Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Is there a car or truck you dream about but eludes you?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, Oct 29, 2015.

1. That is why I didn't mention the Bugatti roadster that I have been in love with since I was a child.

This car in silver is just tits. But I have never bothered chasing one, it is one of those things that will always be completely out of reach for a simple old grease monkey like myself.

[​IMG]

On the other hand there is no reason in the world that I could never ever own a '57 ford post car other then it has eluded me for ever. its a fuckin unicorn.

2. Beaner, i have two Bugatti's,....... ok maybe not the whole cars,....alright maybe i just have two original Bugatti wood dash boards hanging in my shop.........but you have to start somewhere........i only need the other 13045 parts for each.:D;):cool:

RiotPirate and brad2v like this.
  3. Well,now we are talking unicorns and a unlimited checkbook I could go for a 1938 Phantom Corsair. HRP

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Stogy, brad2v and tb33anda3rd like this.
  4. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

This one eludes me. Very unique styling. Whatta beauty...You must have fun cruisin around in this masterpiece.

Terrplane-1.jpg

Terrplane-2.jpg

wedjim likes this.
  5. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Couple more right click saves of this wild ride...Imagine seeing this thing back in 1938. What the...

Watch the video that guy drove it like he stole it or maybe hes just one of those hoodlums in a suit...I notice the instrumentation is quite different to the film.

Corsair2.jpg

1039.png

Last edited: Nov 4, 2015
  6. toml24

toml24

I too would like to have Studebaker Avanti , or, a 1927 Ford Tall T with a Offy engine.

7. The interior scene is not from the Corsair,the steering wheel is on the wrong side and there is no division bar where the windshield should be.

Stogy likes this.
  8. Beaner, I have one junkyass old 57 Ford Custom 2 door I would let you have for three hundred bucks. Its been sitting in my shed for nearly 20 years. I have an old ad in the classifieds for it. Its probably only worth twenty bucks...:(

9. I'll have to get the A a little farther along before I snag another. But I'll keep it in mind. I wish I had noticed your old ad before I traded my Willys. :(

The motor that is going in my A started out as a steel crank and a set of pink rods. A little more then a dash but it was just some parts in my little brothers garage and a confused b day gift. I'll tell you the story some day ( when we have time to chat).

Well fellas it is off to the garage to work on not my dream car, well maybe its a dream car a little bit. :D

Last edited: Nov 5, 2015
    tb33anda3rd likes this.
  10. bfalfa55

bfalfa55

Mine is a bit far from the HAMB type car but I would love to have a Cheetah. The company that can make you a turn key car with modern GM components or whatever you want to purchase is about 15 miles south of where I live. I have seen a few real ones but I'd settle for the kit. They are just too cool looking !

11. barryvanhook

barryvanhook
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Mesa, AZ

After my maroon 40 Tudor, my next dream car would be either a Graham Hollywood or Huppmobile Skylark, with a relatively modern drive train, of course.

12. Quintin

Quintin

Vette nomad concept, and a tucker

Attached Files:

Wrench666 and Stogy like this.
  13. Guess I was busy during this thread!
    One of these just like this!
    010.jpg 008.jpg 009.jpg

exterminator and Stogy like this.
  14. cptn60

cptn60
    from Joke City

Always loved this; Joe Barnett's 41. Originally built by Jack Calori, Gene Winfield painted it a gorgeous bronze color. The rear fenders were swapped for AD Chevy; to me that makes it. Not a swap everyone agrees on, especially my Dad.

Attached Files:

Stogy likes this.
  15. image.jpg Apache pickup like this one with the short box.

cptn60 likes this.
  16. jaxx

jaxx

1956 Plymouth - some day - jaxx

17. D.N.D.

D.N.D.
    Member Emeritus

That is the 39'-40' I have ever seen with fender skirts ?

Just don't see skirts that much out here in so-cal

18. I dream of this one often. I have known exactly where it is for over 10 years. There is one large ocean, and a very happy Britt between me and this car. It will elude me the rest of my days.

[​IMG]

brad2v likes this.
  19. D.N.D.

