Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Rockne Rod Done

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by saltflatwilly, Oct 6, 2015.

1. I think the photos are distorted, in the head-on view the front and rear tires line up perfectly the same camber, strate up and down,look at the pic....in the top 2 pics everything looks correct.

2. saltflatwilly

saltflatwilly
    from MASS

I am looking for better pics stay tuned DSCN2809.JPG

volvobrynk likes this.
  3. saltflatwilly

saltflatwilly
    from MASS

The body is mounted to the factory holes in the frame, the leaf springs are also factory (never removed the perches)

volvobrynk likes this.
  4. woodbutcher

woodbutcher

:D Now that`s sweet.
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo

5. saltflatwilly

saltflatwilly
    from MASS

6. saltflatwilly

saltflatwilly
    from MASS

7. Fedman

Fedman

Nice Car!
    Maybe they should show us the side view of their Rockne?
    Thanks for sharing your Pics, again, nice Hot Rod!

bct likes this.
  8. very nice coupe, I like your spreader and rear nerf bars.

9. 32STUPRES

32STUPRES

Both cars are super especially the roadster...I've been hot rodding in my 32 Stude President since 1977...now has 91000 hot rod miles...the general public loves Studes and Rocknes!!....Joe JOE\'S 1932 STUDEBAKER PRESIDENT \'08.jpg

10. Mopar Jack

Mopar Jack

Looks great Ron...

11. 32 Stude 0001.jpg
    Fair enough. I've often said the same thing to Piss Whistlers.
    I'm not one to say anything negative about any ones project but I was suspect of that tire/body fit also. I checked out the post first day it was up. What I can say is that just because you didn't move the stock spring mounts don't mean the rear axle is going to be mounted so that the Tire is in the correct place in the radius of the fender opening. G.M. screwed that up for years and so did Ford. I doubt Studebaker was exempt from same issue. Good chassis guys tend to correct those things.
    Just because one guy might have done things different don't necessarily make it Wrong,,,,, or Right.
    The Wizzard

verde742 likes this.
  12. Mopar Jack

Mopar Jack

Heres mine...Rocknes rule!!!...Saltflatwilly just helped me get a rumble lid for my car...thanks again Ron.

Attached Files:

13. Hmmmm,,, wonder if he knows where I might get a good windshield frame for mine?
    The Wizzard

14. Looks nice. I have never seen a Rockne around here before. Classy looking car. Maybe the wheelbase illusion is because it doesn't have fenders. The rear wheels may be right in the center if the fenders were on it. But the front does look bow legged though.

15. Mopar Jack

Mopar Jack

He might,I seen one at the Studebaker show in St.Louis,$500.00 bucks and it needed work,it was gone the first day!

16. Don't see many Rocknes. Beautiful styling and very tastefully done, nice workmanship.

17. verde742

verde742

SOMETHING WRONG HERE...When looking at leaf spring, distance from center bolt to front perch is shorter than center bolt to rear hanger: wonder if springs got re-installed backwards?[​IMG]

18. 1933 Dodge

1933 Dodge

19. That would mean lengthening of the drive shaft....

20. I know where there is one in a guy's shop, don't think he even knows what it is, believe it's for sale. Your coupe is just great, can't say anymore.

21. They sure have cool headlights!

Steve