Register now to get rid of these ads!

The Race of Gentlemen, 2015

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dirtyest Devil, Dec 17, 2014.

1. orangeamcs

orangeamcs

This event is very stressful and exciting at the same time. You stress about getting your car in. Then get all excited about actually being accepted. This is followed by the realization that you actually have to finish the car your building and hope and pray it stays together to be beat on all weekend. But at the end of the day anyone who runs down the beach is a winner regardless if they win or lose. I keep having to explain to friends that it is jot about being the fastest (for me anyways) but it's about being there!

2. Fordgasser1

Fordgasser1
    from Jersey

You hit the nail on the head.. Getting accepted and then getting the car done is quite the challenge..Sure,we all want to be the fastest,but running down the beach is awesome no matter how fast or not so fast you go..
    It seems we're all thrashing at the moment.I just cut the windshield for mine and glued it into the frame tonight..Doubt I'll have time to put side windows in it for the race,more important stuff to get done..Best advice is to bring as many spare parts as you can bring and tools to do the job so you're not standing on the sidelines. Thats what I'm doing..

3. T__N__A

T__N__A

Here is last year's last minute thrashing, found out I had a cracked head so I put on my OHV conversion in the parking lot. Here is what the car looked like the Friday night before the races Saturday morning

Attached Files:

4. Pete

Pete

Mike,
    I remember that.....I was like,,, no way
    Than I saw you on the sand racing

5. ELD

ELD

The 4th Annual Race of Gentlemen, the line up so far.....

Welcome to the 4th Annual Trog Line-up, Adam King hailing from the great white North. "Over the wall Adam" as he's know to his close friends, was one of our crazy 8's riders at The Frozen Few event last March. Adam is riding a '43 Harley Davidson WLC 45C.I.
    [​IMG]

Welcome to the 4th Annual Trog line-up, Tyler Hardie from Denver, in his '31 Ford Roadster 4 banger
    [​IMG]

Welcome to the 4th Annual Trog line-up, Adam Hipple from Waterman, Illinois in his '31 Ford Coupe 4 banger
    [​IMG]

Welcome to the r4th Annual Trog line-up, Bob Freleve from Long Island NY in his '29 Ford Roadster 4 banger
    [​IMG]

Welcome to the 4th Annual Trog Line-up, Brian Cholerton from Islip Terrance, NY in his '30 Ford Speedster 200c.i. Banger
    [​IMG]

Welcome to the 4th Annual Trog Line-up, Steve Pugner from Portsmouth, Virginia in a zippy 1925 Ford Speedster 4Banger
    [​IMG]

Welcome to the 4th Annual Trog Line-up, Josh Kohn from Jugtown Mountian, NJ in his '31 Ford A Coupe
    [​IMG]

Welcome to the 4th Annual Trog Line-up, Pete Minardi from East Hanover, NJ on his '31 Indian 101 Scout
    [​IMG]

Welcome to the 4th Annual Trog Line-up, Chris Price from Atlanta Georgia racing his '41 Indian Scout
    [​IMG]

Welcome to the 4th Annual Trog Line-up, Lisa English, from Pittsfeld, N.H driving a '29 Ford Roadster Flathead V8 239c.i.
    [​IMG]
    Welcome to the 4th Annual Trog Line-up, Jennifer Sheets from Hagerstown, Maryland riding a '47 Harley-Davidson Knucklehead 74C.I.
    [​IMG]

Welcome to the 4th Annual Trog Line-up, Ken Schmidt from Greenfield Center, NY driving his '33 Ford Coupe Flathead V8
    [​IMG]

Welcome to the 4th Annual Trog line-up, Jessi Combs the fastest woman on four wheels, from Hoffman Estates, Illinois, driving the Craftsman Tools/Oilers CC/MC built Ford 999 inspired 1913 Twin T. Jessi may know the thrill of going 300 mph, but that ain't got nothin' on the thrill of a twin T rail job with an ocean spray in your face.
    [​IMG]

Welcome to the 4th Annual Trog line-up, Anthony Carpentier from Monmouth Beach, NJ riding a '39 Harley Davidson WL 45C.I.
    [​IMG]

You know him, you love him, you want to take him home, welcome to the 4th Annual Trog line-up Bobby Green from ROG Central West in Burbank, Ca. Bobby's gonna whip it real good in this just finished Overland Whippet/Alexander Banger
    [​IMG]

6. nosdan

nosdan

Going to be another epic weekend with a bunch of cool kats!

