Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects A 1933 Ford 5w coupe from a 4 door sedan...

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Fordgasser1, Jun 4, 2011.

1. Fordgasser1

Fordgasser1
    from Jersey

Thanks for the compliments Mike!. I have looked at the caravan seat,thanks for the idea..

2. Fordgasser1

Fordgasser1
    from Jersey

33fcoupe 015.JPG 33fcoupe 014.JPG Thrashing on the coupe to get as much done as I can for TROG..Pulled a seat from another car so I can drive this heap a bit..Been fighting with carbs because I'm too cheap to buy new ones..I had one 97 that kinda worked ok and pulled apart another greasy one which turned out to be spotless inside!. I finally got a pair that seem to be working well ..After running each individually,I threw on a 2x2 adapter and both carbs which really woke this sucker up!..I know the consensus is that these silly adapters don't work,and I would agree on a stock motor,but when you have a hopped up flattie the single carb is actually restricting the motor. Adding the second carb helped this engines performance even if it isn't an ideal setup. A real 2x2 or 3x2 setup would be better.. After making a few "laps" around the neighborhood,I was pretty pleased with the performance so it was time to add more fuel to the fire..enter the Mc culloch blower. I just got it on tonight and its runs pretty good but has a few issues I need to solve. 2-1/2 weeks until TROG!!

brEad, wedjim, 36 ROKIT and 4 others like this.
  3. rat nasty

rat nasty

caravan is in my 29' coupe with a Mex blanket over it! Sits, fits & looks good! as always killer job on the car!

Fordgasser1 likes this.
  4. mike bowling

mike bowling

Don't forget the rear stabilizer wings!! Holy Crap! That is one wild car you've "created", my man! Hope you don't blow the shorts off the flag girl!! ( that's not true). Can't wait to see that baby run!!
    And the offer you made to Ray Prue was pretty cool. You, sir, are the real deal- Good Luck. See you on the beach!

Last edited: Sep 17, 2015
    kidcampbell71 likes this.
  5. onekoolkat1950

onekoolkat1950

100% in agreement.

6. 34ford5w

34ford5w
    from Colorado

Man what a stand up job on coupe! Not to just build it from scratch but to have doors line up and bottoms not flapping in the wind is truly amazing! Nice job! Don't know if I'll tackle it but you have encountered me to try especially when this pretty much rust free body came up for sale last week at Goodguys swap in Loveland Co. I got it for a song 1500 bucks! I've got some quarters so what the heck!! Good luck at TROG wish I could go!

Attached Files:

Runnin shine likes this.
  7. Fordgasser1

Fordgasser1
    from Jersey

Thanks guys!.. It would be a damn shame if Rays car didn't make TROG so you got a good running flattie if you need it.. if my extra parts can help another make it to the event, all the better..They aren't doing any good sitting on the garage floor collectin dust..pm me if you need it..
    Hmm? the flag girl getting shorts blown off? That would certainly NOT suck!..Ha ha! See you both on the sand.. George

You've got a nicer 4door to start with than I did..I'd say if you want a coupe and are up for the challenge,GO FOR IT!

ff1930 likes this.
  8. Gary Addcox

Gary Addcox
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I will watch your build on this '33 transformation. I am a '32-'40 freak myself, but there is no finer, no more pristine Ford than a '33-'34. Good luck.

Fordgasser1 likes this.
  9. thunderbirdesq

thunderbirdesq

Yea George! That is awesome !!

Fordgasser1 likes this.
  10. Fordgasser1

Fordgasser1
    from Jersey

11. Louie

Louie
    from NJ

cant wait to check this out the race!

12. brady1929

brady1929

What a great guy you are. Awesome hot rod too.

13. wheeldog57

wheeldog57

Can't wait to see (and hear) your car on the beach. Followed whole build. Well done- very cool transformation

14. onekoolkat1950

onekoolkat1950

X2

15. JasonCarGuy

JasonCarGuy

Hope to meet you at TROG

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

16. Fordgasser1

Fordgasser1
    from Jersey

Thanks everyone!the support and compliments from my fellow Hambers is what has kept me going...I hope to meet all you guys,kick back and have a few cold ones..See you all at TROG!..I gotta get back to working on this ol' heap!

wedjim likes this.
  17. Runnin shine

Runnin shine

Heap he says... Hilarious!

Fordgasser1 likes this.
  18. Fordgasser1

Fordgasser1
    from Jersey

This is for those of you who won't be making it to TROG..excuse the yellow plug wires,I didn't get my new ones yet!

HiSpoke, brEad, hipster and 7 others like this.
  19. Thats AWESOME man!!! Great work!! I wish I was going to TROG would love to see this in person. Jim

20. Holy shit man! So good!

21. pumpman

pumpman

Forget about the freaking yellow shit, just look at what you have done! When the hood is down ya can't see nothin but one hell of a car you built. Dude go have fun, you really desire it. You sir are fun to watch doing your thing, thank you.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2015
  22. jdownunder

jdownunder

very nice build and thanks for the vid

23. mike bowling

mike bowling

That video is totally cool- this has been an excellent thread; I'm going to hate to see it end!! What are you building this winter to entertain us??

6 days and counting!!

24. brady1929

brady1929

That hot rod is insane!!!!!

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  25. Fordgasser1

Fordgasser1
    from Jersey

Thanks guys!..First time i ever downloaded a video. Definately take more video at Trog!..

Mike B.. this build isn't over yet.There's alot of stuff I have planned for it..The car will be back apart after TROG and a quick list is: build and install a quickchange rear with model A rear crossmember,cowl steering setup,do some lead work on the body where needed(maybe even paint it black?),louver the decklid and add a top insert(with louvers)..Windows would be done too..
    I think when this is done a '29 roadster is next on my list..George

26. First I thought you were crazy cutting a 33-34 hood ... then I remembered 4 door sedan IS crazy. Wow.

You are a bad man dude. Look at what you built (hope you're proud). Coupe is friggin' perfect, and YOU are f#kn' amazing ! Can you knock out some clones ? :) Sure would love to own that b#tch.

hipster and Fordgasser1 like this.
  27. Fordgasser1

Fordgasser1
    from Jersey

Kidcampbell71, Thanks for compliments!..I'm pretty stoked about how its turning out!..I thought twice about cutting that hood too! but i love the way it looks with it on and most land speed cars run 'em so it had to get cut.If I had a lower two carb adapter they would've fit under the hood without the scoops.Also, that hood is not a premo piece(like most parts on this) its got a fair share of issues..I can always put the metal back in if the next owner wants it that way.;)
    I'm off to the flea market to find a mexican blanket..George

Last edited: Sep 26, 2015
  28. Runnin shine

Runnin shine

Well... The front seat is getting cold. Did you get distracted at the market?

29. Fordgasser1

Fordgasser1
    from Jersey

Yep, got me a blanket to cover the front seat for 4 bucks!..Ain't the greatest but it'll do..
    I started gathering up my extra parts and pieces for your project Runnin shine..I'll get you some pics shortly.

Took the '33 for its first real drive yesterday..went about 40 miles to a small hotrod/bike show called "scrapfest" in Jackson..Car drew alot of attention and comments(good and bad).The older guys dug it but some of the paint and chrome crowd did't get what this hot rod is all about.No biggie,it was a blast to drive! The ol' heap will lay rubber down for 100 feet when I nail it! gotta be easy on it until after TROG.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2015
  30. Runnin shine

Runnin shine

George you don't have to worry about that crap until you come back from whippin all those asses into the dirty coastal waters!