Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Anybody know who makes these crossmembers?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bigstar, Oct 10, 2015.

1. Bigstar

Bigstar
    from Austin

I am curious if anybody knows who makes these crossmembers?

Attached Files:

2. That looks like one off hand built for that specific chassis. Find a Rod Shop with a tubing bender.
    The Wizzard

3. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

Like he said. Huth tube bender: try your local muffler shop. They have heavy tubing in stock, will bend to your specs. But take a clothes hanger bent to the center of shape of the proposed 'cross member'.

Most muffler shops stock thicker wall tube than "Muffler Moly"...and can/will bend 'to suit'.

4. Bigstar

Bigstar
    from Austin

I was thinking this was some sort of manufactured kit. Hmmm. I really didn't want to have to get creative ha

5. rusty rocket

rusty rocket

Well thats no fun!!!!!! Years ago the rod shop I used to go to had a company that made stock panels bend up a bunch of X members. Then a guy had to cut and fit to there need.

6. Not quiet the style you ask about but Progressive Automotive out of Ohio uses a tubular cross member in their chassis. HRP

Here

7. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Google Tubular X member. You get some wired crap like tennis shoes with an X something but you get the link for the Google photos of Tubular X members plus several links.

8. 2racer

2racer