7. ELD

ELD

The 4th Annual Race of Gentlemen, the line-up continues.....

Behind that smile and glint in his eye is a man of determination, welcome to the 4th Annual TROG line-up Bruce "Guts" Gordon from Newton, NJ piloting a '28 Ford A Roadster 4banger 200C.I.
    [​IMG]

The man with a plan, fresh from the Hot Rod Hill Climb, welcome to the 4th Annual TROG line-up Bryan McCann hailing from Denver, Colorado driving a '28 Ford A Roadster Flathead V8 239C.I.
    [​IMG]

He's got the steel eye stare of a gunslinger at high noon, Welcome to the 4th Annual TROG line-up Craig Metros outta Detroit, Michigan pointing a '31 Ford A Coupe Flathead V8 straight down the track.
    [​IMG]

That large gate ain't to keep people out, it's to keep him in, welcome to the 4th Annual TROG line-up Flathead Jedd from Crash Inn, California straddling a stinging '47 #Harley-Davidson UL 80C.I.
    [​IMG]

A villainous character, welcome to the 4th Annual TROG line-up, Justin "Hollywood" Altman from Pennellville, N.Y. will barrel down the beach in a '28 Ford A Roadster Flathead V8 239C.I.
    [​IMG]

A hotbed of American hot rods and customs, Norway is repin' welcome to the 4th Annual TROG line-up, Jan-Ove Freitag from Sem City, Norway in his dazzlin' '32 Ford Roadster Flathead Cadillac 346C.I.
    [​IMG]

A dapper beardo, welcome to the 4th Annual TROG line-up Jason Haas, from the original home of Henry Ford and the world headquarters of the Ford Motor Company Dearborn, Michigan in his '26 Ford tall 'T' Coupe 4banger 177c.i.
    [​IMG]

Going flat out flat-top, welcome to the 4th Annual TROG line-up Josh Fredette from Derry, N.H. in his stripped down 5 window '34 Ford Coupe Flathead V8 274C.I.
    [​IMG]

The McCann's, they come in mile high DeLuxe package, welcome to the 4th Annual TROG line-up hot off the Hot Rod Hill Climb Mark McCann, out of Brighton, Colorado chompin' at the bit with his stompin' '28 Ford A Roadster 4banger.
    [​IMG]

A chief amongst a mass of warriors, welcome to the 4th Annual TROG line-up Mark Phelan from East Taunton Massachusetts in his not so mellow yellow '15 Ford T Roadster banging a torqued 4banger
    [​IMG]

8. that is too cool.
    i feel the need to collect the whole set. do they packs come with bubble gum?:):cool:

9. Pete

Pete

Nice.....looking good

10. continentaljohn

continentaljohn

Sweet looks like a killer line up!

11. Pete

Pete

Looking forward to JD McPherson and the bonfire.....and Jessi Combs....hubba hubba

flash likes this.
  12. onekoolkat1950

onekoolkat1950

Looking forward to 8hrs of sleep after my car is done.

CrazyUncleHarry and flash like this.
  13. T__N__A

T__N__A

Hell ya!! Loading 4/5 pallets at a time!!

14. ELD

ELD

A man of mystery and intrigue, welcome to the 4th Annual ‪‎TROG‬ line-up Matt Miller from New Egypt, NJ powering a '46 Harley-Davidson WL 45C.I.
    [​IMG]

A spiffy butter and egg man, welcome to the 4th Annual TROG line-up Matt Picaro from Cream Ridge, NJ in this '27 Chevy single seater Ford/Riley banger hayburner
    [​IMG]

A man of dash-fire he won't get his tail down, welcome to the 4th Annual TROG line-up Matt Walksler from Maggie Valley, N.C. on a fizzing '16 Harley-Davidson J cutdown 61c.i.
    [​IMG]

