Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Look out for another "stolen" 32 5 window...

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by JK, Sep 17, 2015.

1. ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1442539316.642557.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1442539331.693221.jpg

I say "stolen" because it was sold without a title by a bitter ex-wife. The car is a heavily chopped 32 5 window. Chopped 32 grill shell with aluminum radiator. Cebia headlights with red medallions on top of them. Chrome reverse rims and slicks. Buick tail lights. The engine is a 401 nailhead with 6 94's on it and a 4 speed tranny. Behind that is a 9 inch with Buick drums. The car is missing from the Choctaw area, about 15 min east of Oklahoma City. If you know of it or see it, let me know and we'll take car of it. Thanks.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2015
  2. Dirty Dug

Dirty Dug

It looks like a '32 Ford from here.

3. Model T1

Model T1

That sounds like a touchy situation. No title and ex-wife has possesion. Someone may be screwed in more ways than one. Good luck!
    I once bought a 1957 Chevy 2-dr ht in nice condition from a guy at a cruise in. Went to pick it up in his "wife's" garage. She woudn't open the garage and the car went from Illinois to Texas in days.

4. I agree,looks like a 32 Ford to me. HRP

5. metal man

metal man

I will keep an eye out for it, but I hope you can prove ownership, with a title that matches the frame. Sounds like trouble. Good luck.

6. nailhead terry

nailhead terry

That hurts we will watch for it

7. "heaven knows no rage, like love to hatred, nor hell, a fury like a woman scorned" William Congreve
    "i was mad" Lorena Bobbitt

Last edited: Sep 17, 2015
    1952B3b23, Paul B and volvobrynk like this.
  8. OUCH! :eek: HRP

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  9. Looks like 32coupedeville's old 4dr to a coupe conversion

10. metal man

metal man

You know, I thought the same thing. Did Drew sell it?

11. I'm sure he did.

12. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

may want to go and request a duplicate title to your car - that is one way to see if ex or buyer changed ownership

13. Lone Star Mopar

Lone Star Mopar

I saw the add on OKC Craigslist. She had it listed as a 32 Ford 6 cylinder. A freind called on the add, she said husband died and she needed money to pay some bills was the story I got. Something didn't seem right for only 10k. In the pics she posted the body was off of the frame. I still have the link for the CL add in a text mssge my father sent me about the car. Of course the add was removed fairly quickly.

14. thirtytwo

thirtytwo

2nd post I saw of this car today why exactly is it being called a 33.... Especially if there is no title in the first place.... Whole thing seems fishy?

15. The car is a 32 and the one Drew built here from a 4 door. I am long time friends with the owner that his ex just sold it. She had a court order to not sell anything, but did anyway. Everything is legit but the fact that she sold it. Praying we can get this back!

16. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

And folks wonder why I will never marry again ! :eek: If there was a court order and she violated it, that should make it relatively easy to recover it, especially since it was sold sans title. I would be down at the sheriff's office filing theft charges as we speak.

On a side note, that is one bad ass looking hot rod. I wouldn't even paint it.

Don

lothiandon1940 and Pinstriper40 like this.
  17. Maybe the court will let her stay in the cross-bar motel.

18. Amen!

19. Paul Harvey...We need "the rest of the story"

20. This is not a good thing to happen to a hot rod. Hope ya find it.

21. Way too much to cover for the rest of the story... Just know that the guy that lost the car is one of the nicest, most stand up guys and dedicated dads you will come across. I have been friends with him for almost 30 years now.

22. We found the car this morning (almost 8 hours from first hearing about it). A guy bought it from the ex and flipped it to one of my friends for, I guess, big money. He was talking about it to another friend and that guy called me. It's safe for now. you're right Guthiesmith, Don is a standup guy and tried to be nice and follow the courts ruling.

Stogy, David Gersic and tb33anda3rd like this.
  23. Katuna

Katuna
    from Clovis,Ca.

This sucks for everyone involved. Hopefully it will suck most for her. Hope she still has the coin she got from the first buyer so he doesn't get jacked in the deal. Wonder how this all works legally as far as the first buyer getting his money back? Could be tied up for awhile.

I'd hate to be the second buyer. He hooked it, got it in the boat and it slipped out of his hands.

24. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

wimmins....you can't live with 'em, and you can't shoot 'em. :mad:

25. SicSpeed

SicSpeed
    from Idaho

unless you live in Venezuela

26. silverdome

silverdome

Maybe they'll let her try on some nice silver bracelets too.

27. hotrod1948

hotrod1948
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Milton, WI

Why can't you shoot them? Manslaughter terms are shorter than a lifetime marriage!

mike bowling and lothiandon1940 like this.
  28. Old guy told me once "Can't live with them and you can't live with them."

29. Man, they sure know how to kick you in the balls, don't they?