Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Jalopyrama 2015 Photos

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HelmuthBrothers, Oct 25, 2015.

1. Hey Guys and Gals-

[​IMG]

I'm sorry to bring a somber note to the wonderful comments we have seen about the Rusty Nut's Jalopyrama Reunion, but we are trying to recover our banner. Some may have thought that this would be the last Jalopyrama because of the change in format from the armories to the large indoor venue, but believe us, that was not the reason. We could not work out the rental of the armory, so Mike and others went looking for a different venue. We are already in the planning stages for next year, OK?

Unfortunately, the long banner we had strung on the second floor railing at the Boston Inn, in Westminster, disappeared sometime last Sunday morning. It was not meant to be someone's souvenir. It is part of our advertising for the show.

If you are reading this and are in possession of the banner, we sure would like to get it back. Please feel free to drop it off at the Ag Center or the Boston Inn. You can do this anonymously and no questions will be asked. Alternatively, you can also ship it to either place with no return address.

We sure would like to be able to fly the banner next year.

Thanks in advance for its return.

Jim Ireland, AKA Irish Jr.
    Rusty Nuts Hot Rod Group

Irish Jr.

2. Jalopyrama Mike

Jalopyrama Mike

Bruce, thanks for your kind words and sorry I didn't get a chance to talk with you, I did see you there but was a bit busy at the time and never caught up with you.
    Glad you enjoyed the show and Dangerously Delicious Pies said they had Pie Truck problems and wouldn't be able to make it. We also had three other snack type foods who bailed at the last minute. Neither Beefalo Bob nor us expected the unbelievable turnout for the first attempt at this new venue. We were a bit over-whelmed and sold out and ran out of practically everything; headlight stickers, wrist bands, raffle tickets (although I did find another roll for Ms. Jalopyrama to sell). She ended up selling almost $800 in 50/50 raffle tickets. I'm still paying bills but I know the Kahlert Cancer Center & the ARC of Carroll County will be pleased with the amount of $ we will be presenting to them. Thank you and to everyone who supported the Jalopyrama Reunion and the charities we selected be our beneficiaries. Jalopyrama Mike

3. Jalopyrama Mike

Jalopyrama Mike

Hey Bruce, sorry I disappointed you about Dangerously Delicious Pieman wasn't there. They told me their Pie Wagon was broken and wouldn't be able to make it. We also had a few other snack food type vendors who cancelled the last minute. Beefalo Bob was overwhelmed with the turn out of people, and so were we. Glad you were at least satisfied with a Pa. Pie and the show. We always try to please the customers/spectators & participants with a great assortment of distractions from the normal old car show. Thanks for all your complimentary comments. J'Mike

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  4. ronnieroadster

ronnieroadster

Mike and all the Rusty Nuts once again your guys put together one hell of show. The new location for the indoor show brings back the feel of how it was so long ago. Seeing so many cool cars all placed inside was an amazing site. This truly is one of the best shows in the East. All your hard work was worth it we had a great time at a great show.

sonoramic, lothiandon1940 and wraymen like this.
  5. ^ X2 Great show Mike and to all the Rusty Nuts; job well done. Hope ya get your banners back.
    Food, who has time for food? When your feasting on some of the best rides on the East Coast.

6. Dan Greenberg

Dan Greenberg
    from Parker, CO

Thanks a lot for this awesome coverage! Helps me get caught up with what I missed when I was there.

7. 1940 coupe

1940 coupe
    from nj

cool pics thanks

8. Very cool, thanks for sharing.

9. Awesome show! Had a nice time at the Greene Turtle and stay at Boston Inn. Here's our group from the eastern shore MD :) Set-up day morning.
    100_4678 (Medium).JPG 100_4680 (Medium).JPG 100_4683 (Medium).JPG

Bowtie Coupe, OL 55, wraymen and 4 others like this.
  10. catdad49

catdad49

Thanks for the great pics & for the sharing of info on the cars! Some great car history to ogle, who needs food?

11. DSC06170bw.jpg DSC06181bw.jpg DSC06179bw.jpg DSC06177.JPG Some pictures of the ride up from Southern MD

Bowtie Coupe, OL 55, hrm2k and 5 others like this.
  12. ^^^^^Who's the nut-case freezin' his ass off?^^^^^^:D;)

Bowtie Coupe, hrm2k and wraymen like this.
  13. I love that b&w shot of your Austin and Dink's A at the gas pumps. Cool shots all.

Bowtie Coupe and wraymen like this.
  14. Wow, really?? I don't remember it being that cold :)

wraymen and lothiandon1940 like this.
  15. Easy for you to say.;):D

16. That was a good ride. Never a slow parade pace when your leading the group!

17. Bruce Lancaster

Bruce Lancaster
    Member Emeritus

Glad to hear that the loss of the pies was a temporary glitch...this is historically not just one of the very best Hotrod shows, it is also usually one of the very best Pie shows!
    The only thing better than lots of Hotrods is lots of Hotrods and pies!

18. ..............................................Well said, Bruce.:D

Bowtie Coupe likes this.
  19. ...............................Speedo is non-op, just going by tach alone.:D;)

Bowtie Coupe and wraymen like this.
  20. Next year, bring the family. Plan for it now, it'll likely be the same weekend.

21. It was, but it wud have been even better if you had been there. Hope to see you back again!

22. That's becuz you were driving a Chevy coupe with one of them new fangled devices known as a "heater." You know how well those Chevy heaters work, too!:eek::D:D

Scooterville likes this.
  23. Bruce, you are man after my own heart!:D