Beady eyed with addi-tood, welcome to the 4th Annual TROG line-up, Michael McElwee from Philadelphia, PA. on a '45 Harley-Davidson WL 45C.I.
    [​IMG]

Snoopy once called him Ace, welcome to the 4th Annual TROG line-up Moray Callum from Ann Arbor, Michigan, driving a '32 Ford Coupe Flathead V8
    [​IMG]

One tough cookie, welcome to the 4th Annual TROG line-up Pete Flaven from Boston, Mass scooting down the beach in a '31 Ford A Coupe Flathead V8
    [​IMG]

Never look him directly in the eye, he's a pit bull, welcome to the 4th Annual TROG line-up Ray Prue from Epsom, New Hampshire in a '27 Ford T Roadster Flathead V8
    [​IMG]

They come in threes, Deluxe Speed Shop empty's the shop. welcome to the 4th Annual TROG line-up Scott McCann, the dapperest of the three, from Westminster, Colorado driving a '32 Ford Roadster Flathead V8
    [​IMG]

The intimidator, if looks could kill there'd be a whole lot of dead sand slingers, welcome to the 4th Annual TROG line-up Sushi coming all the way from Tokyo, Japan he'll be chewing gum and taking names in this familiar '30 Ford A Roadster.
    [​IMG]

Don't let him give you the shuffle, welcome to the 4th Annual TROG line-up Tim Evers from Kansas City, Missouri rolling in a '32 Ford Coupe Flathead V8 221C.I.
    [​IMG]

True grit, welcome to the 4th Annual TROG line-up Tom McIntyre in a '32 Ford Coupe Flathead V8 241C.I.
    [​IMG]

15. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67
    from J Town

I bought a pair of shoes from 1930 at a yard sale over the summer , can I just run down the beach:p
    I'm pretty sure the laces are original!

Crusty Chevy, ELD and 62hotcat like this.
  16. brady1929

brady1929

I wish I could go. It is going to be so cool.

17. lockwoodkustoms

lockwoodkustoms

18. chiro

chiro

Same here, but I'm not racing. Mine will be jalopy status. Trying like heck to just get it together to drive it there. It will have to come apart again during the winter, but hopefully I will at least drive it to TROG.

Andy

19. ELD

ELD

He casts a long shadow, welcome to the 4th Annual TROG line-up Oilers Club member Elrod from Dallas, Texas in a killer '31 Ford A Coupe sporting a Flathead V8
    [​IMG]

Go man Go! The beach lays ahead of you, welcome to the 4th Annual TROG line-up Go Takamine all the way from Long Beach, Ca. blasting on a '41 Indian Chief
    [​IMG]

Watch out for this whippersnapper he's on a mission, welcome to the 4th Annual TROG line-up Jeff Mikus from Heidelberg, PA. driving a '30 Ford A Coupe 4-banger
    [​IMG]

Welcome to the 4t Annual TROG lineup, Daisuke Koda, Coming all the way from Japan!! Our man Koda!! This car won the Old Crow Speed Shop favorite pick last year at the Mooneyes Hot Rod custom show in Yokahoma and was invited to exhibition race at TROG this year. The "slogan" car was very popular amongst American youth in the 20's and this car relives that brief moment in reckless automotive history!
    [​IMG]

Don't be fooled by that disarming smile, behind it is a fierce competitor, welcome to the 4th Annual TROG line-up Matt Cholerton from Islip, New York in his '28 Ford Speedster 4 banger 200c.i.
    [​IMG]

Welcome to the 4th Annual TROG line-up Mike Silvio of Red Boiling Springs, Tenn. riding '47 Harley-Davidson Kuckle the owner of Cyclemos Motorcycle Museum you'll want to pick his brain.
    [​IMG]

Don't trifle with this guy, welcome to the 4th Annual TROG line-up Todd Bailey from Sinking Spring, Penn. driving a '27 Ford T Roadster 4 banger
    [​IMG]

He's a double threat, Todd Bailey from Sinking Spring, Penn. also running a '47 Harley-Davidson Flathead 45C.I.
    [​IMG]

kidcampbell71 and tb33anda3rd like this.
  20. Pete

Pete

Nice line up, keep'm coming!

