Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Looking for info on "King Kadett" Opal drag car and Old Injun Pontiac drag car

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Blacktop Graffiti, Nov 12, 2015.

1. Blacktop Graffiti

Blacktop Graffiti

As stated looking for info on the King Kadett Opal drag car and the Old Injun Pontiac. Anybody recognize them? 20151004_171846.jpg Photo-0529.jpg

2. Blacktop Graffiti

Blacktop Graffiti

3. I'm pretty sure I've seen mention of both of those cars on here. Especially Old Injun. Search Old Injun and I think you'll find some mention about it.

4. Just did a member search. Look up "old injun" with the quotes. I believe he may be the current owner.

5. Blacktop Graffiti

Blacktop Graffiti

That's the current owner. That's who I'm trying to help out.

6. tmwracing

tmwracing
    from Ohio

Anymore pics of the 'Old Injun'?

7. 2racer

2racer

8. Blacktop Graffiti

Blacktop Graffiti

Those are all by the current owner. We're trying to find history before that.

9. Torkwrench

Torkwrench

If I remember right, the Old Injun Pontiac was in Washington ILL a few years ago. It was also at The Meltdown Drags at least a couple of times.

10. Slopok

Slopok

I've seen it at several locations up here in northern Illinois over the last few years.

11. Blacktop Graffiti

Blacktop Graffiti

I'm still looking for history on both cars. The Pontiac is owned and driven in Northern Ill. now but were looking for its racing history. This is all we have at the moment. Does anyone have any vintage pics?

Also still looking for info on the King Kadett.

Attached Files:

12. Tony sure does like to post pics of the old pontiac everywhere he can!

13. That Poncho or one just like it was for sale here a couple of years ago. I kept looking at it and getting wood.

As I recall from reading somewhere, maybe here on the HAMB the King Kadette was campaigned back east at one time.

14. Hambgrenade

Hambgrenade
    from Byron Ill

Did you find anything on the history of this car. Where is the King Kadet now?

15. Hellfish

Hellfish

I'm friends with the old owner of the Pontiac. I think he sold it to the current owner. PM me your contact info and I'll forward it to him.

16. Hellfish

Hellfish

Ha! I just realized how old this post is!

17. Hambgrenade

Hambgrenade
    from Byron Ill

Yes, this is a really old thread. I remember the guy with The Pontiac from the meltdown. I’m mainly interested in locating King Kadet. My first car was a 68 Opel Kadet

18. petritl

petritl
    from Marion, TX

I purchased the car from a HAMB member out of Guthrie, OK, at that time the car didn’t run or drive.

I posted the car on a Pontiac forum and a guy from CA recognized it , dug through his magazines and sent me the scan of the H.O. newsletter. I traveled through OK with work and stopped by the Pontiac dealer the racer worked at; they told me where the racer lived. I never did get to meet him though.

I sold the Pontiac to Tony and Suzy . I believe Tony met the racer and the racer’s friend who raced against the Old Injun; he also raced a 1955/56 Pontiac (he still owned his car).

I doubt I was able to tell you anything more than you already knew, If you want to know more about the car, maybe a trip to OK is in your future; hopefully the racer is still well.

-Tad

19. egads

egads

Chucky and kidcampbell71 like this.