Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features 1950's period correct hot rods.

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by oldebob, Dec 27, 2009.

1. F&J

F&J

disc brakes hiding behind Kmart frying pans? Late SBC with nothing old on it to "fake us out"...M/Flake wheel, ... the T just posted belongs on the Y2K period correct thread...

and the shoebox Ford he also posted doesn't belong here either..

X38, Dave50, brad2v and 1 other person like this.
  2. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

and one of my real "pet peeves" on anything that's supposed to be a "period" car, molded rad hoses...

Runnin shine and brad2v like this.
  3. A "period". Getting that shit right makes some of you fellers act like you're on your own "period"... Ha ha ha

4. I thought the same.

5. brad2v

brad2v

It does, and I think that's great. Shared knowledge amongst those that 'know' is how we all learn. I really like that T bucket a page back or so, but it sure ain't a "50's period correct" car. I'm not gonna roll my '63 Dart into a Falcon only show and tell 'em it's mostly the same, so let me in. I'm not trying to bust yer balls on this, I realize perfectly well you're just having a lil fun.

6. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

You definitely wouldn't wanna visit my place Phil, you'd be PMS'ing all over the place! Got my "period correct" cam and head gaskets, still on the hunt for fuel line clamps...;):p

Speedy Canuck, tb33anda3rd and brad2v like this.
  7. Six Ball

Six Ball
    from Nevada

At least "period correct" is easy to assess. "Traditional" is a can of worms that makes everyone seem to have periods at the same time.:D

8. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

I gotta come clean on the period-correct head gaskets...I'm winding you guys up a bit.;):p They actually ARE period-correct, but that wasn't a factor in choosing them, I wanted steel shim head gaskets so I wouldn't have to cut the decks as much, and it just happened the only ones I could find were NOS J-2.:rolleyes: I would have taken any steel shim head gaskets I found.

I wont even use the word "traditional" any more, it seems to just be translation for "I'm gonna run whatever crap I find at the local yard sales, and call it traditional, and if you call me on it, your a mean ol' hater"...:p:rolleyes:

9. Austinrod

Austinrod
    from Austin

Here's one
    ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1443126194.038411.jpg
    ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1443126226.639927.jpg

EVL401 likes this.
  10. Old-Soul

Old-Soul

I guess that's one way to clear the steering...

11. A Boner

A Boner

But it's period correct......built to era correct build standards. If you don't use a cutting torch and arc welder......you are cheating.

12. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

bullshit.
    IMG_20150730_0001.jpg IMG_20150730_0002.jpg IMG_20150730_0003.jpg IMG_20150924_0002.jpg

EVL401, gwhite, brad2v and 2 others like this.
  13. hmmm? looks like a match to me. img-128074635-0001 copy.jpg

brad2v and Bowtie Coupe like this.
  14. Even in black & white that interior does not look Black and White:confused:

15. F&J

F&J

I'm not all that smart at guessing if someone is calling me out on the whole traditional thing. Listen up fellow hambers; this website is/was supposed to be about spreading tradition......and on a specific thread that is fucking titled as "period CORRECT", a person could get bashed for pointing out a car that does not belong on this thead????

You keep bringing dogs to the cat show, with the same lame ass excuses, but eventually, all the cat people leave the show. That's why so many people gave up on the site...and more leave each year.

16. daddio211

daddio211

Well said.

17. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

I totally 100% agree with both of you. However, in this case, I also think I know Chili Phil enough to think he's being a little "tongue in cheek" and that's why I responded in a like manner.
    I don't think Phil is calling anyone out, more giving us a little "nudge, nudge, wink, wink". Nonetheless, What Frank says is DEAD on the money.

18. rtsidejohnny

rtsidejohnny

I agree with what you say, these period threads remind us there are differences in the period details. Not everyone gets that.

Great looking roadster by the way! What tire /rim combo is that??

And it's great to see your daughter working on the truck...wish my son would help like that!!

Last edited: Sep 25, 2015
    brad2v likes this.
  19. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Just as varied as they are now?? A sea of black highboys is "variation"? In my opinion, there was FAR more variation in the fifties than there is in the current "traditional" hot rod scene. Colours were FAR more varied than "black and maroon", channeled cars were FAR more prevalent, a wide variety of wheelcovers were popular, there were far more full-fendered and cycle fendered cars, and there was a LOT more individuality in general.
    The observation about more equal front/rear tire sizes in the fifties is an accurate observation.

20. Old-Soul

Old-Soul

Preach that gospel, can I get an AMEN

brad2v, tb33anda3rd and falcongeorge like this.
  21. Old-Soul

Old-Soul

In fact, that shit is signature worthy.

22. 50Fraud

50Fraud

I don't always agree with Falcongeorge, but when I do, I prefer variety.

tb33anda3rd, brad2v and falcongeorge like this.
  23. Flat-Foot

Flat-Foot
    from Locust NC

Please don't ruin this great thread with bickering... The people that don't "get it" will disappear like they always do.

Back to hot rods!

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1443207751.887343.jpg

24. Dave50

Dave50

Agree most guys don't know what a Hot Rod is ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1443207916.524768.jpg

EVL401, bonesy and falcongeorge like this.
  25. Flat-Foot

Flat-Foot
    from Locust NC

️ That's a hot rod!!

Dave50 likes this.
  26. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

you a funny guy!!:D:D

27. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

I don't think anybody is really bickering...well, not yet at least...:eek::D

Flat-Foot and brad2v like this.
  28. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Well, I guess it just depends on what you aspire to. Your comment was intended to imply that if you wanted to build a "period" car, it had to be built to lowbrow standards to be "period correct". That's bullshit, and those photos prove it, beyond any shadow of a doubt.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2015
    brad2v likes this.
  29. A Boner

A Boner

It's a easy way to tell if it's a new build, or an old hot rod. Did you ever read about the restoration of the Dick Flint A roadster......a high quality build in it's day. The frame was actually unsafe. Over restoration and street rod quality period hot rod builds are the norm. It's ok with me , but I'm not anal, or "on my period", like the 1%ers on here.

Jet96 likes this.