21. H.R.charlie

H.R.charlie

Just a tip if you are looking for rooms at TROG . Try VRBO.com. It is a property rental site that has some nice roomy properties at very reasonable rates. See ya there!

22. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

Great line up, wish that I could run ;). Keep the pix coming looking forward to see the rest of the breed.

23. orangeamcs

orangeamcs

24. six pack to go

six pack to go
    from new jersey

I might drive the 34 down......

CrazyUncleHarry likes this.
  25. ELD

ELD

Sorry the only left turn is at the end of the strip, welcome to the 4th Annual ‪TROG‬ line-up Artie Conk from Summit, NJ driving the '33 Sprint Car "White Phantom" Ford 4banger
    In 2009 Artie purchased and restored Sam Alperti’s 1933 Eastern Outlaw Championship-winning White Phantom
    [​IMG]

Tag team, welcome to the 4th Annual ‪TROG‬ line-up Bill and Dagny Gallo on a '46 Harley-Davidson WL Solo 45c.i.
    [​IMG]

A dastardly dapper Gentleman, welcome to the 4th Annual ‪TROG‬ line-up Brian Williams from San Francisco, Calf. piloting a '30 Ford A Roadster Flathead V8
    [​IMG]

His name strikes fear in the hearts of competitors, welcome to the 4th Annual ‪TROG‬ line-up Clay Slaughter from Santa Cruz, California in a '23 Ford T Roadster Flathead V8
    [​IMG]

Exuding steel-eyed confidence, welcome to the 4th Annual TROG line-up Daniel Youngs from Schaefferstown, Pa. In a '29 Ford A Roadster 4-banger
    [​IMG]

Two sets of handlebars, welcome to the 4th Annual TROG line-up Dave Bocchiaro from West Milford, NJ straddling a '41 Harley-Davidson WLDR 45c.i.
    [​IMG]

We expect a Thrilla from Brilla welcome to the 4th Annual TROG line-up, Dennis Brilla from Plantsville, Conn. on his '33 Indian Chief 74c.i.
    [​IMG]

A uniquely qualified Gent, welcome to the 4th Annual TROG line-up Ed Jakubowski from West Milford, NJ on a '47 Harley-Davidson 45c.i.
    [​IMG]

He's one hepcat in a Jeff cap, welcome to the 4th Annual TROG line-up George F. Gudat III from Toms River, NJ driving a '33 Ford Coupe Flathead V8
    [​IMG]

Big Kahuna, welcome to the 4th Annual #trog line-up Jim Loughlin from Jamesburg, NJ in a '26 Ford Speedster Flathead V8
    [​IMG]

High flying, welcome to the 4th Annual TROG line-up Jim Seidell from Westhampton, Mass. On his '46 Indian Chief Bonneville 74 c.i.
    [​IMG]

Tall in the saddle, welcome to the 4th Annual #trog line-up Lars Mapstead from Santa Cruz, Ca. in the largely unrestored Donato & Barris "Bronze Flame" '31 Model A Roadster Flathead V8
    [​IMG]

He knows his onions, welcome to the 4th Annual #trog line-up Matthew Thenin from Lexington, Mass. on a '41 Harley-Davidson WLDR Racer 45c.i.
    [​IMG]

Here's looking at you, welcome to the 4th Annual #trog line-up Mike Bogart from Troy, Ohio in a '31Ford A Roadster 4-banging hayburner.
    [​IMG]

26. ELD

ELD

Blistering Barnacles old timer! Welcome to the 4th Annual TROG line-up Nick Hardie from Holland, Michigan with a '32 Ford 3window Flathead V8 286c.i.
    [​IMG]

Ten-thousand Thundering Typhoons! Welcome to the 4th Annual TROG line-up Phred Hollister from St. Charles, Illinois in our first '28 Ford Phaeton 4-banger
    [​IMG]

By the sceptre of Ottokar! Welcome to the 4th Annual TROG line-up Pat Cronin from Wall, NJ driving a '30 Ford Roadster Flathead V8 239c.i.
    [​IMG]

X my Y's and A my B's! Welcome to the 4th Annual TROG line-up Paul Kisarewich from Ocean City NJ in a '30 Ford Coupe 200c.i. 4 banger
    [​IMG]