D.N.D.
    Member Emeritus

You never know Dean, 2 yrs after selling my 37' in 68' two guys from NYC moved out here bought it and put on the street in Sunland, them it went missing for 25 yrs and it was right over the hill from me in Simi Valley

Then it turns up in Autotrader, was bought and half assed restored but at least it was saved to be around for some time to come

Maybe your RPU will be available some day too

20. HELL! I am one of the lucky ones as I have my dream car and am building it.
    I have wanted a 32 Ford original 3 window since I was 18 years old. Now I am 76 and building one. It will be on the road next spring for everyone to see.
    LUCKY ME!

Stogy, barryvanhook and RiotPirate like this.
  21. I, too already have the car of my dreams, but I have always wanted a "WAY off topic" car that my neighbor test drove. The Chrysler Turbine car. I woke up in the mornings to the sound of a Lear jet starting up in the driveway next door. Never got a ride in it. I was too bashful to ask my neighbor. Chrysler Turbine car hood-ornament.jpg

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 8, 2015
    Stogy likes this.
  22. lucas doolin

lucas doolin

You brought back a great memory with your reference to the Chrysler Turbine car. Was sitting in a drive-in restaurant in Saint Petersburg, Florida in the 60s, admiring the stunning custom work on what I thought was a Ford T-Bird until it started up to leave. WTF! Then I realized it wasn't a custom T-Bird but a bone stock Chrysler Turbine. The start-up sound and "whoosh" when it drove off is forever etched in my memory.

31Dodger and Stogy like this.
  23. typo41

typo41
    Member Emeritus

And the bed was a F-100 not the 40, I have recently seen the truck at El Mirage. You would be sad, it is rough, black primer, canvas topped cargo cover over the bed. I questioned the truck until I saw the vents and some of the original gold.

24. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

Alot of vehicles,not deep enough pockets to afford them.

25. xhotrodder

xhotrodder

Ihad two Uncles that had cars that I loved and wanted so bad. The 1st was a 40 Chevy coupe. I asked him if he would sell it to me if he ever decided to sell it. He traded it in for a 1950 Chevy 1/2 ton pickup. When I asked him why he didn't sell it to me, he said I didn't sell it I traded it. Besides what would a 10 year old do with a car. The 2nd Uncle had a 57 Ford sedan delivery. Beautiful black, on black, with a 292, 3-speed. I was 12 years old and helped him clean cabinets all the time. I asked him to not pay me and just let me use that money as a down payment on the 57. He laughed and said you don't need this car your only 12. I said it would probably take me about 4 years to get the money together to pay for it. He would let me drive it when we went on fishing trips. But he traded it in on an Econoline van a year later.

wedjim likes this.
  26. 1948 Hudson pickup would do it for me.

27. triman62

triman62

I have close to one thousand hours in my current project (51 Hudson Hornet), and no where near finishing soon. If I had found a part time job for those hours I could buy my dream car, a 32 chevy roadster, could be why it eludes me, not the same as building your own car the way you want it.

28. Squablow

Squablow

Interesting topic. The one I always wanted was a GTO Judge, and now I have a real one but I go back and forth on whether I'm willing to invest the incredible amount of time it'll take to fix it, it's rough. It might end up being enough for me to just be able to say I "had" one.

I always wanted a 49-51 Mercury coupe, had this one but had to sell it to pay taxes one year,

000_0001.JPG
    And it was never that high on my personal list, but it seems like the dream car of many others, I had this for one day,

03-31-15 010.jpg
    Before trading it for what I really wanted all along, below. And this one much nicer than the first.

03-31-15 001.jpg
    The Deuce I know I'll be satisfied just to be able to say I had one. The Judge I might regret if I let it go, time will tell.

29. 35desoto

35desoto

A 1956 Dodge Custom Royal 2 door pillarless with V8 and (fingers crossed) a manual transmission. Woo Hoo - that would please me!!!!!
    As rare as rocking horse manure down this way.

30. summersshow

summersshow
    from NC

I would have to say a Tucker...
    I ALMOST had one... Guy in VA had one a few years ago that he knew nothing about and had turned it into a playhouse for his little girls...
    He posted for sale, I called him and said I'm on the way... After a 7 hour drive someone was loading it up when I got there...

chryslerfan55 likes this.