Register now to get rid of these ads!

Let's see your factory paint colors!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by LiveActionMotorsports, Sep 27, 2015.

1. Yo fellas. I'm searching high and low for a color for my Buick build

1952 Buick "Pearl" a factory custom. My first chop http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/...earl"-a-factory-custom.-My-first-chop.967980/

I really am diggin the 1957 Pontiac limefire Green however I am trying to find a factory Buick color close to that. So I searched and have not found a thread on cool factory paint colors, so let's see some cool colors weither they are on your car, fridge, friends car etc! Please post a pic and which paint color and year if possible!

2. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

Not Buick specific but GM. Before and hopefully after, OEM 2 tone 1946 Oldsmobile scheme. I wish my car was closer to being painted.
    568590_271000687_Original.jpg Olds sedanette.jpg
    Edit: Pawnee beige metallic (Top) over new ivory (Lower)

Last edited: May 10, 2016

3. Awesome thanks for sharing!

4. hallrods

hallrods

image.jpg 1956 dodge royal blue metallic

5. hallrods likes this.
  6. 55 caddy arlington green

7. sorry, won't let me upload photo.

8. Really anxious to see this I love me some cadillac's!

9. I really like that colour tb33anda3rd. The way it looks in the second picture is very similar to the colour I have in mind for my chev.

10. OLDSMAN

OLDSMAN
    BANNED

My avatar picture of my Olds. It is a green from mid 90's Lincolns

11. OLDSMAN

OLDSMAN
    BANNED

Oh yah, the color is called deep jewel green

LiveActionMotorsports likes this.
  12. Gorgeous car! Whoch manufacture had the Washington blue?

13. Haven't squirted it on anything yet but I have half a gallon of this ( original factory lacquer) that is going on something eventually.

[​IMG]
    But if it makes anyone happy aside from the letters this heap is still wearing some of the factory paint. driver side.jpg

Oh it was black just like henry liked 'em to be. "Any color you like as long as its black,"

14. Thank you, it's a Ford color from 1930-1936.

15. Gotgas

Gotgas
    from DFW USA

I always thought the GM Firemist series of colors were spectacular, especially for the era (mid '60s-70s).

Here is Persian Lime Green Firemist on a '74 El Dorado.
    [​IMG]

Ember Firemist on a '67
    [​IMG]

Spartacus Blue Firemist on a '69
    [​IMG]

slowmotion, 62hotcat, indyjps and 3 others like this.
  16. beaner that gold is one of those colors that look awesome when it is new and shiny, but absolutely bad when old and dull.

always liked the firemist colors!

17. Yep ugly as butt. I bought a '66 Grand prix in about '75 and it took me a week to rub the paint out and bring it back. If you take care of one it will stay pretty nice but if you let it go it will go straight down the tubes.

18. that gm light metallic green [think my cousin vinny] was one of those colors also. we repainted a lot of green camaros and chevelles a different color because the worn green was awful.