Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features 1950's period correct hot rods.

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by oldebob, Dec 27, 2009.

1. flatheadtommy

flatheadtommy

this is my 32 i had some years back IMG_0221.JPG

2. Oh it has absolutely nothing to do with the thread. it is just something that someone threw out there and hoped it would make us giggle. :D

I do faces better then names and sometimes in the pits I don't do faces real well either. I will probably remember you when I see you though, I just may not remember why so if I look confused please don't take it personal I get that look when my brain is trying to access memory. :oops:

I'll splain in a PM its not everyone's business. ;)

3. verde742

verde742

last I heard Phil Herine in Oregon had bot it.. but he doesn't keep stuff long... so IDK

4. 31pickemup

31pickemup

built in 59 outside.jpg unnamed (14).jpg show2.jpg show8.jpg

Last edited: Oct 31, 2015
  5. Six Ball

Six Ball
    from Nevada

That is perfect are there more pictures?
    OOPS, I only saw the first picture.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2015
    Bowtie Coupe likes this.
  6. dana barlow, Sancho and brad2v like this.
  7. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

8. 50Fraud

50Fraud

People sometimes bemoan the fact that there are few, if any, customs built from pre-'35 models. The light colored car in this picture is certainly an exception to that observation; the body is so far from any original Ford product that it's virtually a coachbuilt car.

I've seen it before, but don't remember what it started out as. I think I recall that it has a deuce grille.

Sancho and Bowtie Coupe like this.
  9. when i see photos like that, my first reaction is "full hubcaps F^*#@ing rule"

volvobrynk, Sancho, brad2v and 2 others like this.
  10. 38 Ford Guy

38 Ford Guy

11. brad2v

brad2v

That lil tub is tasty!!!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

falcongeorge likes this.
  12. 38 Ford Guy

38 Ford Guy

13. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

When I look back at old magazines, its clear to me that the lines between 'hot-rod" and "custom" were no where near as hard-edged and clearly defined as they are now, and making those definitions so hard-edged really stifles the modern scene. It seems like the new rules are as soon as you make any body mods beyond chopping a car and switching the tail-lights, it becomes a "custom" and is supposed to have a tail-dragger stance and skirts. Your car clearly violates the new rules, and that's why I love it.
    That light coloured car looks to be Model 40 based, and it is extremely cool, IMO. I'd love to know more.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2015
    dana barlow, Sancho and flatheadtommy like this.
  14. 38 Ford Guy

38 Ford Guy

Not to make you sick of it but here is a couple more
    ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1446336948.088255.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1446337004.609211.jpg

15. F&J

F&J

Who else wishes that pic showed more of the 2 cars behind those? Wow, what can be seen of them looks good

I'm sure a lot of viewers don't get your excitement over wheel covers, but yes they do look perfect on those cars. It's too bad it was only maybe a ten year fad back then?

cptn60 and tb33anda3rd like this.
  16. 38 Ford Guy

38 Ford Guy

17. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

99% sure the white one is the Don Hentzell pu, which is causing a lot of discussion on here lately.

Sancho and brad2v like this.
  18. Finn Jensen

Finn Jensen
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I really like everything about this sweet 40 coupe, but especially the front nerf bar.

19. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

pretty much '53/'63, until mags and chromies started to push them out of the picture.

20. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

Good clean up of the pic. The sure does look like Stan "The BodyMan" Berhinghele's 32 from Culver City back before Craig Bowman nee ,"Breedlove" flipped it back in the day. If one looks up a Rodders Journal with a garage spread story on Stan's then current build roadster, I believe that this 32 3W is in there as it was from pic that he used to carry in his wallet.

Stan built 3 more 32 3W's. and a couple of 32 Roadsters and hung out as an "OLDTIMERs" WLA.
    club member. He past away roughly 6 years ago. Coincidentally Stan chopped the Neal East 32 5W Coupe back in like 56. Did Robert William's body work on his black 32 3W, Was a great talent and made pounds of lead dust.

brad2v and Baron like this.
  21. Rice n Beans Garage

Rice n Beans Garage

You got that right Kevin, he was a great Talent and Friend..

Chief 64 likes this.
  22. I could not agree with you more George. The Ol' Man used to say that all hot rods were customs but not all customs were hot rods.

I look at it this way, let us suppose that we have an A sedan, and channel it with a mild chop. then we put the fenders back on it with the fenders in the stock location. That is an old custom trick moving the body down and leaving the fenders where they sit, they look raised in relation to the body. Then we stuff a hot olds between the frame horns and back it with a LaSalle top loader. Now this raises a question, is it a hot rod or a custom? o_O:confused::)

23. bowie

bowie
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'd say its a custom rod!

Bowtie Coupe likes this.
  24. Interesting candy apple roadster from British Columbia running 322 nailhead and another Ford steering wheel.
    CenturyStormer_1.jpg
    dash.jpg
    nailhead.jpg
    lhfront.jpg
    front.jpg
    62.jpg 63.jpg 64.jpg 65.jpg

EVL401, A Boner, volvobrynk and 5 others like this.
  25. I'd say a 34 Tony.

26. 50Fraud

50Fraud

Yeah, I think so too.

27. This car was originally built by Joe Mahovlic of Vancouver, B.C. in 1950/51 and later sold to Chuck Robinson who installed the Buick engine and painted it Candy Apple red.

falcongeorge likes this.
  28. Late fifties 33 Ford 5 window at Dead Man's Curve a few years ago.

GEDC2243.JPG GEDC2242.JPG GEDC2244.JPG GEDC2240.JPG