Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods drink holders

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by revkev6, Sep 10, 2015.

1. That's what I use. HRP

grifcarnut and Merlin like this.
  2. revkev6

revkev6
    from ma

hmm.. this particular box is rather ugly, but could be a basis for a cool dual purpose item. my wife has been bugging me to get a lunchbox instead of using bags.. something like this could work and be my cupholder too... size it right so it holds a sixer for beer storage as well

[​IMG]

3. FAST AND CHEAP!!!
    I had same problem. Found the simplest solution.

Took a one gallon rectangular can - this one had thinner I think. Laid in on its front (or back) and cut out the front (or back) of the can. Ending up with a rectangular container with four sides and a bottom surface. Folded over the edges of the can to prevent cuts. Screwed the can to the floor of our roadster right in front of the seat - between seat and floor shift. Will easily hold two cups, bottles, change, etc.

Looks the part in our old school spartan interior.....

4. They actually used to make a deal that people put on the hump in their car that held tissue and a couple of drinks or a littler bag and a couple of drinks. They have been around as long as I have so they would apply to at least part of the traditional era.

5. [​IMG]
    Can you bolt an empty can down somewhere?

SicSpeed and tb33anda3rd like this.
  6. Bruce Lancaster

Bruce Lancaster
    Member Emeritus

Early Ford oriented design:
    Invisible when not in use...seriously cheap...what you can see is exactly as old as the rest of your ride...
    Measure your coffee, favorite drinks, etc. Establish a reasonable circular hole size that will establish them in a vertical position.
    Flip your rug forward from rear edge or corners. Look around beneath your floor and find an area occupied by air or smoke rather than battery, brake fluid, gasoline, etc.
    Get out a hole saw of your chosen diameter and construct a hole there.
    Save the anti-hole and screw sheetmetal to its upper surface, projecting beyond the wood by an inch or so. It can now be removed and replaced without tools.
    If there is nothing down there that you fear, a simple steel strap jogged down between ends -__- screwed to floorboards will do as a lower support member. If flames, rocks, and flattened fauna bother you, make a cup-like lower cover...perhaps simple a large size cat food can held up there by long screws. Drop in your cup, drive, drink, repeat.
    When done, hurl empty cup at windshield of passing cell phone jerk, drop in your hole filler, and flip rug down.
    If you make a second one of these right over the header pipe, you can set your styrofoam cup there when it is empty and it will slowly lower itself through the floor and transform into nothing at all, providing material for philosophical reflection on the transience of all but old Fords.

pitman, Hnstray, Drunk Man and 3 others like this.
  7. MO_JUNK

MO_JUNK
    from Rolla, Mo.

Well, I do everything on the cheap. I used an old center cap from an aftermarket wheel. The kind that pushes through from the back. I used a screw and mounted it to a round magnet from an old CB antenna. It holds a variety of sizes of convenience store cups and they will not turn over. Those magnets are strong. Requires a steel floorboard though. I like the duct tape idea.

8. revkev6

revkev6
    from ma

or put a hook on it.. hmmm

9. czuch az

czuch az

Man, You guys are high tech. The impala lights are totally bitchen and Mr. Lancaster's idea competes with my rust.
    I just drilled a straw size hole and an itty bitty hole next to it in a costco size mayo container.
    If it falls over, just a little spills out.
    Learned that when the Turkey and coke went everywhere in a rollover once,
    BUT THAT, was a different time and another story.

10. Now you are talking about a real drink holder. I worked with a guy once that bought a brand new reservoir for his windshield washer and kept it filled with jack, he ran a tube under his dash and when he wanted a drink he would just squirt it into his cup. :D

11. Dennis D

Dennis D

There has got to be at least a million jokes here........D

Model T1 likes this.
  12. czuch az

czuch az

Mr. Beaner, I'm 30 years, and 1 CDL away from thinkin thats a GREAT IDEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

13. GeezersP15

GeezersP15
    from N.E. PA

My son-in-law had a couple of Cadillac pistons milled out inside to create cupholders. Haven't installed them yet, but looks like they'll work OK.

14. Cup holders...yes, they're discussing cup holders...:rolleyes:

15. jcmarz

jcmarz
    from Chino, Ca

16. nwbhotrod

nwbhotrod
    from wash state

Really are we really talking about cup holders it used to be pussy and cars

TagMan and Model T1 like this.
  17. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

So we've matured..:D

Model T1 likes this.
  18. G V Gordon

G V Gordon
    from Enid OK

19. jcmarz

jcmarz
    from Chino, Ca

This is not the first thread on cup holders. Even Ryan posted a thread about cup holders. Do a search.

20. My buddy has a kuze with a magnet on it picked it up at a gas station. Or a walk through the junk yard would probably help come up with something.

21. ROBERT JAM

ROBERT JAM

Duct tape ,easy to install, no damage when removed,can be used for ton of other things,it's a perfect solution to holding your drinks going down the road.

22. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

I don't know about the cat part, but this does pertain to cars...and I don't think you can tell us you've never had a similar situation trying to hold a drink while you drive, right...???

R-

23. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

Naaaaaaaaaaaa.:D

24. This thread must be for all the guys who have their suspension nice and soft and not running those potato shape bias tires.:D

Hnstray and Jet96 like this.
  25. Bratton's has one for A's that fastens under the dash. I heated and straightened the bracket and bolted it to my bench seat frame. Sits between seat and shifter.

26. 50pontiacguy

50pontiacguy

I use a pair of old shoes, Velcroed to the floor works great!

Hotdoggin DaddyO and Jet96 like this.
  27. acadian_carguy

acadian_carguy

I made one out of wood.

Attached Files:

28. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

Had to laugh about the duct tape. i've been using a roll of yellow D T so long, it has almost dry rotted. couldn't use it if you wanted to.. works great

29. Time for a tech week special on drink holders.:)

patmanta likes this.
  30. You have to OIL beavers now?
    Sheesh!

falcongeorge and Model T1 like this.