Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Are you a member of car club and what year was it established?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, Oct 14, 2015.

1. Stags Car Club, organized in 1957. I've been a member since 1958. We've been featured in both Hot Rod & Street Rodder magazines.
    We have had our own race car (40 Ford coupe) since 1962. It started out as a B/Gas & finally ran as a BB/gas coupe.
    Now we run it at a few nostalgia events.
    We also have a display at the NHRA Museum in Pomona and were the Spotlight Club at the 2012 CHRR.
    Here's some pics of our 40 as it is now & our NHRA museum display.

Mick
    DSCF0099.jpg DSCF0006.JPG

2. Dick Lobach

Dick Lobach
    from Emmaus Pa

I belong to the Leigh Valley Timing Assoc., a hot rod club from the early 50's, from the Allentown PA. area. We had one of the first NHRA drag strips Convair Field, in eastern PA in 55-56. About a doz. of us still get together once a month for breakfest

HOTRODPRIMER and volvobrynk like this.
  3. Our car tag:

[​IMG]

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  4. Bullet Nose

Bullet Nose

Steve did a lot of work for my friends in Torrance and the last time I saw him was when he striped my wife's new 99 Mustang. He was a good bowler and I often saw him at Bowl-O-Drome in Torrance. Wonder if he is still around.

5. buikwag

buikwag
    1. Buick Nailheads

I have been a member of the Over the Hill Gang San Bernardino since the month it was started in July of 1973. We have 37 Chapters worldwide including Canada, New Zealand, Germany and Australia.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 19, 2015
    HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  6. LOU WELLS

LOU WELLS
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from IDAHO

I AM A MEMBER OF COUPES INC. WHICH WAS FOUNDED IN 1957 (POCATELLO IDAHO) AND DIED OUT I PVTA ETC 2015 006.JPG N THE EARLY 60s. THE ORIGINAL MEMBERS GAVE US PERMISSION TO RESTART THE CLUB IN THE 80s.

volvobrynk and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  7. Bullet Nose

Bullet Nose

Then this must be the original plaque they had .....

[​IMG]

8. Hellions CC Est. 2008

It's badass a lot of these clubs were established in the 50's and 60's and are still active! I bet there are some awesome stories to be told.

[​IMG]

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  9. I really enjoy seeing all the cool club plaques. HRP

volvobrynk likes this.
  10. Bullet Nose

Bullet Nose

Then you might enjoy looking at the 8,000 plus photos on my site .....

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  11. Embers So. Cal.
    Founded by the late custom painter Joe Andersen in 1959

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  12. Last I heard he was alive and well in Hawthorne, Ca. Lives down the street from Alteredpilot (above post)

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  13. Steve lives a couple of blocks from my shop. i see him a couple of times as week walking to the grocery store.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  14. lowrd

lowrd

Might as well add mine. Pushrods of Hoquiam, Wa. Since 1953 with two of the founding members still active. Also a Washington Hot Rod Hall of Fame club since 2010. No plaque picture since I've a problem with downloading.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  15. Bullet Nose

Bullet Nose

Here you go .....

[​IMG]

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  16. oldsjoe

oldsjoe

Started a club with a few fella's in 1995 called the Recyclers in Cincinnati Ohio was up to 75 members at one time now we might have 10 that will admit to being members! Absolutely no BS or games now, it's all fun when we see each other! Oh does Goodguy's count? Joe

Last edited: Oct 20, 2015
    HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  17. oldcars.acadia

oldcars.acadia

Founding member of Down East Street Rods of Maine. Started early 70's and still a very active club. Bob

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  18. Clik

Clik

MOUNTAIN TOP CRUISERS, Western Maryland (Presently serving as Club's Newsletter Editor).

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  19. Thumper

Thumper

Trophy Whores...aka TW's car club.....est. 2009. Charter member and Vice Pres.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  20. Dick Lobach

Dick Lobach
    from Emmaus Pa

I am a member of the OTHG PA

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  21. Bullet Nose

Bullet Nose

There is a chapter here in Lake Havasu City and they have had two different plaques. The first one was with "The" and the second one without it .....

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I've also seen other OTHG plaques that don't use their basic logo and wonder if they are one of the chapters you mentioned. Here are some examples of those other clubs .....

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Would these be in those 37 chapters you mentioned?

HOTRODPRIMER and LOU WELLS like this.
  22. rsluggoboy

rsluggoboy
    from SALINAS CA

Gold Coast Rods, Started in Late 70,s, We joined in 1987

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  23. Golden Gears of Alamogordo, NM...started in 1963, still have one charter member!

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  24. mikhett

mikhett
    from jackson nj

Duke Street Kings,Asbury Park,N.J 1969! ........."WE SAT PARKED WITH THE LAST OF THE DUKE STREET KINGS"!
    "If your not the lead dog the scenery never changes!"

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  25. Gary Addcox

Gary Addcox
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I belong to the SPOKESMEN of San Antonio. It was established in '64 by Jay Lieck, who had been a Gear Grinder until that club dismissed him for missing meetings because he was attending classes at the University of Texas in Austin and couldn't drive the 75 miles every Wednesday. Some of the members were upset that Jay was displaying his plaque. Being a true car builder from way back, he organized the SPOKESMEN. I drive my Deuce roadster across country, but most of the other cars are regularly shown at car shows so don't get driven much. The Gear Grinders club was established in '51. The younger members drive their rides often, and the rest of the time the club hosts various runs in and around San Antonio. Back in the day, the members were heavy into racing. One of its members, Eddie Baumann, is a racer from his toenails to his blonde hair, having campaigned everything from a '53 Olds to motorcycles, to top fuel dragsters. Today, he drives a steel '29 on Deuce rails, Buick nailhead with Webers, built by him. One beautiful ride that has been featured in Rodders' Journal.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2015
    Joe Rosales and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  26. Ruiner

Ruiner

11652077_1022534394425890_331849917_n.jpg Founding member of the Detonators MN...est. 2004...GFY...

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  27. Merlin

Merlin
    from Inman, SC

I like the club idea but haven't found one here. When I lived in FL I was briefly a member of a club called the downshifters but way too much drama for me.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  28. Bullet Nose

Bullet Nose

My club, started when I realized I was a Geezer .....

[​IMG]

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  29. dechrome

dechrome

From my avatar, I am a Stroker member. The club started in St Louis in 1954 with cars that would stand proud on the HAMB. Of those that are still alive, several are still active rodders with 426 powered early Dodge pickups, Wayne head chevy powered 23 highboy, track roadster, etc.
    deChrome

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  30. The Geargoyles are in Spartanburg.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.