Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Bayou Roundup

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by TANNERGANG, Sep 22, 2015.

1. TANNERGANG

TANNERGANG
    BANNED
    from alabama

Who's going to the Bayou Roundup in Lafayette, La in Oct.?

CherryDeuce likes this.
  2. Deuce Daddy Don

Deuce Daddy Don
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Too far for me,---But have a good time!!

3. Unless something screws it up registered, booked and planning on it Tanner, early Saturday morning...

4. wex65

wex65
    from WV

Will be headed down there from VA with the Hilton Hot Rods/Ross Racing Engines convoy of badass A's...

This coming week the coupe will be fully prepared for the 2600 mile trip...i.e. I will wipe the bugs off the windshield from the last trip down to Austin. That's all she needs.

lothiandon1940 likes this.

5. Blase

Blase

I'll be there though my car probably will not. Most of the Hamb friendly guys in the area that I talked to will be there.

6. We were at Bomber bash in Bossier over this past weekend and several guys there were talking about it. We are planning to be there and hopefully bringing along a some friends.

7. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

Ok lets get a little more info pleas?

8. Doc.

Doc.
    Member Emeritus

We will be there. Can't wait.

9. wex65

wex65
    from WV

10. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

Yeah i found it after i got woke up good. thanks.

11. El Jefe

El Jefe
    Alliance Member

There's a mess of us coming in from Austin Texas. About a 15 car train rollin that way on Thursday Oct 15.

12. cube stude

cube stude
    from Dallas, tx

anyone heading out from DFW on thur.15th to bayou roundup? like to caravan

13. Had all plans on goin Tanner, booked a room and all, then looked @ the calander and wouldn't ya know it. Miss Mary has an appt that Friday. Oh well next year. Ya outta make plans to come to the Round Up in Austin next year.

14. lodaddyo

lodaddyo

Ill be there. Only a hour away from me

15. eric54chevy

eric54chevy
    from TEXAS!

Leaving early Saturday morning with my 41 Merc

16. wayne-o

wayne-o

Tanner, looking forward to seeing you. Plan to be there on Friday afternoon sometime.

17. prewarpete

prewarpete

I am registered and the hotel is booked. 3 or 4 of us cruising on Friday from Baton Rouge

18. Headed there from Houston early Friday morning. Too bad the Houston burnout is the same day!

19. 193257

Ill be there sometime Thursday..

20. saltracer

saltracer

21. Mike Rouse

Mike Rouse

I will be there. Convoy leaving Baton Rouge about 10:30 Friday.
    Mike

22. Doc.

Doc.
    Member Emeritus

I'll finish a 7 night run in about 3 hours. I'll go strait to the shop and start cleaning the Silva Speed Special to get her ready for the show. This will be her first trip since I rebuilt her Frenzel, so I'm really excited about the show. I hope there is a great turnout, we really need to support the Kontinentals in there efforts to bring such a quality show to our state. See ya there.

23. Rusty

Rusty

Heading out Friday see yall there

24. Stu

Stu
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The weather is looking great!!

25. wex65

wex65
    from WV

Hilton Hot Rods/Ross Racing Engine convoy already on the road and driving through Alabama this AM.
    bob.png

26. daveriot

daveriot
    from louisiana

if anyone is interested we have two shows Friday and Saturday night downtown at Artmosphere 902 Johnston

https://www.facebook.com/events/1783333435217783/

The Roebucks, based in south Louisiana, formed in Baton Rouge by Robbie and Sammy in 1991. Doing originals and a few obscure covers for years, all in the style of the early Rock 'n Roll artists from the late 50's/early 60's... and oh yeah, and the surf and country thang from the 60's. Hell, it all ties together, don't it? Lots of twangin' guitar, cheap liquor, corny smartass jokes, semi-interesting stories, and striking good looks. Yeah that's us -- a sort of a Surfin' Johnny Cash meets Bo Diddley kind of thing

https://www.facebook.com/events/923580061080772/

The Unnaturals bring their unique blend of surf, rockabilly, rock'n'roll, and swing, to New Orleans and the surrounding area on a regular basis. They have performed with musicians across a wide range of genres, including honky-tonk, blues, rock, punk, hardcore, rockabilly, psychobilly, metal/ hard rock, ska, and yes, even goth. Oh, and surf, of course! They love to play, and they love to drink, so be sure to catch 'em live, and don't forget to buy 'em a coupleof drinks!

The Rotten Cores are a hybrid of vintage country and punk rock, and have been compared to The Pogues, Chet Atkins, The Reverend Horton Heat, and Hank Williams (I & III). Playing mainly original music, the group is lead by singer/guitarist Aden Paul. Whether crooning a murder ballad or shredding on a whiskey fueled Rockabilly tune, he's backed loyally by co-founder and upright bassist Kade Alexander, drummer Roy Durand, and Dr. Sick on lead fiddle that could inspire either a hoe-down or a mosh pit!

CherryDeuce likes this.
    HtRdLcn likes this.