Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage I really wish I was going...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jive-Bomber, Sep 29, 2015.

1. Jive-Bomber

Jive-Bomber

Jive-Bomber submitted a new blog post:

I really wish I was going...

[​IMG]

Continue reading the Original Blog Post

2. Like you,I wont make TROG this year but it is definitely on my bucket list. HRP

3. Bruce Lancaster

Bruce Lancaster
    Member Emeritus

Dude! Call in dead, get a divorce, hop a freight, whatever.
    I'll give you a couch to sleep on for the event, and a good hot breakfast on Sunday to start you off on your new career as a homeless beach bum!
    Bruce

Drewfus, Jive-Bomber, -Brent- and 2 others like this.
  4. I went last year and was blown away by the event.
    Headed out Thursday for this year's race even though the forecast is less than stellar.
    I too wonder how long this very special event can continue before it "jumps the shark" or loses it's luster. For now, I just plan on enjoying the hell out of it as long as possible.
    Hope to see you on the sand some day!

Last edited: Sep 29, 2015
    lothiandon1940 likes this.

5. ..................Though I haven't made it yet, I also have the same concerns.

6. It's on my "list"...maybe next year.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  7. prpmmp

prpmmp

I have Faith in my fellow man!! Someone will F@#K it up:eek:!! Pete

8. Bruce Lancaster

Bruce Lancaster
    Member Emeritus

Anybody looked at the weather report? I just checked to see if I needed a jacket...looks like an inner tube might be more appropriate wear.
    I hope someone has a source for better weather than the site I used.

9. HelmuthBrothers

HelmuthBrothers
    from New Jersey

So far I've gone every year. The first year in Asbury Park, which was mind-blowing, especially seeing how narrow the 1/8 mile was on the much smaller Asbury Beach. This was the year right before Sandy hit and destroyed the area. The following 2 years in Wildwood have been nothing less than spectacular. Living only 45 minutes from the Wildwood beach made this event a no-brainer to attend regardless how special it was. I was finally able to get my whole family to attend this year, but now i'm just watching the weather change hour by hour and it isn't looking good. I still plan on going no matter what the stinkin weather report says.

10. Yeah this will my 3rd trip to TROG in Wildwood. Always a good time, neat town, great event. However, I am worried that mother nature is going to try to screw this one up! I'll be there regardless.

11. Legendary Lars

Legendary Lars

Put on your big girl Panties, rain aint no thang. I will be thrashing on the beach this weekend in The Donato/Barris Track nose Roadster.

daddy_o's_diner and Drewfus like this.
  12. Brian C

Brian C

Weather could be taking a turn for the better. Either way take a chance.

Mom did and look what happened...... :)

13. PhredH

PhredH

Leaving Thurs from Chicagoland, see y'all there.
    Phred, '28 Phaeton, #38

14. wheeldog57

wheeldog57

Leaving Thurs am from Boston. No way I was going to miss this event after my pals saying how cool it is. This deal could implode at any moment so you have to go. See you there

15. Ebert

Ebert

Phred,
    Eric from St. Charles here. Good luck man! Thank for coming down to see our car for (hopefully) 2016. Saw your cool tub down at Riggs Bros....bitchin!!! Wish you the best! E

16. TBone69

TBone69
    from NJ

I'll be there Saturday and if the weather cooperates will be there Sunday as well with the family.

17. Deadbird

Deadbird

Definitely on my bucket list. I just need to convince my local hoard of dirty old bikers to make the trip with their vintage iron. There's a bunch of old Indians and Harleys in the mix.

18. TBone69

TBone69
    from NJ

Just got word via instagram due to the possible hurricane it has been pushed to the following weekend, 10th and 11th

19. Automotive Stud

Automotive Stud

Postponed until next weekend, same weekend as Hershey.

Attached Files:

20. Elrod

Elrod

TROG Delay.jpg

Very bummed to have to post this.

21. The Hotels are being super cool about it though. just got my reservation moved to next week end no problem. I was bummed that I wouldn't be able to go because of the Hurricane, now no problem.

22. tinsled

tinsled

I cannot believe this is happening!
    I have the flight in tomorrow 1st Oct and back 8th Oct, the tickets are non-refundable!!!
    If I had luck, it was bad luck...

23. rhcount

rhcount
    from Michigan

Wow, my hotel actually called me and offered to change to next week. Fingers crossed for good beach conditions.

24. RipBowl

RipBowl
    from Sydney

The date change gives me a few more chances at trying to win the lottery so i can attend, number one on my bucket list.