Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration The Photoshop thread to end all Photoshop Threads!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Pair O' Dice, Oct 10, 2008.

1. 222.jpg

2. I tried a number different combinations of colors and really didn't like any of them...Too much going on. Here's one of the better examples and I think it's still not working. 1957 Pontiac Convertible3.jpg

3. Quintin

Quintin

Could someone darken the color, more burgandy. Lay the rockers on the ground as if it's on airride , and maybe one with front skirts. Thank you ahead of time!!

Attached Files:

4. Yep, I agree, not working. At least I know now, so thanks Moose.

5. lower.jpg

kiwijeff and Runnin shine like this.
  6. Quintin

Quintin

^^^ that looks bad ass thanks man! Could you do one with front skirts, I've always loved front skirts and always wondered what my car would look like with them. Thanks

7. Runnin shine

Runnin shine

@themoose could you give her the color change rebirth with this scion blueish grey? One shiny and one faded/suede. Maybe a touch darker but not lighter. I'd like to do the body and frame, no numbers, don't know about the wheels, but black still. Do you mind replacing the door handle?
    ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1446728097.908436.jpg
    ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1446728111.881572.jpg

Last edited: Nov 5, 2015
  8. I'm guessing you mean something like this...

front skirt.jpg

kiwijeff likes this.
  9. Quintin

Quintin

I was picturing more of a flush mounted skirts in front, sorry I didn't specify. Thanks moose!

10. OK...I figured it would severely limit your turning radius with flush mounted but here ya go....

front skirt2.jpg

kiwijeff likes this.
  11. Quintin

Quintin

The idea is skirts that turn with the wheel just enough for wheel clearance. I have an idea on how it would work in my head, and I know others have done it. Thanks moose!

12. Runnin shine

Runnin shine

13. OK...Here are a few versions..Shiny with the roof filled,shiny with open roof,shiny with insert, faded with open roof and one with roof filled...

shiny nr jpg.jpg shiny roof2.jpg insert.jpg satin wo roof.jpg satin with roof.jpg

Last edited: Nov 6, 2015
    kiwijeff and daddio211 like this.
  14. Runnin shine

Runnin shine

15. EdLouie

EdLouie

Anyone want to give me some scallop ideas. I was thinking black white and metallic gold over what i got.
    CIMG0154.jpg

LeoH likes this.
  16. Here's a few colors to look at..I went with two colors with a main color and a complementing color as boarder. I think that the three more subtle colors look best...

gold.jpg silver.jpg blue.jpg purple.jpg

17. ROADSTER1927

ROADSTER1927

I vote for #3------ Moose you are a wizard! Gary:D

whtbaron, LeoH and themoose like this.
  18. Runnin shine

Runnin shine

19. EdLouie

EdLouie

You rule Moose! I'll be headed in the #3 direction for sure. Next will be the roof and tops of fins. Thanks!

verde742 and themoose like this.
  20. Thanks for the compliments guys ...They make doing this stuff even more enjoyable!!!!

daddio211 likes this.
  21. MotorCityDeuce

MotorCityDeuce

Hey Moose, as many HAMBer
    Moose, as many have said before me, you really have an eye for "coolness". Thanks for the help on my Cameo and I think the '57 Pontiac convertible should stay as is, or maybe all black with silver trim. Watta you think?

22. verde742

verde742

DO NOT TOUCH THAT PONTIAC, EXCEPT LOWER,
    IT AND A LITTLE MORE IN FRONT THAN BACK..

23. MotorCityDeuce

MotorCityDeuce

Agree!!!

24. Smoothy

Smoothy

I'm trying to come up with a neat gasser paint job. So far I came up with something decent, but I my photoshop skills are limited. The interior is blue and white in the car and I'm trying to incorporate some metalflake and maybe some gold/silver leaf into the paint. Can anyone else come up with something? 20150913_163309.jpg IMG_20150811_001107.jpg

25. It would look pretty good in black with silver

black2.jpg

Last edited: Nov 8, 2015
    kiwijeff likes this.
  26. daddio211

daddio211

I've said it before and I'll say it repeatedly, we need a "buy the moose a beer" button on here. The man tirelessly cranks out beautiful creations for nonpaying customers and doesn't complain. Hell, I don't drink and haven't had him do anything for me but I'd buy the man steak dinner just for the entertainment he's provided!

What say you? Interested in throwing out your email address for PayPal donations for all the work you've done?

Of course he's not the only one, many talented digital artists hang out here and do the same thing. You all deserve the same!

dad-bud, kiwijeff, LeoH and 3 others like this.
  27. verde742

verde742

LOWER THAT SOB... please

28. I know this is nothing like you described but I love the gasser style and the Tri Fives so I couldn't help myself. I thought it would look sinister and all business in black...
    black gasser.jpg

kiwijeff, whtbaron and Smoothy like this.
  29. I really appreciate the thought and compliment but I'm having a lot of fun doing this for the guys...Where else are you able to build a different style car every day and not spend a cent. ;)

dad-bud, OahuEli, kiwijeff and 5 others like this.