Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects A 1933 Ford 5w coupe from a 4 door sedan...

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Fordgasser1, Jun 4, 2011.

1. Check out Rotten Leonard for seats, they are well priced. HAMB discount too.

wedjim likes this.
  2. Fordgasser1

Fordgasser1
    from Jersey

i have looked at his seats a bunch of times..Very nice and priced right..my opinion too nice for this roached 33 of mine.

345 and Runnin shine like this.
  3. Mart

Mart

Hey! That's great news!

Mart.

4. Fordgasser1

Fordgasser1
    from Jersey

Just got back from a much needed weeks vacation but blew my back out at work!. Got a little bit done tonight..Here's how it looks With the hood and headlights on.. IMG_1777-2.jpg

5. brady1929

brady1929

6. Runnin shine

Runnin shine

All I see is the racing #666!

Last edited: Aug 18, 2015
  7. Looking badass man!! cant wait to see pictures of it at TROG!!!

8. onekoolkat1950

onekoolkat1950

I'm in love .... Can't wait to lineup against you on the sand!

Fordgasser1 likes this.
  9. Looks awesome, it'll be a blast to see it in person at TROG! I agree, it deserves number 666 on the sides. It looks so bad ass.

-Chris

10. 40Standard

40Standard
    from Indy

can't believe how well that 4 door turned out

11. -Brent-

-Brent-

Thanks for this build thread. It was really neat seeing your skills progress. This car is SHARP. Really nice work.

12. jerseyboy

jerseyboy

That one's already been taken. A roadster that ran in the 1st TROG was running 666.

13. Runnin shine

Runnin shine

I know, I've seen the car. I was just indirectly describing the car as "Evil" which I already recently described another car. I don't want to get called out for being redundant.

14. Fordgasser1

Fordgasser1
    from Jersey

Thanks for all the compliments guys!..I really appreciate them..I already have my number 36c which #36 has been on all my race cars for the last few years..Kinda my lucky number..Gotta get back out in the shop and get some work done, Later! George

15. Pete

Pete

16. Fordgasser1

Fordgasser1
    from Jersey

I'll take that as a compliment ,Thanks Pete!..Looking forward to lining up with the Torrnados iron this year!

17. Fordgasser1

Fordgasser1
    from Jersey

After alot of small issues the new Flattie is on my homemade run-in stand and RUNNING!.My original plan was to run a set of vintage 59A style Offy heads but when I checked valve to head clearances they were hitting in some of the valve pockets and the piston to head clearance was tight even with a thick copper head gasket. These old heads were milled at some time which tightened everything up.With TROG time approaching ,I could've ground the heads out for clearance or had the machine shop flycut the valve pockets,I decided to use an untouched set of Offys instead and the clearances were much better,little work was necessary. Got the motor on the stand and couldn't get any oil pressure up cranking it over with no plugs in! I removed the oil pressure fitting from top /rear of block and poured oil in the passage,Voila! 30 psi of oil pressure just cranking over with starter! .Hooked everything up,put some gas to it,ignition on and she lit right off first shot! My excitement was soon over when I could hear the starter still engaged and grinding on the flywheel!.Tried another starter fixed that issue but then I noticed water leaking from the dual pulley water pumps(these were used and I figured i try them)..Pulled them off,took them apart today and rebuilt them..No leaks! Ha!Had her running on the stand for the last hour at about 2500 rpms to break the motor in..70 psi of oil pressure and temp stayed around 180 degrees..She sure sounded SWEEET! 013.JPG 016.JPG

brEad and wedjim like this.
  18. Dick Stevens

Dick Stevens

Cool, just have to love it when it all comes together! :cool::D

19. 3banjos

3banjos
    from NZ

Thats a pretty special effort for sure. Well done.

20. 62hotcat

62hotcat

sounds good from my house.

Fordgasser1 likes this.
  21. wedjim

wedjim
    from Kissimmee

Sounds like a typical day in our world! Looking awesome though! Glad to hear it all got worked out, knuckles in tact !....so far.

22. Fordgasser1

Fordgasser1
    from Jersey

Got the "race" flattie in the car the other day. Needed to fix a few minor issues, a few leaks and a problem with clutch releasing which was solved by cutting and lengthening the adjuster an inch.Made some dump tubes off the headers and finished wiring the car. Some race numbers added for TROG..Drove it around the neighborhood a bit..Lots more to do before October! Still don't have any seats! Did traditional hotrodders ever use a milk crate for a seat??ha ha! George
    010.JPG

brEad, thommoina33, 1952B3b23 and 3 others like this.
  23. Runnin shine

Runnin shine

Even with milk crates it be one of my all time favorite builds!

24. Fordgasser1

Fordgasser1
    from Jersey

Thanks Runnin Shine!..

Anyone got a cool seat to lend me for TROG?? Bomber, tudor sedan bucket seat,military seat.PM Me!!! I'm desperate,no time to make one!

25. It is turning out so great! I'm sorry I can't help with a seat!

26. Fordgasser1

Fordgasser1
    from Jersey

Thanks Cactus..Its all good bro!..If I have to strap a friggin' 1950's lawn chair in this damn thing I will to make TROG!

27. Runnin shine

Runnin shine

George... I got'm!

28. Mart

Mart

It looks great, George. Good think about running on a beach - nobody minds if it drips a bit of water. Can't help with the seats, I put some early MGB buckets in my roadster - they look good.

Mart.

29. Fordgasser1

Fordgasser1
    from Jersey

Thanks Mart!.. may have the seat dilema solved at least for TROG. I was looking at some old MG seats myself but they were really pricey!

30. mike bowling

mike bowling

Dodge Caravan middle seat ( not the back) fits perfect ( 50+/- bucks at a junkyard)- at least you'd have a place to sit for TROG; strip all the junk off ( headrests, etc.) and throw a blanket over it?
    Car is WAY over the top-nice job!

Last edited: Sep 10, 2015