Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest BEWARE OF RYAN CROSS: Hamb member rip off

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Chris, Sep 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. A very good friend of mine was ripped off by one of our own. My friend Len purchased a pair of front model A fenders by "Cheaterbobber" aka Ryan Cross on here early this year. Ryan said he would box and ship them with insurance. He shipped by route of Fastenall. They arrived heavily damaged and Len refused them at pickup. Len had to go to Fastenall to pick them up, so they were never out of the fastenall facility. Len contacted Ryan and Ryan said he would take care of it. The fenders sat there for a while (Len thinking they were shipped back) and after many unanswered phone calls and emails over two months Len finally figured out that Ryan did nothing, never called fastenall, never looked into insurance (which at this point we are pretty sure he never put on them even though Len paid for it). So Len finally gets ahold of Ryan, Ryan acted like it was Len's fault and demanded pictures of the damage. Len took pictures of the fenders still at the shipping location and sent to Ryan. Ryan finally demanded that Len ship the fenders back to him, which he did 2 months ago.
    Now Ryan has the fenders and the money, and has made it clear he has no intention of giving len his money back. Ryan even acused Len of doing the damage to the fenders, but Len got a letter written from the manager at the fastenall store stating Len never had them in his posession, never touched them, etc.

I am only involded in this as Len is pretty old and disabled and does not do computer stuff very well. He is on here as a lurker, but I dont think has ever posted anything. I got a hold of Ryan's car club, "The Cheaters" and they were a good help and could not belive that Ryan would act this way. But they could not get Ryan to budge

Len has fully coroporated with Ryan, has gone as far as having his lawyer send him a certfied letter which never got answered, and is willing to take more steps but I think it boils down to Ryan Cross is a theif, and has no interntion of making anything right. We have contacted his friends, place of work (where he shipped the fenders from), and sent him letters and nothing seems to budge him to do the right thing. So all we have left is to warn others of his dealings.

DO NOT DEAL WITH CHEATERBOBBER AKA RYAN CROSS

I know this will probably get deleted but I hope it helps someone to not get burned. Len is out $700.00 which is a lot of money to a guy on disability.

bct, ace5043 and Dave Mc like this.
  2. "Outting" him will hopefully cause him some issues in the near future with some friends etc. What a low life. Calls himself an engineer? Should be someone in Wi that can have a chat with him. Tim

1927graham likes this.
  3. raidmagic

raidmagic

That sucks. I hate when people do this crap.. Makes it hard to trust anyone when buying on the net.

4. He hasn't been on line since May 14,2015.

I always look at a guys profile before I do business with him and if he is only here to sell and buy parts I avoid him like the plague.

This guy is a prime example,sorry your pal got burnt,hopefully Ryan (our boss) can add his name to the bad sellers list which is regrettably growing. HRP

Last edited: Sep 17, 2015
    ace5043, Saxman, brad2v and 1 other person like this.

5. I know, it's pretty sad. Len dealt with him in Feb or May...looks like he has not been on since things went sideways. I did talk to our Ryan, the owner of the Hamb, months ago in this so he is aware of it.

6. stangman05gt

stangman05gt
    from illinois

7. roundvalley

roundvalley

Post on his trading profile. Trading profile is there but no one seems to use it.

8. Budget36

Budget36

Where is this list?

9. F-ONE

F-ONE
    from Alabama

Sounds like miscommunication....Its looks to me like both seller and buyer have some blame. Just sayin:rolleyes:

10. models916

models916

How does the buyer have some blame?

ace5043 and loudbang like this.
  11. Jon SSS

Jon SSS

I think this kind of stuff is what has made Fastenal not want to deal with personal packages anymore. An insider at Fastenal had told me that they are fazing this service out just because of this type of situation. Maybe I am the only person that supplies pictures of shipping/insurance paperwork to customers for parts sold. Looks like this deal bit everybody in the ass.

12. I hate buying stuff I can't personally look at before I pay out the green!! Seems like this kind of a deal is happening more an more.

1927graham and Andamo like this.
  13. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

F-one
    Always two sides to every story.
    I just hate it when when someone says that, especially after reading reports like this on the HAMB.
    I know you did'nt say that and I'll give a little here, like 1%, because my gut feeling is; not only is the seller a scumbag; he is 99% responsible.
    If the facts (ever) bear out something different; I'll post an apology.
    My .02

captaintaytay likes this.
  14. texasred

texasred
    from Houston

With all the different forms of social media, you should OUT this POS every way possible...

