Register now to get rid of these ads!

TV- Jay Lenos Garage

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ka-zoo, Dec 1, 2006.

1. Squablow

Squablow

Is it really? If so, (or if he's reading) thanks for the tires. Our Great Race team made the whole race, but we didn't do so well until the second year.

My (retired) HS shop teacher still has an answering machine tape recorded message of you calling him (back when answering machines had tapes in them!).

2. Bluto

Bluto
    Member Emeritus

Squablow !!!!

No I am not Leno!! Read my post..... My comment was directed to him.

I have only been there for a couple of the fires

And yes I did call him Sparky after the last one

Again....I am not Jay Leno or anybody you ever heard of, and yes, I do live across the street from West Coast Choppers (but only for a few more weeks)

3. Winfield

Winfield

I was at the Pebble Beach Concourse this year where Jay Leno was the MC. I saw three guys bid $5500 each for charity to tour his garage. I got to meet Jay Leno and shake his hand when he called me up on stage after I won the raffle for a brand new Mercedes Benz. All in all, my experience meeting Jay was a good one.

4. The37Kid

The37Kid

I just got a flashback to the TV show "To Tell The Truth", this could work here on the HAMB! We don't know what most people look like and we don't have to do Jay's voice impression!:rolleyes: Jay Leno #1 Why is a Stanley pump handle hollow?

5. Abomination

Abomination

If you're interested, here's a link to an owner's manual:
    http://www.stanleymotorcarriage.com/735Manual/735Manual.htm

~Jason

6. Ghostrdr

Ghostrdr
    from Missouri

Seems to me Jay should have a place at the Petersen Museum where he displays his stuff on a revolving basis. That or open his own. Seems a shame that all that historical greatness is hidden from those of us that can appreciate it.

7. Really a pretty cool site. Now I'm stuck watching video's at work instead of working. :D

8. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

If you sat outside his garage you could see him pull out each day in a different car with him apprecaiting each car as an owner should.....by driving it.;)

9. Ghostrdr

Ghostrdr
    from Missouri

I heard he drives them all, as we all would I would hope. That is why i was thinking a revolving type thing. He can only drive 29-31 cars a month and he has more than that I am sure.

10. Slammed88

Slammed88
    from Canada

C'mon dude, don't lie...:D

11. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

If I remember correctly the number was around 89 with about that many motorcycles as well I think. All the cars have current registration and insurance and yes what you heard is correct, he does take out a different one each day. At least thats what I was told when I was there.

Man, I sure wish I could post some of the photos but I promised. The place was incrediable.

12. hiboyroadsterboy

hiboyroadsterboy
    from Mass

I posted a picture of my 32 on there.

13. N.O.M.A.D.

N.O.M.A.D.

14. N.O.M.A.D.

N.O.M.A.D.

Someday I Will Too, Nomadder Wwat.!

15. N.O.M.A.D.

N.O.M.A.D.

Someday I Will Too, Nomadder Wwat.!

16. N.O.M.A.D.

N.O.M.A.D.

Test ? Thats What She Said!

17. phat rat

phat rat

For those wondering. No Bluto isn't Leno. I met Bluto and toured his place last fall. Cool guy with cool stuff.

18. Jay may know a thing or two about cars, but his writers don't! Check out this from the discription of the '56 Nomad.

From 1955 to 1957, the Chevy Nomad helped define the emerging Southern California surf culture. The two-door station wagon sported a unique style and a body shared with its sister car, the Pontiac Halo. The design changed to a four-door model in 1958 and continued until 1961 when the line was dropped. Since then, the car has reappeared several times in altered styles, but the true Nomad, like the one owned by Dave Killackey, is the mid-50's model that ruled the Southern California coast for a brief, but magical period of time.

19. I couldn't resist... :rolleyes:

link

20. hrm2k

hrm2k
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

me neither :eek:

21. HOT ROD DAVE

HOT ROD DAVE

nice ride

love seeing jay take his cars for rides all the time especially the steam units, seems hes takin over the one local tv show it seams like

22. OLDSMAN

OLDSMAN
    BANNED

I always enjoyed seeing Leno on My Classic Car, so I taped the episodes so I could watch them when time allowed. I watched two last night, and really enjoyed them. The one with Tim Allen was the best.

23. Way to revive a thread from 2008

24. 2racer

2racer

You can watch those anytime on youtube

https://www.youtube.com/user/JayLenosGarage

25. yruhot

yruhot

Saw a show once on his steam car and that think seemed to haul ass, He was running up and sown the freeway with it. Funniest part was when he honks and steam train horn he has on that thing, Favorite is when people are parked on the railroad tracks trying to catch a light and cant move and he honks that train whistle., now thats funny. The looks must be great.lol.yruhot

26. LOU WELLS

LOU WELLS
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from IDAHO

I FEEL THAT JAY LENO HAS BROUGHT INFORMATION AND WIT TO THIS HOBBY WE KEEP PREDICTING IS DYING WHEREAS JESSE JAMES IS A TIRELESS SELF PROMOTER (IMHFO)............................

SKULL CRUSHERS M.C.