Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage My Photos from Jalopyrama 2015

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dan Greenberg, Nov 3, 2015.

1. Dan Greenberg

Dan Greenberg
    from Parker, CO

2. Naturally, one of my favorite cars!

Dan Greenberg and lothiandon1940 like this.
  3. Dan Greenberg

Dan Greenberg
    from Parker, CO

I kinda figured it would be, Wayne.
    [​IMG]

Sancho, D-Russ, Dave Mc and 3 others like this.
  4. '32 and '34 Ford Pick-me-ups owned by brothers and fellow Rusty Nuts Hot Rod Group members, Steve & Tom Turner, respectively.

5. Ah, you know me too well, Dan!:D
    That chopped, '34 Chevy Master coupe belongs to fellow Rusty Nuts Hot Rod Group member, John Goodman. That's his '51 Ford peeking out beside it, also.

6. Dan Greenberg

Dan Greenberg
    from Parker, CO

Wayne - those 2 pickups looked outstanding parked together like that. I've seen Steve's a few times, but this was the first time for Tom's. There will be a pic of the 51 Ford coming soon too. Funny thing, when I saw it a RJR 2012, it's tag said it was a '49.

Here is another of the many very unusual vehicles that showed up - something I never saw or heard of - a 1948 Manning.

[​IMG]

7. Yes they did, especially in the picture you captured of them!! They're two great rods owned by two great guys. That is weird about John's Ford. For some reason, I was under the impression that it was a '51. It's tuff to tell sometimes once the custom process begins. I'll check with John for the real scoop and let you know.

A '48 Manning is a new one on me, too. Looks to be like one of those British models. We do come up with some off-the-wall stuff, don't we?

8. Binger

Binger
    from wyoming

I love the pics of the survivor cars. I get more excited about seeing original cars as they were built than new builds (sometimes.) Is there any information about that Manning roadster? Thanks again for top notch photos. I look forward to your coverage of different events.

Dan Greenberg likes this.
  9. oj

oj

The nice thing about the early shots of loading the floor is that you can see the vehicle, the 2 pickups are a great example. I can look at them and not be overwhelmed by others around it. I was a kid in a candy store, I'd be looking one over, catch a glint from another and on my way to inspect it get sidetracked by an interesting brake scoop on a different car and then realize I was at the other end of the building and no clue as how I got there.

10. i.rant

i.rant
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. 1940 Ford

Always look forward to your photos Dan and you continue to allow those unable to attend to enjoy the experience as if they're there. Thanks for your excellent coverage.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  11. Dan Greenberg

Dan Greenberg
    from Parker, CO

Thanks Wayne - I would love to know, once and for all. When I first saw it at 2012 RJR I thought it was a 51 as well, but then I saw the tag

Indeed!

Hi Binger - I love them too. There was a ton of info on this car, but I only barely got to talk to the owner in my rush to get other pictures as the cars were clearing out. Perhaps one of our other thread followers knows more.

Binger - I found the card of the guy who brought it. His name is Matt Corish and his email is [email protected]

I know exactly what you mean. My pattern is somewhat random, all determined by what I see around me.

You're very welcome, as always, David (i.rant). Thanks a lot for your continued support.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2015
  12. Dan Greenberg

Dan Greenberg
    from Parker, CO

13. luckythirteenagogo

luckythirteenagogo
    from Selma, NC

I always love your pictures. Thanks for posting!

14. Dan Greenberg

Dan Greenberg
    from Parker, CO

You are very welcome luckythirteenagogo. Thanks for your comment.

Another one of the super unusual, you'll never see it anywhere else cars there was this very cool '25 Citroen.
    [​IMG]
    Note the exhaust pipes.
    [​IMG]
    and this very cool trunk.
    JalopRama15 Oly-0066.jpg

Last edited: Nov 18, 2015
    LeoH, oldsjoe, Bowtie Coupe and 4 others like this.
  15. Dan Greenberg

Dan Greenberg
    from Parker, CO

Thanks Sancho - my typing needs to be watched at all times - especially by me

16. Dan Greenberg

Dan Greenberg
    from Parker, CO

17. I never saw that yellow car before. Looks good

The 48 manning was a neat car. I think it had a flathead in it? Your pictures continue to amaze me

Bowtie Coupe and lothiandon1940 like this.
  18. 41hemi

41hemi

Yessir it sure had a flathead. Sounded pretty nice too! I helped to park it Friday. Being a rusty nut you do those things:)

19. Dan Greenberg

Dan Greenberg
    from Parker, CO

Thanks greasemonkey54. I added the owner's name and email for the 48 Manning to the post above. Thanks Alan for the info about it's engine.
    JalopRama15 Oly-0131.jpg

20. Dan Greenberg

Dan Greenberg
    from Parker, CO

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 19, 2015
    LeoH, oldsjoe, Sancho and 3 others like this.
  21. Dan, here it is straight from the horse's mouth. John confirms it is a '49 2dr sedan and NOT a '51. Hey, what does a Chevy guy know about a Ford, anyway?:D

22. Dan Greenberg

Dan Greenberg
    from Parker, CO

Thanks a lot for finding that out Wayne. Looks on customs are often deceptive.
    JalopRama15 D750-1109x3-4.jpg

24. Not a problem. That's so true about the deceptive looks. Gotta go finish wiping the egg off of my face.:D

25. pwschuh

pwschuh
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Talked to the Citroen's owner for a few minutes. I believe he said it's running an MG engine. Installing a running MG unit was easier than sourcing replacement parts for the Citroen engine.

26. Bruce Lancaster

Bruce Lancaster
    Member Emeritus

Manning...mebbe Chuck Manning. He ran an open-wheeled Ford based sports rod in road racing in the early '50's.

There is a write-up on his racer in the August '53 Honk, and within that article is a concept sketch by Geddes of a full bodied sports car, the plan for developing the racer further. I wonder...
    There are points of resemblance and points of divergence between sketch and that car. It could be. I think the 1948 designation is likely far too early for the body shown up there, though running gear is early Ford based.

27. Al bought the car when he was 18,,,,,,43 years ago.

28. 43 years ago???? He just told me recently that he was 19!!:D:D

29. Dan Greenberg

Dan Greenberg
    from Parker, CO