Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features **Model T buckets/RPU's/Roadster/Tourings official photo thread**

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Old-Soul, Aug 25, 2010.

1. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

bummer. which mag, or can we ask that.

2. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Damn straight...We weren't ALL listening to the goddam Bee-Gees...

Hotdoggin DaddyO likes this.
  3. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Sweet jesus, I wanna go home again...:( I'm lost and I don't know this place anymore...

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 4, 2015
    Hotdoggin DaddyO, Old-Soul and brad2v like this.
  4. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

My RPU outside for a photo, then in Michigan at Rod Tops shop. :cool: Larry roadster outside ! 001 (2).jpg IMG_20150806_112302 (2).jpg

GasserTodd, dana barlow, Zerk and 3 others like this.
  5. steel rebel

steel rebel
    Member Emeritus

Not sure George. Trent is an independent. His last photo shoot of my roadster he sold to Rod&Kulture. Zombie printed it in his Summer '14 issue. It's a quarterly. This time I told Trent I'd put the top back on. It's like a different car with the top on.
    Gary

SANY0021.jpg

6. Old-Soul

Old-Soul

A couple more from our friend Pat, I think I owe him a beer for all these.

Richmod, B.C circa 1964

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Old-Soul

Old-Soul

Here's another from Pat's set of Richmond photos.

[​IMG]

brad2v and falcongeorge like this.
  8. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

WOW! that's the first pic I have ever seen of Coopers car with mags on the back! Cool find!

9. Bangkok Dean

Bangkok Dean

From back in the 70s.
    427 side oilier Ford with a C6 auto.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

A couple of Wild and Crazy guys
    [​IMG]

26 steel touring with chrome Jag rear, 283 SBC super bell axel Jag wheels
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. Tn. Trash

Tn. Trash

Great pics, thanks for posting. That almost looks like Martin/ Ackroyd in the pic above.

11. loudbang

loudbang

Dean had a LOT more hair back then :p

12. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

We ALL had a lot more hair then...:D

13. Bangkok Dean

Bangkok Dean

Ant that the truth'....LOL
    [​IMG]

14. Took mine (not under its own power yet) to a open day show at our drag Strip recently............getting there with it. JW
    [​IMG]

loudbang, chessterd5 and daddio211 like this.
  15. Captain Carson

Captain Carson
    from N.Z

Haven't been on here for a while, here's a recent pic of mine. IMG_5422.jpg

16. atch

atch

Very interesting rear ladder bars. I've never seen any like them before. I looked at your albums 'til I saw the pic of them and saw the caption that they were made from two sets of 30's bars. When you get this on the road please let us know how well they work out. I'm thinking that with the banjo rear they will never be over stressed (axle key will probably shear before ladder bars fail), but am very curious about their performance. Perhaps I might do something similar in my '26 T modified. I am considering the possible stresses a 401 nailhead / 4-sp / 9" rear might transmit to the bars though.

b-t-w; neat truck.

daddio211 and 26 T Ford RPU like this.
  17. Bumpity bump...more!

18. Speed Gems

Speed Gems

19. -Brent-

-Brent-

@26 T Ford RPU is the body fastened to the rails in this pic? It looks like it's floating.

20. Here is my little roadster pickup turned out nice ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1445996427.794508.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1445996465.744668.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1445996486.644281.jpg

21. Hi Brent, its mounted up about an inch, its how it was when I got it and I have a small filler panel to go in there. JW

22. Raiman1959

Raiman1959

I absolutely love all the pics....much appreciated!:)

23. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

one of my favorites as well. Don't know if I should mention this, but in the strictest sense of the word, its not really a T roadster, its a T roadster PU with a fabricated rear turtle deck, that is quite a bit more abbreviated than a '26/'27 Roadster turtle deck. To me, that's a BIG part of its charm. SailorLR.jpg
    I have had a real thing for this car ever since I saw it as a teen in Hot Rod around 1974. Another thing I really like about this car is the colours, especially the two-tone blue interior. And no, its not black.
    400px-Bob-smith-1927-ford-model-t-roadster.jpg

24. I first saw that car on the cover of Hot Rod in the late 50's. It had quite an effect on an impressionable 14 year old then.

Atwater Mike likes this.
  25. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

I didn't get my hands on the Hot Rod issue till later in life, but I am a few years younger than you. The first time I saw it I was around the same age as you were, but it was a few years later. The first time I saw it was in one of the articles Hot Rod did in their 25th anniversary run-up. There were a bunch of forties/fifties cars in there that were pretty well-known even then, but the two that really grabbed me were the "Sailor Bob" T, and the pic of Bruce Geislers truck. For a 15 year old kid in the early seventies, seeing these cars for the first time was like unearthing buried treasure.

26. steel rebel

steel rebel
    Member Emeritus

I remember just one caption from the article. Something about the builder still running the outdated flathead Ford engine. That was the times between when flatheads were the engine to run and the nostalgia that we have now.

Gary

27. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

It would be a cool car to clone, except it had an Evans 4X2 on it, those are rare as hell and big$$$. Lots of body mods, cowl is lengthened, body is sectioned, doors are welded shut, according to Kustomrama, the turtle deck was built around a Henry J decklid. Pretty sure the headlights are post-war Harley Davidson.
    sailor bob 1.jpg sailor bob 2.jpg sailor bob 3.jpg sailor bob 4.jpg

Last edited: Nov 7, 2015
    a boner, exterminator and brad2v like this.
  28. steel rebel

steel rebel
    Member Emeritus

You know George if not a klone a look alike like mine is of the Kookie Kar. Something really close. Really the only thing I don't like about the car is (at the risk of being chastised for mentioned it) the rear shocks. Otherwise a 3X2 intake wouldn't be noticed by anyone but Ganahl, you ,me and Dean.
    Of course you would have to wear a sailor suit and which of our wives are that thin now.
    Gary

29. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

I have a lot of the stuff I would need in my parts pile, but I also have too many projects already. You know I was already thinking about it pretty hard if I got to the point of researching price/rarity of Evans 4x2's. If I did it, I would do the shocks the same way, its a big part of the cars identity. Christ, if I started dressing up in a sailors suit, my wife would REALLY snap!
    Gotta wonder where the tail-lights came from. Maybe 40's/50's era big truck cab marker lights?

brad2v likes this.
  30. steel rebel

steel rebel
    Member Emeritus

You know your right George the good the bad and ugly. It would take away from the personality if the rear shocks were changed. If i had another car left in me it might be this one. I was thinking Pontiac on the taillights but they are smaller. I don't know.