Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage NEW PHOTOS! (added 10/17) 2015 Newport Hill Climb!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ClayMart, Oct 6, 2015.

1. Yep... It's that time again!

The time when I remind you that if you missed this year's Newport Hill Climb, you need to start making plans NOW to attend next year's event. Lots of great cars and trucks, motorcycles, speedsters, flea market and food vendors and wall-to-wall spectators. Hard to beat for just $10 a carload!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Dave Mc and Texas Webb like this.
  2. Nice! I'd really like to build a Speedster. This is the style I'd build.
    IMG_4807sm.jpg

3. Post your own pics here if you've got some. I know I didn't get shots of everything... :rolleyes:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Texas Webb likes this.

4. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

5. rust&patina

rust&patina

Thanks for your time & the pics . . .

6. ..got a buddy who's been tellin me for years to get to that show , still haven't
    made it there;...all I hear is great things about this event, it's on my list.
    thanks for the pics, what a great variety of cars.
    ...got any more pics of the 50's chevy wagon?

7. Not from the Hill Climb, but here's a shot from last year's Road Rockets Rumble... ;) I thought it looked familiar. :rolleyes:

[​IMG]

8. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

looks like fun, thanks for posting.

9. Thanx for the great pics.

10. You're welcome! :) Here's a few more if you're still following along. May try to get a few more shots prepped and uploaded if I get a little free time. :rolleyes:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. Johnnee D.

Johnnee D.

those are great pictures, thanks for posting, looks like a great show...

12. ...thanks fer that wagon pic, cool car.

13. Fresh pics, if you're still following along. Forgot I had them sitting on my desktop waiting to upload. :oops:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. clem

clem

Thanks for posting. Some neat photos, and neat "people with their car" shots as well.

15. Thanks! ;) You don't know how much I appreciate that comment. I've been shooting for a lot of years and have always found it difficult trying to get a stranger involved in modeling a bit for a shot. I think some folks honestly consider it to be an imposition. But it seems that "car people" can be a little more open to the idea so I try to push myself a bit more to get them involved in a shot now and then. And it's usually worth the extra effort. :cool:

16. And that's it for this year's photos. That's all the 2015 Newport shots I've got and I'm already looking forward to 2016! :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

Thanks for adding more pics

robracer1 likes this.
  18. clem

clem

. I used to try and get shots with the owners included, but most owners try to get out of the picture. Sometimes I have asked them to move back into the frame.....it is not always easy to persuade them to do so.

19. Flinttim

Flinttim
    from Indiana

What fun. Most of the Crosleys in the pictures are from our Crosley Kyana Region club. The little Crosley race car is an actual old stadium racer from way back when and belongs to Barry Smedley. I have a function I have to attend every year the same weekend. I've already told them that next year I won't be there, Im taking my new Crosley to Newport !!

20. Thank you for posting the outstanding photo's,this looks like so much fun and something we do not see where I live. HRP

21. Flinttim

Flinttim
    from Indiana

Clay, not sure how or if I could contact you offlist, but would it be possible to use some of the pics of the Crosleys on this thread in our Crosley Auto Club Quarterly in an article about the Hill Climb ? Credit where credit is due of course. I'm asking for the Quarterly editor.

22. Tantank49

Tantank49
    from 61401

Nice pictures ClayMart. Looks like we were within feet of each other at the hill. My rusty old Packard was in that last group of pics. Here is another in the staging lanes.

[​IMG]

You don't need a show car to have a blast in Newport. And all of these people will tell you that.

[​IMG]

Check out the A's R Us Truck.

[​IMG]

And did someone mention Crosleys?

[​IMG]

I have in excess of 100 pictures of the weekend.

23. moefuzz

moefuzz

Nice turn out of off brand stuff.

And losta people proud to drive her hard too...

Sounds like a blast!

Thanks for posting.