Register now to get rid of these ads!

Help ID these cars?

Discussion in 'H.A.M.B. Drag Nationals' started by Bigcheese327, Sep 1, 2015.

1. Bigcheese327

Bigcheese327

I'm writing a piece for Hemmings Motor News on the HAMB Drags using some pics Lucky77 shot. I need to ID the car owners and hometowns for captions. Any help is appreciated.

[​IMG]

The only thing I know about this Dodge rollback is that the owner’s name may be Seth.

[​IMG]

Looks like “Risky Business” is a ’51 Chevy business coupe with a bored-out 283, but Googling “George Hill Blacksmith Shop” didn’t get me anywhere.

[​IMG]

I’ve spoken with Kevin Dark about his Falcon, but leads on the Valiant would be appreciated.

[​IMG]

What little I can see of the grille surround makes me think this is a ’53 Chevy, but I could be mistaken.

[​IMG]

You wouldn’t think there would be that many Hudson Jet drag cars around, but I haven’t found any other pictures of this one, nor any leads as to the owner or what the technical details might be. Info on the Model A is also needed.

[​IMG]

I’d be happy to ID the owners of the ’57 Chevy along with the English Fords, although if you know any of the background cars, that information would be welcome too.

[​IMG]

Other shots show this ’58 Corvette with a GMC-style blower sticking through the hood and five-spoke mags. Other than that, I can’t glean any more information.

[​IMG]

This ’55 Chevy has “Infidel” lettered on the door above a Maltese Cross.

[​IMG]

Anybody know the blue ’40 Ford or the red-and-white ’56 Bel Air?

[​IMG]

Here’s the Infidel ’55 again along with a dark-gray Willys coupe. An ID on either would be great.

Thanks again!

2. Butch M

Butch M

The red and white 56 chevy is from hear in Wichita Kansas it belongs to Jim Kelly

3. Bigcheese327

Bigcheese327

4. ryno

ryno

send a pm to ryan, hell have the drivers info pre car number.

5. Bigcheese327

Bigcheese327

I will try to glean car numbers from other photos.

6. primer31

primer31
    from Aurora, CO

The 53 chevy with the brown fender belongs to my buddy, Jay Bell from Littleton CO. BBC powered.

Bigcheese327 likes this.
  7. Bigcheese327

Bigcheese327

8. gassers99

gassers99
    from skiatook

9. gassers99

gassers99
    from skiatook

10. gassers99

gassers99
    from skiatook

51 Chevy,,Craig Ferrier,,cartledge mo.......black Anglia is jim coons,,iowa....61 valiant,,John Simpson,,k.s.......gray 52 Anglia,,Scott mercer,,skiatook,ok.....all outlaw gasser members,,,thanks for the pictures!

11. Bigcheese327

Bigcheese327

Thanks for the references. Unfortunately, everything has gone to print now. Look for the November issue on newsstands in the near future!