Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Jalopyrama Reunion 2015

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by lothiandon1940, Oct 18, 2015.

1. alphabet soup

alphabet soup
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks for posting the pictures. Decided to go to Capitol, so I missed it. Was hearing rumors that, that might be the last one. What???

2. ...........................That rumor has been circulating for a number of years.:D Guess only time will tell.

3. 59ford.... thanks for the photos! My car is in photo#8159, 8160,8161 and the other shot we won't talk about....the one with coolant all over the firewall.
    The best two cars there were the maroon roadster with the Y block and the green RPU with the Y block. guess I like Y blocks.
    Anyway, thanks for the photos!

4. i.rant

i.rant
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. 1940 Ford

My thanks to Dino 64, 59 Ford,and oj for posting their coverage of the show.
    Outstanding group of cars in attendance, you guys nailed it. :)

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  5. oj

oj

Heres a few from inside, its hard to image the cars in there. It is overwhelming, I could have spent the day studying a dozen of this quality - over 150 is sensory overload and my brain went on tilt.

Attached Files:

6. oj

oj

I wondered if this is from the Ken Gross collection?

Attached Files:

7. hrm2k

hrm2k
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That certainly was an impressive collection of intakes

8. oj

oj

You don't recognize this old favorite of mine do you? DSC00927.JPG

9. '52 F-3

'52 F-3

I can't believe I missed this great show again, I was in garage all day (about 1 hour away) moving shit around cleaning up and oblivious to the date.

thanks to all for posting pictures....
    lets see some more :)

10. ............................Well geeez, we'll let you slide this time, but don't let it happen again.:D;)

11. Alex D.

Alex D.
    from Hydes, MD.

Thank you Mike Szuba and the Rusty Nuts group for hosting this event. The location was perfect and it gets better every year. I hope we can look forward to another Jalopyrama next year.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2015
    sonoramic, wraymen, oj and 1 other person like this.
  12. hrm2k

hrm2k
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Seems I remember something like that :)

13. 59fordyfairgalax500

59fordyfairgalax500
    from York, PA

Where in SE Wis? My sister lives near Kenosha.

14. 59fordyfairgalax500

59fordyfairgalax500
    from York, PA

I took the picture of the coolant on the firewall because that's life with an old car. When I see a 5 window with a nice paint job except for the spots paint has a brown hue from where exhaust dumps out. I dig it. Greasing shit every 1000 miles. Smears here and there. I get it. I have a tremendous appreciation for driver quality cars! An thus why I take pictures of coolant spray on a firewall. Cheers!

I am glad everyone enjoyed the pictures, I only had about 2 hours there. Half of which was spent talking to Gary with the little green thing.

The baby blue five window, the green 59 Chevy wagon and the black the 5 window behind it were my top three.

15. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

16. oj

oj

DSC00855.JPG

There's the proof! I left here about 6:30 wearing a unbuttoned Cabala's shirt over a tee shirt, no hat - I have witnesses - and you can see when I took the picture. It got a little chilly just before sunrise. Just a little.

17. Great show, lots of fantastic vehicles. When I did the Jalopy Showdown this year, I wrote about the failed fuel pump(s) and the tow to Tom's in Gettysburg. Waiting in line at the Jrama, my temp gauge started to rise and the slow ride in to park, it finally steamed and puked, found out the e-fan wasn't running (I know, I know). Well after wiggling wires around it came on and figured ok, don't tell the wife when I pick her up in Mt Airy. Left at noon, watched the temp and it seemed to fluctuate with speed, cooling as I went faster. Well, that afternoon when I got home, the fan was silent again. Direct jump and it ran, figured the temp probe was bad. So about an hour later, when I'm hooking up the volt meter, I saw this wire laying next to the fuel pump (for the 3rd time) and touched it to the pump-fan starts up! Some dumbass, when he replaced the fuel pump in May forgot to hook up the ground wire while I ,er he was bolting the pump back down. I have no idea how that flattie ran all summer without the fan?? So my accessories suck at J-shows, but the flattie is still all good!

18. Dino 64

Dino 64
    from Virginia

Was wondering the same thing. I got an opportunity to see his collection when he graciously invited me to his home for a "Model B" meeting he was hosting. I had made a pair of prescription sunglasses for him and we talked cars. The intakes covered the whole back wall of his three car garage. His car collection was just awesome too. Great guy, great experience for me. He called it his "aluminum annuity".

lothiandon1940 and hrm2k like this.
  19. Here's a pic my pal Lee took on the trip home, rain and all.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 29, 2015
    oj, kidcampbell71, OL 55 and 5 others like this.
  20. lothiandon1940 likes this.
  21. Xman

Xman

I love the on the road pictures, thanks.

22. orangeamcs

orangeamcs

23. ..................Enroute to Jalopyrama. Photo by Gene. Westminster bound (1).JPG

slowmotion, hrm2k, oj and 7 others like this.
  24. ....................................Obviously I'm not as tough as oj.:D

25. oj

oj

I saw your roadster there, sans top and you must've gotten there before me. The reason I didn't wear a coat & hat is I had to take them off. The coat was too stuffy and I was afraid of loosing my cap - not that I want to tarnish my tough guy image but I am very delicate and did put my cap on while at traffic lights. It made a world of difference.

26. Hey Guys and Gals-

[​IMG]

I'm sorry to bring a somber note to the wonderful comments we have seen about the Rusty Nut's Jalopyrama Reunion, but we are trying to recover our banner. Some may have thought that this would be the last Jalopyrama because of the change in format from the armories to the large indoor venue, but believe us, that was not the reason. We could not work out the rental of the armory, so Mike and others went looking for a different venue. We are already in the planning stages for next year, OK?

Unfortunately, the long banner we had strung on the second floor railing at the Boston Inn, in Westminster, disappeared sometime last Sunday morning. It was not meant to be someone's souvenir. It is part of our advertising for the show.

If you are reading this and are in possession of the banner, we sure would like to get it back. Please feel free to drop it off at the Ag Center or the Boston Inn. You can do this anonymously and no questions will be asked. Alternatively, you can also ship it to either place with no return address.

We sure would like to be able to fly the banner next year.

Thanks in advance for its return.

Jim Ireland, AKA Irish Jr.
    Rusty Nuts Hot Rod Group

Irish Jr.

27. i.rant

i.rant
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. 1940 Ford

Like your style Don. :cool::D

28. Dino 64

Dino 64
    from Virginia

I must be naive, but I can't believe someone would "liberate" that banner.

29. bump. Let's find this banner.