Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical 1960 BUICK build thread

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ems customer service, Nov 15, 2015.

1. ems customer service

ems customer service

bought this 1960 buick in 08 as a driver while doing the 37 ford,
    it came from northern colorado.

not sure how a quick clean up the engine turned into a full blown resto???

has a dyna-flow not a easy trans to rebuild and get parts, but it works now, reverse was sporadic at times, the engine had low compression, was a 2 bbl but switched to a oem 4bbl that came with the parts car bought from texas, originally ac was not installed but with a vintage air unit and controls from the 225 parts car we have it now, dual exhaust is added too!, the bumpers were chromed at custom chrome in grafton, ohio, still need to redo the interior, paint was done by " suicide axle" in sycamore, ill

Attached Files:

Budget36 and patterg2003 like this.
  2. Randy Routt

Randy Routt

I was getting parts off a 60 Invicta and Electra 225 for a guy building a 4 door. The car he bought was missing the compressor, and given the amount of "stuff" the a.c. system brings to the firewall, your firewall looks super clean. Did you use a vintage air or what set up. The 225 had a early form of cruise control, involving a choke type cable that pulled the accelerator to a chosen point where it stayed until released or brakes applied. The 59-60 Bucks are fantastic looking cars and I think yours looks great in red.

3. belair

belair

4. One of my favorites.. I know where one sits outside year round...bums me out when I see it covered in snow and ice all winter long

5. ems customer service

ems customer service

6. R Pope

R Pope

FINS! Love those old Bufords!

7. hotroddonnie

hotroddonnie

Very nice car! Good thing you didn't need any body panels. :D

8. Randy Routt

Randy Routt

consider buicks and more 021.JPG how smooth your 60 model's Buick looks with the vintage air stuff to this factory set up. This AFB has some specific throttle holding items on it

9. YOU'RE KILLIN' ME SMALLS! I love 60 Buicks. I've had two. And yours is a two door hardtop! Nice work on your engine clean up.

10. G V Gordon

G V Gordon
    from Enid OK