Needle nardle noo! Welcome to the 4th Annual TROG line-up Peter Fontana from Switzerland in a '32 Ford Coupe Flathead V8 296c.i.
    [​IMG]

Suffering succotash! Welcome to the 4th Annual TROG line-up Roderick Davis from Dubois, Illinois riding a '37 Harley-Davidson UH Flathead 74c.i.
    [​IMG]

Shiver me timbers! Welcome to the 4th Annual TROG line-up Ryan Mackey from Cleveland, Ohio on a '42 Harley-Davidson WLA 45c.i.
    [​IMG]

He's the bees knees! Welcome to the 4th Annual TROG line-up Sam Baker from Ocean View, NJ sporting a '15 Ford Speedster 4-banger
    [​IMG]

Whoa Nelly! Welcome to the 4th Annual TROG line-up Scott Sheehan from Bay City Michigan in a '30 Ford A Roadster Flathead V8 265C.I.
    [​IMG]

Shuffle the deck chairs! Welcome to the 4th Annual TROG line-up Thomas Berry from Orlando, Fla. in a '30 Ford Roadster 4-banger
    [​IMG]

Whoop-De-Doo! Welcome to the 4th Annual #trog line-up Warren Heir Jr. from Milwaukee, Wisconsin on a '47 Harley-Davidson WL 45c.i.
    [​IMG]

Rock around the clock! Welcome to the 4th Annual #trog line-up Willy Wilcox from Vail, Colorado in a '28 Ford Roadster P.U Flathead V8 255c.i.
    [​IMG]

27. ELD

ELD

Razzle dazzle! Welcome to the 4th Annual TROG line-up Alan Cournoyer from Dorchester, Mass. on a '42 Harley-Davidson WLA 45c.i.
    [​IMG]

yippie yi yo kayah! Welcome to the 4th Annual TROG line-up Brittney Olsen from Aberdeen, S.D. on a '28 Harley-Davidson 1of1 50c.i.
    [​IMG]

Shazam! Welcome to the 4th Annual TROG line-up "Flash" Dowers from Boston, Mass. in a '28 Ford A Roadster PU Flathead V8 265c.i.
    [​IMG]

Well blow me down! Welcome to the 4th Annual TROG line-up Greg Cunningham from Chattanooga, Tenn. in a '28 Ford Roadster 4-banger 232.5 c.i.
    [​IMG]

How sweet it is! Welcome to the 4th Annual TROG line-up Jay Sweet from Chester N.H. in a '30 Ford A Coupe Flathead V8
    [​IMG]

Great balls of fire! Welcome to the 4th Annual TROG line-up Mike Santiago from Mt. Vernon, Washington in a Ford Single-seat Speedster 4-banger
    [​IMG]

Listen all! This is the truth of it. Lawn chairs lead to lethargy, and lethargy gets to boredom. And that was damn near the death of the scene. Look at us now! Revving up, and everyone talking about racing on sand! But we've learned, by the dust of them all... Troglodytes learned. Now, when we get to racing, it happens here! And it finishes here! Two racers enter; one racer leaves. Now we got a man changing the ways. Ladies and Gentlemen, you know him you love him, you want to take him home! The Maestro of Motor Mayhem! Welcome to the 4th Annual TROG line-up Meldon V.R. Stultz from Neptune, NJ on. '38 Harley-Davidson UL Flathead
    [​IMG]

Yabba dabba do! Welcome to the 4th Annual TROG line-up Paul Reichlin from Mt. Vernon, Washington in a '29 Ford A Coupe Flathead V8
    [​IMG]

Bongo Bongo Bonkers! Welcome to the 4th Annual TROG line-up Petey Dobosz from an undisclosed location in the armpit of NJ in a '29 Ford A Roadster with a....?
    [​IMG]

Be-bop-a-lula! Welcome to the 4th Annual TROG line-up Vicki Scheller from Butler, Pa. riding a '42 Harley-Davidson WL 45c.i.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 16, 2015
    tb33anda3rd likes this.
  28. prpmmp

prpmmp

Can't wait!! Wish I could look that Cool!!! Pete

29. Pete

Pete

Dude....wheres peteys motor???? Lol