Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical *IN STOCK NOW!* NEW Haus of Style "AVIATOR" Straight 5 Style Gauge Panel

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Pinstriper40, Jul 24, 2015.

1. belair

belair

WOW-you talented people kill me. So-do I have to put a Deuce dash in my A to use one, or will it work with an A dash?

2. orangeamcs

orangeamcs

Can't wait to see final pattern

3. mike bowling

mike bowling

Blowing up stumps and shooting cans. Trying to remain calm.

4. Ruiner

Ruiner

Was this the one you're having cast?... 10799248_10100332374098080_502243256_n.jpg

5. 1-SHOT

1-SHOT
    from Denton

Is G.Y.E. close to B.F.E. .

Pinstriper40 likes this.
  6. jack_pine

jack_pine
    from Motor City

Can you provide dimensions of the panel? I want to see if it will fit/look right in the dash of my early Dodge Brothers roadster

7. Pinstriper40

Pinstriper40

IMG_20150909_151021696.jpg Well, this should give you all a very good idea of what the panel will look like. This obviously isn't a straight-on view, and it has been refined from this point with draft angles, some minor changes, etc... But for those of you who simply can't wait, here it is!

OLSKOOL32 and 48stude like this.
  8. Pinstriper40

Pinstriper40

Dimensions are 5 5/16" by 19 7/8". It will fit in most any flat dash. I've purchased a smooth '32 dash to illustrate what it would look like installed in a '32 dash.
    Thank you!

9. orangeamcs

orangeamcs

When is the pre order

Pinstriper40 likes this.
  10. Pinstriper40

Pinstriper40

The pre-order starts NOW! Cast aluminum panels will be sold for $225. They will be available in 6-8 weeks, as production time allows. PM me for details. Thanks!

11. Pinstriper40

Pinstriper40

You could either fill the stock a dash, or buy a '32 style dash that fits in a model A.

Haha! Well, now you can get REALLY excited!

12. willumbilt

willumbilt

Nice! Someday I'll get around to building a '34 tudor around that! I think you know what I mean :)

Pinstriper40 likes this.
  13. i.rant

i.rant
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. 1940 Ford

I can't use it but it looks good. :)

Pinstriper40 likes this.
  14. daddio211

daddio211

Well shit. I wish I had seen this before, I bought a So Cal one a few weeks ago and am in the process of having a fellow HAMBer help me cut guitar pick material for the insert. Carry on though, this is cool and I can't wait to see what you turn out.

Pinstriper40 likes this.
  15. tombstone

tombstone
    from sk.canada

Looks great ! Good luck !!! Anxious to see the finished product installed !

Pinstriper40 likes this.
  16. Very nice! Can't wait to see the finished product!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

Pinstriper40 likes this.
  17. Genes12320

Genes12320

That looks nice. I am interested also.

Pinstriper40 likes this.
  18. Pinstriper40

Pinstriper40

image009.jpg Thanks everyone! Shouldn't be too long before I'll be sending the pattern to O'Brien Truckers!

patmanta, 48stude and RICH B like this.
  19. thewildturkey46

thewildturkey46
    from Rice, MN

20. Roothawg

Roothawg

Cost factor always drives my wants vs needs. I am interested though.

Pinstriper40 likes this.
  21. tallhtrddr

tallhtrddr

That's looks good.

Pinstriper40 likes this.
  22. Pinstriper40

Pinstriper40

Thank you everyone! I'm excited to see a cast aluminum example as well! I'm looking into polishing costs, looks like that option would be $75.

23. alchemy

alchemy

If you can polish that design with all those ins and outs for only $75, that is a bargain! I know I couldn't do it on the panels I cast for that price.

daddio211 likes this.
  24. Pinstriper40

Pinstriper40

I'll have to get a cast example to the polisher to find out what it would really cost, but that was his guesstimation.

25. 97

You can't patent a dashboard or dash panel, but you can copyright a work of art/sculpture etc.
    It happens automatically when you first make it public, so holding off can only hurt your case, now that you have shown the artwork you OWN copyright to that, as soon as a finished product is made public you automatically own copyright..

here's some more info

Registration Is NOT a Requirement for Copyright Protection
    Your creative work is protected by US copyright law the instant it is created and fixed in any tangible medium (e.g. a manuscript, photograph, painting, sound recording, etc.). This is not to say that registration of your work with the U.S. Copyright Office is not useful. Registration serves as almost irrefutable proof that you own a valid copyright. It is also required before owners of works that originated in the U.S. can sue for infringement, and allows all other owners to collect significantly more damages than they would if they had not registered.

How to Prove That You Were the First Person to Create a Work
    Poor man's copyright cannot be used as a method to prove that you were the first person to create a work. In fact, no American court has found the poor man’s copyright method to be of any probative value. This makes sense because it would be easy to fake by placing new materials in a previously-mailed envelope (the U.S. Postal Service does not require envelopes to be sealed).

Do I Need Legal Assistance with a Copyright Issue?
    Although copyright protection is automatic, you may still wish to register your work with the U.S. Copyright Office in order to ensure protection for your work. An intellectual property attorney can assist you with this process. You should also seek legal guidance if you believe that you are a victim of copyright infringement.

- See more at: http://www.legalmatch.com/law-library/article/poor-mans-copyright.html#sthash.u8MYeZYU.dpuf

26. jack_pine

jack_pine
    from Motor City

I beg to differ but don't want to hijack thread - you can patent a design. OEM'S are quite fond of this in recent years. Their exterior styling for a certain models can receive patent protection.

27. Pinstriper40

Pinstriper40

Thanks for the info, 97! I had thought an internet post should count as something in the intellectual property realm, so that's good to hear.

28. Pinstriper40

Pinstriper40

To those who are interested in getting in on the first batch...

Pre-Order is NOW OPEN and CLOSES October 1st. These will be numbered and they will have some sort of neat packaging to boot. Numbers 1-5 are sold. The next order window will be November 1st-15th. Thank you to all who have supported this idea thus far!

29. Roothawg

Roothawg

My dad held multiple patents and they aren't worth the paper they are written on. All that is required is altering one thing and the patent is void. We witnessed this first hand. I say make them and sell them before they start making them overseas. The Chinese don't care about copyright infringement or patent law.

daddio211 likes this.
  30. You can Patent a design, it is called a Design Patent and it is different from a standard patent in that it only covers the design aspect. I have been involved with this at work.
    I really don't think that a dash insert will fall under the copyright laws for art etc. In fact I'd bet on it.