Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical UPDATED AGAIN! Bondo on New Brookville Body?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by BLAKE, Aug 2, 2015.

1. el Scotto

el Scotto
    from Tracy, CA

I know this thread is a few weeks old but I'm glad it worked out for you.

I've been considering dropping the scratch for one of their A roadsters recently given that all the old original stuff is overpriced crap.

When I saw the down I was bummed, but when they stepped up I thought that was cool. I did kinda wonder if a little internet birdie put a word in their ear though...

2. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

Agreed Ryan,
    I've had a few Brookville Roadster Bodies & Parts come thru Cyclone R.E. Ray, Chuck and now Kenny continues to handle the Helm of Antique Automotive Sheet Metal very well there in Brookville OH. None of these bodies that I have received ever had any filler of any kind and since they have deleted their primer option steel does not lie. In 2003, I received a body in a big crate that some pieces were original and others AASM supplied=All good stuff.

Everything fit fine, I was so very impressed that I sent them more gennie parts to fit with their pieces to make a couple of other bodies and another complete AASM 32 body for a customer in Buelton-Solvang,CA. that ended up on the cover of a 2015 HRD wearing a red metallic color and gray steelies on Stones, Flatty powered by Baron's version of Cyclone 24 studs and that body had some original pieces on it as well.

In January 2015, We delivered to a customer a 30/31 extended cab RPU, custom made bed originally done for a 29 rear section. I took a ton of pix of this body. In March I stopped by the customers place and that body was in a Fiat 600 mint green that looked stunning!!! I inquired as to how much body work was necessary and his painter stated that he'd rather do 10 of these than one rough Budd built for FoMoCo original. To me that speaks volumes. Sometimes things happen with tooling, this must've been the case here and I'm happy that Kenny and Blake were able to work it all out.

Blake, That RPU so far is stunning!!!!! Good luck with the rest of the build.

3. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'm 45. I was set up for lead when my shop was open.

Nobody wanted to PAY for it.

volvobrynk likes this.
  4. snopeks garage

snopeks garage
    from macomb MI

not true! we do lead at my shop... www.reitersmetalcraft.com

5. snopeks garage

snopeks garage
    from macomb MI

that is very true! it takes 4x or more the about of time compared to body filler! no one wants filler on there car but no one wants to pay to metal finish a body out.

54fierro likes this.
  6. Buddy Palumbo

Buddy Palumbo

I agree as well , very true .

7. hotcoupe

hotcoupe

i just wanted to post my experience with a Brookville `32 roadster body. i purchased this body from an out of state dealer and when i placed the body on my CHERRY original frame the body was not wide enough, it would have scrapped the paint off the frame rails. and the gap between the deck lid and quarter were inconsistent. talked to Kenny, explained the problem, e-mailed images, his response was bring the body back and they will fix it [i`m in Missouri, they`re in Ohio]. a few weeks later when i delivered the body on the agreed day, EVERY Brookville employee that i interacted with treated me with courtesy and respect. two men worked on the body all day replacing the floor, all the cross sills, and adjusted the deck lid/quarter panel gap. they did this on their dime, without any pressure from social media, because they felt it was the right thing to do. just wanted you to know.
    tom

3dnsouth, 54fierro, loudbang and 5 others like this.
  8. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

So, Blake, have you gotten the new panel yet and what do you think you are going to do ?

Don

9. BLAKE

BLAKE

Have not heard anything yet, so I plan to call them Monday to check the status. When Kenny offered to send the new rear section (Aug-13), he said to give them a couple of weeks... it's been 4 wks... so it's time to check in. I'll let ya know what I hear.

worn shoes likes this.
  10. worn shoes

worn shoes

I was reading this and feeling bummed. I'm just glad they're stepping up to fix the issue. Some other shops should take NOTE!!!!

shawnsauto1 likes this.
  11. thirtytwo

thirtytwo

Th
    Thanks for sharing your experiance also

BLAKE likes this.
  12. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

I've never had anything from Brookville that required asking them to make good on something outta whack, so I can't go first hand on a comment about that.
    But I can say that the uncompleted project I bought and finished used a Brookville '30/'31 "A" body and that the body was almost flawless. And even though I didn't buy the body myself from them, they were very friendly, courteous, and helpful when I called with a question. Good people.

BLAKE likes this.
  13. BLAKE

BLAKE

UPDATE - If you recall, it was on Aug-13 that Kenny generously offered to ship me a replacement cab section, but he said he'd need "a couple of weeks" to get it all together. So, with today marking 4 weeks passed, I called them to check in. Kenny was not available, but the nice lady that answers the phones was confident that she could check the status for me. After a minute or so...

"In Austin, right...?".

"Yes, ma'am... that's me".

"OK... it's gonna be another two weeks or so".

14. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

Or so!
    Hmmmmm
    The plot thickens

15. 5window

5window

I suppose we should start a thread of experiences that were successful:the product was a s advertised, communication was maintained, any issues were dealt with promptly and resolved-but it would probably be a very short thread.

I can tell you, however, that my experience having a car transported by Bill's Auto Works (HAMB-O-DEx) was indeed first rate, over the top and successful and enjoyable in every way.
    So, I guess that's one.

loudbang likes this.
  16. BLAKE

BLAKE

UPDATED UPDATE!

Totally outta the blue... just got a call from the nice lady at Brookville.

"I just talked to you yesterday!" she says, laughing... "Guess what...?"

"What?" I says, laughing.

"Your parts shipped!"

From there it was the usual laughing, small talk, thanks, and 'Have a nice days'... all good.

17. Man, from "...it's gonna be another 2 wks or so" one day to "your parts shipped" the next day. I guess a person could pretty much make up their own scenario as to what actually transpired between point A and point B. Cynicism or optimism...

Anywho, hope ya get what need and can move on with the fine RPU. Shop time is WAY better than on the phone with vendors.

18. Buddy Palumbo

Buddy Palumbo

Sounds good to me !

19. BJR

BJR

Brookville must be following this thread.

20. Yup

volvobrynk likes this.
  21. 57JoeFoMoPar

57JoeFoMoPar

That's the way it should be. Brookville has a good name in this hobby and doing right by customers, along with providing quality parts, are obviously how they got it.

22. BLAKE

BLAKE

BIG UPDATE!

Had a surprise waiting at the front door when I got home from work today. Brookville totally came through on this one, as far as I'm concerned! I have some careful assembly to do, but no doubt the finished cab will be much better than what I coulda ended up without their generous support on this.

Thanks, Brookville! You guys are tops!

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

23. Budget36

Budget36

Shoot, darn near plug and play for you!

That really is above and beyond.

BLAKE likes this.
  24. pictures of the panel?

25. BLAKE

BLAKE

Should be 4 or 5 in my post above... ?

26. sorry they didn't come through the first time i looked
    nice looking panel!

27. Great looking part. And a dang fine job by Brookville.

28. Treat people the way you want to be treated by others. You will be surprised how easy life can be and what you can achieve. ;) Well done Blake, my sincere respect how you handled this issue. In my humble opinion you are the role model customer every company dreams of.
    I like your comment about social media too. A fool with a tool remains a fool, but a good tool used wisely can be a real benefit.

29. Dick Stevens

Dick Stevens

Blake, I am happy for you and want to give Brookville credit for going the extra mile in customer relations, they certainly deserve credit IMHO. :cool::D

volvobrynk likes this.
  30. Man that is just excellent!!! It could only be better if they had sent down someone to install it for you!!!