15. Budget36

Budget36

I don't see how the buyer has any blame, heck, I don't see any miscommunication either.

It appears the seller shipped w/o insurance after saying he would insure them.

I mean I can see the seller thinking "I didn't damage them, why should I pay for them?"...this would be true thinking IF the buyer said "No insurance needed", which is not the case.

Top it off that the seller now has the parts in his possession, and the money and the buyer probably paid the shipping back?

loudbang likes this.
  16. blowby

blowby
    from Nicasio Ca

Still looks like has a lot of stuff for sale.

17. 35 Dodge Hot Rod

35 Dodge Hot Rod
    from Mecca

Shitty deal.

Who knew model a fenders were so hard to find though?

GreenMonster48 likes this.
  18. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

You are correct but.....they ARE model A fenders and unless they were repaired; there is going to be some damage, and if they were real nice ones, they will be more than $700.
    As for communication; this scumbag won't be bragging up existing damage too much.

19. R35J1S

R35J1S
    from Missouri

This is what pissed me off about ant form of shipping. Why do I have to pay insurance on something that is being shipped. The shipping company should be responsible for any damage or loss that happens while they have the item in their possession. Not the seller or the buyer. Fastenall should pay for the damages, since they caused them.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

20. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

21. burbanite

burbanite

22. R35J1S

R35J1S
    from Missouri

Guess I assumed there were pictures of undamaged fenders when he agreed to buy them. Did the seller do a bait and switch or were they damaged during shipping?

23. R35J1S

R35J1S
    from Missouri

Either way the seller did not purchase the insurance which was agreed upon, so it is on him to refund the buyers money.
    I am just saying the shipping companies should be responsible for goods in their possession.

loudbang likes this.
  24. 1950_Buick

1950_Buick

I agree.

While it "seems" like the seller is at fault and everyone wants to jump on that bandwagon, and certainly with him not being on here for 4 months seems suspect, his absence doesn't make him guilty of anything, just your speculation. I don't know what his previous activity is, but not being on here for months doesn't mean much at the end of the day.

All we have here is one guys post, who "isn't" the one in the transaction but a helpful 2nd hander.

Now before you jump all over me, the seller may in fact be at fault here, but all we have is one unsubstantiated side of the story, and even in that account, it appears for whatever reason the seller DID in fact ship the product and DID in fact believe it left in good condition as he believes the buyer is at fault.

I've seen it too many times in the past where the story is "painted" in favor of the persons position and against the other and it seems justifiable, that is, until the other account or side of the story is given.

So my advice is treat it as a caution in dealing with this seller, however with his lack of coming here, it doesn't appear he makes his living from either selling or scamming people, and ask to give an account if you were to contemplate purchasing something from him.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2015
  25. He deleted the ad for the front fenders once Len bought them, but here is the picture of the rears. The fronts looked the same (before being shipped)

image.jpg

loudbang likes this.
  26. I get he guys that want to hear Ryan's side...so would I. I posted this as a simple warning to not deal with him. He's a scumbag and he knows it. You guys can crucify me all you want, but don't come crying if he ever rips you off too.
    This whole ordeal has been going on since March. Len has been very patient with him and simply asked for his money back. Now Ryan has both the fenders and money (remember, Ryan wanted the fenders returned to him)and now refuses to communicate. Even the guys I talked to in his club seem to be on Lens side.

loudbang likes this.
  27. mrquickwhip

mrquickwhip

It's through guys like Chris....the original poster who started this thread, that I have so much faith in the hamb. I bought a 36 ford coupe from chris. I had never met him, he hadn't advertised the coupe for sale, we did a deal and Chris trusted me. He made the whole transaction painless and hassle free.....I for one would believe and trust Chris on this. I hope Len gets everything sorted out....Bob in cold wet Scotland

loudbang, tb33anda3rd and brad2v like this.
  28. ahshoe

ahshoe

I tried to have a pair of bumpers sent to me via the Fastenal route.....from what I was told by Fastenal is that they don't even offer insurance. as they are not a shipping company. I'd say you have to stay with shippers such as Fed-Ex or UPS, or the truck freight route. At least you can purchase insurance from them.

29. raidmagic

raidmagic

How can any of you be blaming the buyer? At the end of the day the seller has the fenders and the money.

loudbang and Saxman like this.
  30. HotRodMicky

HotRodMicky

I believe Chris can judge a good from a bad deal .....so you can trust his warning.

Shamus and brad2v like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.