Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage A Cool Colorado Saturday Afternoon

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by travisfromkansas, Sep 15, 2015.

1. travisfromkansas

travisfromkansas

Still working on posting my past blog posts here for you to enjoy! This was from the middle of July and originally appeared here on my website.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sometimes a guy just has to take a break. After more weekends on the road going to car shows than I can remember, it was time to take a break. Mostly because I couldn’t afford the time off from work to get to Columbus, OH for the Goodguys event, or to San Jose, CA to Gambino’s Sit Down more than any other reason. I figured it was a good time to head up to Northern Colorado to see my friends and shoot some video for an upcoming Motornation release.

So I got ahold of Adam Lucier of Newstalgia Custom Paint & Design who had talked to me awhile back about putting together a video for his shop to use in his booth at events. Starting Saturday at Newstalgia we then gathered up a few cars and headed up to our friend David’s place for a little get together that he planned when I talked to him about shooting his 33 Ford for a feature video.

In addition to some amazing food and the great cars that you see here we also enjoyed some slot car drag racing and even some sumo wrestling. You know, the kind where two people put on thick suits that make it nearly impossible to move around and then those two have to try to push each other out of the circle. Good times were had by all, we even got to wait out a brief thunderstorm in David’s shop. Unfortunately by the time the storm had passed it was getting late enough we didn’t have time to do a run up into the mountains, maybe next time.

When you can, gather up your car buddies, smoke up some ribs and if you can, get a sumo setup, it makes for a great Saturday afternoon.

[​IMG]

David’s 33 Ford “Cad The Impaler” will have a full feature in episode 4 on my Motornation channel. I have to finish episode 3 and get it out first though…

[​IMG]

Adam’s 53 Ford, originally his grandfather’s car, getting a kustom makeover.

[​IMG]

We had a ton of cool cars show up.

[​IMG]

David’s latest project. A hopped up Banger powered roadster.

[​IMG]

Daniel just traded a car to David and as part of the deal got this sweet 39 Ford.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Daniel’s wife Brooke’s Merc.

[​IMG]

Dean’s 5 window (driven this day by his son Gus) look for a full photo feature on this car soon. Dean’s sedan is in the background, some how I didn’t get a photo of it during my photo shooting, sorry. Yes that’s a straight 6 with 3 carbs and split exhaust powering the sedan.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Adam’s T Bucket, you might recoginize it from the Speedway Motors catalog.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

I don’t know if I’ve ever seen this cluster before but I dig it!

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Thanks for checking the story out!
    More to come as I try to catch you up with my blog.
    See you at a show,
    Royboy

2. Great shots! You should get in the biz! ;)

travisfromkansas likes this.
  3. Always super pictures.Thanks for posting.

4. travisfromkansas

travisfromkansas

Business implies income, that would be awesome. Haha thanks man!

thank you!

czuch az likes this.

5. alchemy

alchemy

I think I know that black '39 tudor.

6. Fedman

Fedman

What a Beautiful backdrop for some Cool Pics of Hot Rods!
    Thanks for sharing.

7. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

Thanks - good times

8. AVater

AVater
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Connecticut HAMB'ers

Nice photos. Was that a 42 Merc? Pretty rare. Thank you for sharing so many nice cars in a great setting.

9. 41 mopar

41 mopar

As always great eye. Awesome pics. Thanks again for the computer help. Made the day better. Kudos.

10. fortiesfords

fortiesfords
    from Kansas

Great pics as always. What is the story behind the black 40 convertible, since I have one that I am working on?

11. Very fun time viewing the pics.....thanks a bunch! Tim

12. travisfromkansas

travisfromkansas

I honestly know nothing about it, I will ask.

13. Gearhead Graphics

Gearhead Graphics
    from Denver Co

Sure wish my truck would have cooperated and I could have made it up for that.