Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features 1948-52 New Old Style Kustoms

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by J.B., Dec 12, 2010.

1. Rikster

Rikster

Nitrobrother. Kustomrama is actually the site of Sondre Kvipt and his brother.

The Custom Car Chronicle is my site and so is the Custom Car Photo Archive. Both are excellent reference sites when it comes to Custom Cars.

Hotdoggin DaddyO and Peanut 1959 like this.
  2. Dang it, you're right. CRAFT disease sneaking in again. Thanks for the correction. Kudos to you and to the Brothers Kvipt!

3. Piranah

Piranah

My father-in-law had the interior redone (to the original layout, just replaced material) and the engine split already. I dont know what else he had done before he passed, so Ill have to do some research to see what needs done to it.

4. 2384115-f6890949fd306c3c51ed4c1839891d88.jpg 2384113-86e3975ec531d0b376d68a2f9d7a042e.jpg Heres my project of 5 years . Hoping for next summer .

koolkemp and Lill_Hedlund like this.
  5. Nolan

Nolan

1952+1 Mercury.

Attached Files:

6. flatout51

flatout51

Anymore?! This thread is keeping me from going insane at work! !

Hotdoggin DaddyO likes this.
  7. Ruggie

Ruggie

Here is my dodge two doored and part way through the chop. Still a long way to go..

Attached Files:

Lill_Hedlund likes this.
  8. Devin

Devin
    from Napa, CA

^^^ DO IT! ^^^

9. cgc1958

cgc1958
    Member Emeritus
    1. 1957-59 Ranchero's

Gorgeous!!

10. J.B.

J.B.
    from Sweden

What are you waiting for? ;)

11. thinkfink

thinkfink

12. Janne

Janne

Rusk, Squablow, CadMad and 7 others like this.
  13. Starting to really, really like '41s! Nice build Erno! Chris, hope to see that built!

14. my current build fits in pretty well i think.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. fredrik49

fredrik49
    from Sweden

My new project, will get rid of the modern things and go for an older style.
    New taillights, -41 Ford bumpers, flipper caps... and some bodywork.. haha!
    Ford 1946.JPG

BigO, flatout51, nitrobrother and 5 others like this.
  16. Kaptain Kustom

Kaptain Kustom
    from Finland

Glendale, I think those mods are perfect for the shoebox!

17. I am very happy to here that you are ditching the tail lights on that car. any more pictures?
    thanks man I am taking my time and trying to do this car as period correct as possible.

18. fredrik49

fredrik49
    from Sweden

Haha yes, im happy about that as well...
    Awsome grillwork on your Shoebox by the way, love it.
    Another pic, just got it like this to my workshop the other day. Lucky enough theres long winters in Sweden!
    Ford 1946 profile.JPG

19. eric54chevy

eric54chevy
    from TEXAS!

Last edited: Oct 28, 2015
    Lill_Hedlund and glendale like this.
  20. Janne

Janne

fredrik49: Is that possibly same car that was in Finland some years ago? It think the grille was with some extra bars on it?

21. a990hemi

a990hemi
    from Wisconsin

Might anyone know the paint color, or have a pic of this car in natural light to share? Looks like a beautiful bronze tone, but hard to say with the angle of the sun light hitting it.

22. J.B.

J.B.
    from Sweden

Hi!
    Great to see you here. But, I'm afraid that that car does not fit in this kustom thread. The idea with the thread is to show new built kustomized cars in a certain style. But a lowered original car with other hubcaps is not a kustom car. Please read first post to see what the fuzz is all about, my friend. :)

You have some other cars that I think would fit better, right? :)

Take care!
    J.B.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2015
  23. J.B.

J.B.
    from Sweden

Looking forward to this build!

24. eric54chevy

eric54chevy
    from TEXAS!

Hmmm...I did and I went back and re-read your criteria. Apparently the Joe Brenner 1941 Mercury built by Valley Kustoms wasn't a Kustoms either. I guess the items like the 41 Long skirts, the speedboat stance, the Spotlight escaped your vision. In case you missed it the ribbed headlight rings perfectly matched the ribbed 16 inch Lyon hubcaps. The removed Mercury script from the hood and removed marker lights from the fenders I guess you missed that to. Now I'll give you one thing based on your description you are correct one is the shortened or removed hood/side trim is not done, but that was done to preserve the original lacquer paint. Now I did state this is my current build, as the second spotlight has not been mounted, nor has the recessed license plate been added.

But you are correct about one thing this isn't a new old style Kustoms, this is an old style Kustoms!

I will gladly remove any pictures I have posted of my lowered original car (your words) with hubcaps if this fully traditional car doesn't meet your criteria....

Take care

Eric

flatout51 likes this.
  25. 50Fraud

50Fraud

Eric, get a life!

chopper99 likes this.
  26. Man, everyone's getting chippy on the HAMB lately. Let's stop and have open minds instead of dogma.

Eric has a project. It's a work in progress. He (presumably) has plans for it. Let's watch the flower bloom instead of chopping down the plant.

vt-spike, eric54chevy and Olson like this.
  27. I deleted my offering as well, as I figured it probably did not belong on here

28. J.B.

J.B.
    from Sweden

Jeesus... why is everyone so sensitive? I am not chopping down Erics project. But it is just not a kustom car to me. Not yet. But it may very well be a great one when it has been worked on more. Then it fits here. And at that time it could be nice to see some "before" or build pictures. I am trying to keep this thread (in a very mild manner) on the track. I know it is a very small community that build these cars without the influences of newer styles and also with the period parts and accessories. This thread is for them and for the ones that loves this style even if they don't own one.

The traditional kustom scene on the HAMB is not very big, so it would be easy to let everyone in on the thread just to make it more public and more lively. But it is not one of those threads where "anything goes". I am sorry about that. It is not enough that the car is lower than original, have other hubcaps and a removed marker light. It needs a bit more to be a kustom car. Mild kustoms are welcome, of course. It is hard to explain. Even if you think, eat and breath these things, it is still hard to explain. Sorry! I really want to enourage people to build these cars, since they are so few out there. Hot rods on the other hand, are everywhere!

Chris, I know you understand this. The style of your car is very 1952-54-ish even if the model year is 1953 and just over the border. For me, I would have loved to see how the work evolved on that one. But maybe not here. The Sam Barris 1952 Ford is just great, but built in 1955 and used parts up til that. Material for a 1953 - ? kustom thread!

Sam-barris-1952-ford4.jpg
    Sam-barris-1952-ford87.jpg

29. eric54chevy

eric54chevy
    from TEXAS!

J.B. While I do not agree with you on where my build fits in, I have removed my post. You have a certain vision of what defines this thread, and I'll respectfully walk away instead of messing the waters with back and forth interpretation of this 41 Merc build. That's not what your thread is about....

If anyone is interested you can visit this build at the below links

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/tale-of-my-two-1941-mercs.966151/

http://www.customcarchronicle.com/forums/topic/1941-mercury-my-barris-style-journey-begins/

Have a blessed day

Eric

nitrobrother likes this.
  30. @J.B. no problem, after posting, no matter how mild or wild It is I decided it was not appropriate for this thread anyways beings its newer then your cut off. I went back and deleted my 41 stuff too, as it does not really fit either beings it's not a radical custom. I appreciate you keeping this thread on track

Silva likes this.