Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Alliance Members - LOOK HERE!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Sep 16, 2015.

?
  1. Keep the traditional Alliance tag

95 vote(s)
    28.1%
  2. Screw tradition, let's change it up and go with a new design

243 vote(s)
    71.9%
  1. Fulvia

Fulvia

I like it. Like the art, also.

2. King ford

King ford
    from 08302

The car needs to look like a TRADITIONAL HOTROD

3. Even one that is square to separate it from the familiar timing tags shape.
    tag.jpg

timwhit and daddio211 like this.
  4. Love the idea of a brass timing tag style. But, then I've always been partial to them. How 'bout one with a '29 highboy? :)
    [​IMG]

And for those that don't recognize it, the car on Ryan's artwork is the Eddie Miller straight 8 powered lakester.

117harv likes this.
  5. And when did my membership expire ughhh.

6. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

I'm okay with it.

Ray

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  7. tikiwagon13

tikiwagon13

8. mcmopar

mcmopar
    from Strum, wi

I say NO, I can see the HAMB tag from a ways away and like it. Getting rid of the sites logo off the tag would be wrong.

Murphy32 likes this.
  9. jhtdon

jhtdon
    from Florida

Keep The Tag, make the next one Yellow, The Peril Needs a Tag. Change at a Dozen Done.

Cheers, Don

10. Uncle Phil

Uncle Phil

I'm not emotional about the tag, but I think the artwork is great. If you aren't familiar with the Eddie Miller Streamliner it's a cool story and car. They sort of over restored it, but it's still a bitchin hot rod.

Attached Files:

11. Murphy32

Murphy32
    from Minnesota

....That's my only concern, otherwise, cool.

46international and Scooterville like this.
  12. ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1442493866.982790.jpg

@Uncle Phil not really, it was well detailed in the 50s.

13. I'm okay with it.

14. 117harv

117harv

cover 26.jpg cover 36.jpg cover 38.jpg cover 42.jpg

Something similar to one of these, 3/4 view. hot rod races.jpg

waxhead and straykatkustoms like this.
  15. skipperman

skipperman

All I can say is that a HAMBER will spot the ORIGINAL from a block away ........ :cool:

16. Happydaze

Happydaze
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Haven't we already done this? I've got a brass (non year specific?) Alliance tag (somewhere safe - just can't remember where!). I find the current style is too big to fit a dash. But when you've got a few there's a nice wall art collection thing going on. But I love the smaller, etched brass tag.

So my preference is to keep the existing and offer the etched brass as an optional, chargeable, additional item.

Chris

17. I'm on the fence here...and not just because of my usual resistance to change. I love the distinctive design of the original member tag. However, I do understand the sense that it is getting a bit stale. I think we all appreciate the feel of the early timing tags, and it would be a design that we could embrace. If we are going that route, I would like to see the artwork on the new tags change every year, perhaps paying homage to a different timing association (such as SCTA or Russetta), or historic racing venue (such as El Mirage or Muroc) each year. Just keep the HAMB logo visible, please.

waxhead and falcongeorge like this.
  18. roddin-shack

roddin-shack

I like the CHANGE including using BRASS I hate the Aluminum Tags, the stamped letters always look screwed up in my name. GO FOR IT.

19. Click on the Oscar icon [​IMG]and scroll down to YOUR ALLIANCE STATUS,click on it look at Purchased Upgrades, look to the right side of the page and it will show you the date and time your alliance membership expires. HRP

20. GZ

GZ
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Detroit

Love the new tag idea. Looking forward to adding it to the roadster's radiator!

Attached Files:

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  21. That sounds good to me. HRP

22. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Which, apparently, is not a "traditional hot rod". I learn something new on here every day...

Dean Lowe likes this.
  23. orangeamcs

orangeamcs

Jimmy B has the best suggestion of the whole lot. Just make it similar dimensions to the OG tag but square. The reason a lot of us support the hamb is because it sets us apart from people who don't get it. So a tag that is easy to identify to those who "know" would be great. As far as the art work I am sure there will be hundreds of options but something distinct and classy is always picked by you.
    Matt

24. Well not a member until life opens up again but I am good with a change as long as it doesn't become too "newstalgia" or 21st Century

25. denis4x4

denis4x4
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Colorado

I have a brass Alliance Member tag on the lid of a tool box mounted on my '29 CCPU that has not weathered well. I'd rather see the original tag upgraded and then renewals would be identified with simple tags indicated the year. After the original run, costs would be contained. DSC02533.JPG

26. Iron Dog

Iron Dog
    from Minnesota

27. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

I like the idea of a smaller, rectangular brass 'timing style' tag that could be affixed to the dash also.
    But the recognizability of the original HAMB tag can't be denied...Eagle Field was 'Lousy' with them last time.
    Agree the 'character' should be a 'HOT ROD'. The '24T on the July 6, 1947 SCTA program is ideal.
    (-117Harv, post# 74)

CajunJalopy likes this.
  28. lookin' hot, i'd say: do it!

29. maybe a spot for; "member since"

37hotrod, Dean Lowe and Scooterville like this.
  30. Ryan your the boss :D whatever you decide we follow .
    Some of the guys have a point as the distinctiveness of the current tag and the brass looks good on the new one ,I think after a run of 10 years a tasteful change will be a good change .