Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Dallas/Fort Worth- Hot Rod Hundred Oct. 31

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dan Hay, Aug 4, 2015.

1. This will be our second Hot Rod Hundred reliability run in the DFW area. Last year we began in Denton and went north 100 miles to Lake Murray outside of Ardmore, Oklahoma. We had a great time, and we had about 80 cars at the endpoint when we were all done.

This year we are doing a loop from Granbury, Texas. We will be hitting the back roads and enjoying the quaint little towns of Glen Rose, Hico, Dublin and others. The route will be approximately 100 miles, with 4-5 stops for sights or restroom breaks. At the end you will be fed lunch.

The registration fee is $25. Included in that fee is a free T-Shirt and a free lunch. All proceeds from a 50/50 pot will be donated to a fella named Aaron Weaver. He was T-boned by an F-350 while driving his Model A sedan. He has a mountain of medical bills and we want to help him out. Here are some links to get you started:

Website for more information: NORTH TEXAS HOT ROD HUNDRED
    Direct Link to the online registration form: REGISTRATION

Hope to see ya October 31!!
    HRH ART 2015.png

Last edited: Aug 4, 2015
    guthriesmith likes this.
  2. TexasDart

TexasDart

cool...or should I say Ghoul...a Halloween Run. Are you starting from the Dinosaur park? Sounds like a nice ride. Hope to make it.

3. I haven't figured out the starting point yet, but I'm getting the end point nailed down.

4. TexasDart

TexasDart

just work backwards...:) What time does this run normally start?

Dan Hay likes this.

5. Probably roll out around 9am. Meet up at the TBD point at 8:30. Drivers meeting, registration, maps distributed, hit the road.

6. Looking forward to it!

Dan Hay likes this.
  7. Roothawg

Roothawg

Trashing like a mad man to get the 35 done.

Dan Hay likes this.
  8. Trashing???

Dan Hay likes this.
  9. Roothawg

Roothawg

Oops...thrashing. You know with my skills, there prolly isn't much difference.

guthriesmith and Dan Hay like this.
  10. texkbc

texkbc

right in my backyard.!!...hope I can be ready for this one

guthriesmith, Dan Hay and Roothawg like this.
  11. If the 34 is not ready let me know. I can probably find a seat for you to ride shotgun with somebody.

texkbc likes this.
  12. sounds like fun !

13. Bump for the Sunday crowd!

14. do we have a route and time plan - need to be back in Big D in the afternoon.....

15. @stillrunners I am still finalizing the route but it will begin and end in Granbury. We will be done between noon-1.

16. okay....time to grease up them wheel bearings....registration on the way....

lawrence

17. Just finished the Oklahoma 100, ready for Texas!

Dan Hay, bchrismer and guthriesmith like this.
  18. Me too! But, planning on St. Louis first! ;)

Dan Hay and bchrismer like this.
  19. sorry to miss the OK run...still made it to OKC in the OT Sunday....sent monies in via PayPal for the fun in Texas....on my birthday.....

20. Don't forget, pre-registration is still open for the Dallas area Hot Rod Hundred. Pre-registration will run through October 10. By pre-registering, you will receive the 2015 event T-shirt, event sticker, and make sure that we have food for you at the end of the route. The last view I saw of the route map shows about 125 miles and about a 3 hour travel time.

For more info, please check out: http://hotrodhundred.com/regional-events/north-texas-october-31-2015/

If you are convinced that you want to participate, you can use the online registration form found here:
    https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1y55_bXQc8pdUWsvr3UsmjqglApwqf21-MtZdDiIx2iE/viewform

Dan Hay likes this.
  21. Dan has extended the pre-registration date until TODAY. If you want to get a T-shirt and a window sticker, be sure to fill out the form and send in your payment before the end of the day today.

Thanks!

22. Lone Star Mopar

Lone Star Mopar

Man I sure wish it didn't fall on Halloween this year. I'll be busy with the kids and family doing what we do. Yall be safe out there, sure sounds like a good time.

23. @Lone Star Mopar we are meeting early in the morning and will be done by 1-2pm. Plenty of time for trick or treat.

Lone Star Mopar likes this.
  24. Can't wait, registration is done, money sent. The kids are excited. They really like it last year. Quick question, being Halloween, is anyone wearing their costume? Or will it be just us? Uh I mean the kids...

Dan Hay likes this.
  25. AWESOME!

26. Or maybe take a bucket of candy to throw at folks you pass in the small towns, however, that risks the headline, "Hot Rodders Arrested for Pelting Pedestrians with Confectionery Treats" in the local newspapers.

guthriesmith likes this.
  27. @hotskins I think it's awesome if you guys where costumes! That's hilarious. I always have a Mexican lucha libre mask behind the seat of my car for just such occasions.

28. brokenspoke

brokenspoke

This sounds like a great event....wish I was not committed to Conroe Swap meet

Dan Hay likes this.
  29. gonmad

gonmad

I haven't totally written it off Dan, might still be able to squeeze it in.

Dan Hay, guthriesmith and bchrismer like this.