haha blew my mind the first time I got new windshields for an old car. So clear!

12. blowby

blowby
    from Nicasio Ca

Man, not a pot hole in the road. Can't go 50 ft. around here without one. The whole state like that? Nice countryside too

13. Buddy Palumbo

Buddy Palumbo

I bought a full set of new glass for the car (except the rear) because every piece was jacked-up in some way. WELL worth it !! It's nicer than looking out the front of my O.T. daily ride, lol !

There are plenty of potholes here in PA . Just turns out that section is pretty smooth. I live in a pretty rural area of southeast PA, so the scenery is pretty nice. Great for riding motorbikes too (my other love) . The winters are killing me though ... Hate 'em !

14. Buddy Palumbo

Buddy Palumbo

The mufflers have a nice rumble, but totally tolerable. I didn't want it too loud, since i wanted to drive 66 with it (ironically dream shot to hell). It'll get quieter once the sound deadener and carpet are installed.

It's a pretty nice area. Very rural, but in no time, i can be in a bigger city , like Philly or Harrisburg.
    New England was pretty nice when i was up there ...

No probs - ride along again anytime, LoL !
    No, not related to Ray. That's just a nickname, BTW. It's the lead character in my favorite book series by Burt Levy, starting with "the Last Open Road".

15. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Made a huge difference at night not having all the scrapes, dings and delamination popping light