Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Jalopyrama 2015 Photos

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HelmuthBrothers, Oct 25, 2015.

1. Binger

Binger
    from wyoming

Thanks for sharing! I am loving all the survivor cars.

2. thePAkid1931

thePAkid1931
    from Eastern PA

Thanks for the nice comments. My grandfather built this car in Ambler PA in 1958. He sold the car in 1965 after three kids one of them being my dad and I bought it back in 2004 and restored it to what you saw this weekend. I only addressed what it needed to be safe. It was painted in 1994 the same Titan red lacquer. I rewired it and did some minor engine work. Most of the car is no newer than 1965 and how my grandfather showed it. It was shown in the north east in the early 1960's and drag raced the 1/8th mile at Hatfield speedway.

Attached Files:

3. HelmuthBrothers

HelmuthBrothers
    from New Jersey

That's unreal. You guys did a great job. I wouldn't change a thing on it. That car is the perfect example of what an east coast hot rod would've looked like in the late 50s early 60s. What are the chances you guys get an opportunity to buy it back. Insane.

4. That is a Great Story incredible history!! Jim

5. .
    Great pics!
    Man am I kicking myself for not making it to this show. Damn, family commitments... :mad:;)

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  6. traffic61

traffic61
    from Owasso, OK

Great shots! Thanks for posting!

7. thanks for sharing... wasn't able to attend this year, but from those who I know that did, said it was a fantastic day and your pics prove it.

Bowtie Coupe likes this.
  8. Bruce Lancaster

Bruce Lancaster
    Member Emeritus

That Model A isn't from Carlisle, is it??
    The show had about 3 or 4 times as much space as it had before in the national Guard armory, and Mike Szuba still managed to fillitup with a great mix of actual old rod, restored old rods, and good modern traditional builds.
    Roof signs classified the cars into "Roadsters," "Pick ups,", "Race Cars," and "parts cars"...I liked that.
    The outdoor show, which is not pre-selected, was also very nice and I think better than past years...most cars fit the theme of the show and there was little junk or ratty stuff.
    Flea market was down a bit on traditional stuff, but KB Cookout represented the HAMB well there. I hauled away some scrap iron for him just to save wear and tear on his truck.
    Onliest problems were gustatory in nature...only one food source with a line out of sight, and, to my horror, the Pie people from Baltimore weren't there! We consoled ourselves by visiting Pennsylvania's greatest pie maker on the way home.

9. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

thanks for replying, pretty much knew it had to be a survivor, they don't build them like that anymore. So glad there are still cars like this around. Very nice.

thePAkid1931 likes this.
  10. [QUOTE="Bruce Lancaster,
    Onliest problems were gustatory in nature...only one food source with a line out of sight, and, to my horror, the Pie people from Baltimore weren't there! We consoled ourselves by visiting Pennsylvania's greatest pie maker on the way home.[/QUOTE]........................ Like you, Bruce I was a tad disappointed with the long line for beef, but I was completely dismayed by the absence of Dangerously Delicious Pies.:(

11. hrm2k

hrm2k
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

there was one Pepsi machine :rolleyes:

12. We only sell traditional stuff... With the exception of my $2 per gauge box.

13. Koz

Koz

Great pics! Thanks so much for posting. Next year I'll be there no matter what.

Bowtie Coupe and lothiandon1940 like this.
  14. HelmuthBrothers

HelmuthBrothers
    from New Jersey

Haha I think you should just buy a small house out here on the coast so you can come here a lot easier. I feel like you're at the east coast shows all season long.

Bowtie Coupe and daddy_o's_diner like this.
  15. bostonhemi

bostonhemi
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

A lot of cars I enjoyed seeing ty.

16. ArtofHotRod

ArtofHotRod

17. Your car looks great Dave. Good talking to you, see you on the road somewhere! :)

D-Russ likes this.
  18. HelmuthBrothers

HelmuthBrothers
    from New Jersey

I'll second that. You did an awesome job with that car. Looks even better in person.

lothiandon1940, D-Russ and OL 55 like this.
  19. plywude

plywude
    Member Emeritus
    from manteca ca

A trip back in time, good photos, would like to have seen a picture of the 31 model A with the Chevy and his water pump and fan riser looked interesting..

20. ArtofHotRod

ArtofHotRod

21. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Son of a bitch that looked like a great show!!!!!

22. HelmuthBrothers

HelmuthBrothers
    from New Jersey

It really was. Let's just hope it happens again next year so we can bring out cars. Rumor says it was possibly the last?

Bowtie Coupe and lothiandon1940 like this.
  23. .................................That rumor gets floated every year. The Rusty Nuts Hot Rod Group works very hard to pull of this one day event off so who knows when they may say enough is enough.

Bowtie Coupe, sonoramic and wraymen like this.
  24. Great images and a great selection of cars. Who ever puts it together has a great mix of shiny, non-shiny, race and custom. Only thing that would have made it better for me was if I was able to go. Thanks for the photos and taking time to post.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  25. Major kudos to "The Rusty Nuts Hot Rod Group."

26. Here's a pic my pal Lee took on the trip home. Jackandeuces' 32, Tommy Edwards' 29 and Lee and me in Miss Vicky.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 3, 2016
  27. wicarnut

wicarnut

Thanks for taking the time to post Pics. Like that bare metal coupe and the Pontiac wagon rings my bell.

HelmuthBrothers likes this.
  28. HelmuthBrothers

HelmuthBrothers
    from New Jersey

No problem I enjoy it!

29. doug free

doug free

PLYWUDE that's my car ill be posting a thread soon with pics of the fan setup as built in 62.

30. D ROD

D ROD
    from New Jersey

cool show, thanks