Register now to get rid of these ads!

has anyone bought tires from SPECIALTY TIRES OF AMERICA?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by old bone, Mar 26, 2010.

1. old bone

old bone
    from maine

i was doing a net search for an afforadable set if bias ply tires, i stumbled across SPECIALTY TIRES OF AMERICA..they do have some nice looking bias ply tires on their site under light truck section...i could not find a price or a contact phone number..guess you have to e mail them and they will get back to you..a bit odd i thought...they say their tires are made in the usa..i like that...anyway..has anyone bought tires from these guys?..how does their prices and quality compare to firestone or coker?....any other companys out there making bias ply tires on the cheap?
    <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

2. old bone

old bone
    from maine

3. BrandonB

BrandonB
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from nor cal

724-349-9010 It's located all the way down at the bottom of the page.

4. lostforawhile

lostforawhile

stay away from them!!! everything they have is now drop shipped from China, i'm forced to use their tires at work, because no one else makes a tire in the size we use for airplane tires, try bad cords, wobbles, cracks and everything else. they used to be decent, then they changed to all china manufacturing. they made my tires bigger because they machined out the molds to change the lettering, and they won't acknowledge they did. now they don't fit. customer service is horrible too, we lost a major account due to one size of their tires being complete crap. :mad: oh i'm talking about bias ply tires too just smaller ones

5. fuel

fuel

Get an alliance membership and buy from Coker. I don't know for sure, but I hear the discount more than makes up for your membership.

If not, you might try Wallace Wade in Dallas. Look them up.

6. Gas Huffer

Gas Huffer

X2 ON COKER!!! Anyone who has bought from Corkey can vouch that they wouldn't buy from anyone else (period).

normadesmond likes this.
  7. alchemy

alchemy

I DO know for sure. I spent $50 on the Alliance membership, then turned around and saved about $200 on an order from Coker.

8. realkustom51

realkustom51

The Alliance Membership instantly pays for itself from Coker with about any 4 tire purchase.

9. BigTireGuy

BigTireGuy
    from Indiana Pa

I actually work there... and a little known fact is that all coker and firestone bias ply tires are made at the specialty tires plant. They subcontract because the process used to make bias ply tires is a very old setup and specialty was opened in 1915 and is the oldest continuously operated tire manufacturing plant in North America so we have the machinery. We are one of only a few company's left in the world that still make bias ply tires. So yes the quality of our tires is good as we make most other companies bias tires.

10. AD_NAPCO

AD_NAPCO

I have a set of STA Super Traxion Bias ply 7.50 x 16's on my 56 GMC NAPCO 4x4, and they are great tires. They are made in USA.

11. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

I find that very interesting. not surprising, but interesting. I suspect some of those that posted earlier in this thread may also find it interesting.

12. I bought white-wall Coker Bias-ply tires from Universal and haven't had any comlaints. I decided to go with them because they had the cheapest shipping I could find- at least for the tire size/type I needed ("15, L-78). But if the Alliance discount is strictly from the Coker website I guess I'd go with them. Compare shipping rates though!

13. Carrl

Carrl

Yep, I too bought a Specialty Tire of America tailwheel Tire for my Stinson. They still claim their tires are exclusively made in USA. But just like the lies our politicians tell, "What Difference Does it Make?"

14. A Boner

A Boner

Back to the top.....anyone try any of their tires?

15. Check Summits prices on Coker tires. Free shipping too.

16. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

they (McCreary) make the American Classic bias look radial that is sold by Coker. www.stausaonline.com

17. A Boner

A Boner

With Coker Tires, I'm waiting for a bunch of positive user feedback before I spend the kind of money they get for their tires.......especially with what I hear is a 10,000 mile lifespan. In the mean time, that is why I posted post #15 on this thread.

18. I've used their regular whitewall radials "American Classic" I believe is the name. They wear well and the first set was on my 51 Fleetline when I bought it 5 years ago. They were already almost ten years old when I bought it, So this year I bit the bullet and bought a new set. So far so good. Although I personally didn't have ten thousand miles on the first set and have only a couple hundred on this set. I also got new bias plys for my avitar (see left) but that's not on the road yet.