Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Stolen Metalworking Equipment and 32 Parts

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Kiwi Tinbender, Aug 29, 2015.

1. 333tinman

333tinman
    from MASS.

2. NORSON

NORSON

I put it up on the metal working sites.
    Norm

3. Kiwi Tinbender

Kiwi Tinbender

Hey, Marshall.....I`ll make sure I have the right info on that before I get in touch. I`ll get a PM out to you as soon as I know......

4. pumpman

pumpman

5. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

6. Saw this on metal meet. Makes me sick!

7. blackout78666

blackout78666

Death to thieves. My shop was broken into and about 6k worth of stuff was stolen including a colt 1911 I inherited from my father in law when he passed away. Was the most helpless infuriating feeling I had ever had. Managed to get 1/2 of the stuff back including the pistol but the shop now has more cameras then a walmart. I hate hearing about this stuff happening. I sincerely hope you get your stuff back. Good luck

8. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

They only got me for about a grand. But they took my torches, I'd had them since I was a teenager, and torches are kind of "personal". It was kind of funny, I didn't realize they had taken them right away.
    When they first broke in, I was out in the shop looking around, and I was pretty casual about the whole thing, they took a Sawzall, a 1/2" chuck drill, and a box of pullers. I was upset about the pullers cause they were old, but I was taking it in stride.
    So I am out there the next day, and my wife is in the kitchen with the window open, all of a sudden she hears a stream of profanity, and I am stomping around yelling and swearing. Shes like "what the heck is the matter with you??!" "THEY TOOK MY #@$%*&^ TORCHES!!! I'M GONNA @#$%*&% KILL THEM!!!:eek::rolleyes:

9. The37Kid

The37Kid

Back to the top, Hope everything turns up. Bob

10. slddnmatt

slddnmatt

Sorry to hear about this, ill keep my eyes and ears open out this way.. Hate friggin thieves....

11. raidmagic

raidmagic

What the secret about the name of the shop?

12. personal experience tells me they will return in a month or two, they know you will replace them to continue to make a living. if you didn't have it before get an alarm system and hook it up to your phone.

13. ....and a gun

belair likes this.
  14. D.N.D.

D.N.D.
    Member Emeritus

And install some hidden beams outside where they would break in, then it will light off the alarm before they even get to your building

With some big flood lights and a bad ass siren that will scare the hell out of them when it comes on in the middle of the night

Last edited: Sep 5, 2015
  15. Kiwi Tinbender

Kiwi Tinbender

As far as not naming the shop or fellow concerned.......I don`t have his blessing on these posts yet, and I want to at least preserve what is left of his shattered privacy. Most guys in the Boise and surrounding areas know who this is, as the Hot Rod grapevine is lightning fast, especially if it is dialed in on Bad News. I am waiting for some updates, and will be able to fill you guys in next week after I know more.........Just keep your eyes and ears open.......If you would.....

pitman likes this.
  16. Sorry to read this Paul, hope it works out. I hate thieves. JW

17. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

Stolen to order!

18. Perfect ! To do so you'd be inviting every reader of this thread a view into his shop, and as many know its often not the viewer but someone connected to the viewer that is the problem.

19. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

Having been ripped off many times, I know it sucks BIG TIME! Getting ripped off can even be by having a website with pix of products and someone stealing your nomenclature and intellectual property, making a dupe of the product and listing on eBay as someone has done with our t-shirts, a very crappy resolution of our artwork as we have their product as evidence that we never authorized. Hence no more website for us, just Kustomrama, If they steal it off of there, Sondre will equally be pissed.
    I've had cash stole out of my house and many tools and car parts along the way, as a kid a few bikes. My vintage 555 single axle trailer was the worst as it was lent to a the guy I actually got it from and stolen with our tandem axle trailers plate as well.:(:mad:
    Each item was ready identifiable, don't ask me how on the cash, but it was someone I knew who recently became homeless. They've moved far across the country now........ Most of the time a theft occurs by someone who befriends you or you've known for a while and likes-jealous of what you have worked so hard to attain.
    I don't exactly know what they're thinking by taking your stuff, but you always recognize what you have worked so hard to get or achieve. Karma is what most of these thieves have happen. Their lives turn to even more poop than it was before. People talk and will never trust them, in the end they end up hurting their self.
    Soo BTTT with this tread and keep it up there.
    CK.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2015
    pitman likes this.
  20. You hate to be this way, but I have a "no vistor" policy in my shop . It might not be the guy who visits, but he tells someone else and they tell someone else. Terrible world when you can't be sociable with people or fellow car lovers, but that is the way it is today. I even have had customers ask to bring friends over to visit. My response is they are not welcomed , I am sorry .
    X2

INVISIBLEKID likes this.
  21. ^^I have the same policy, it works. JW

INVISIBLEKID likes this.
  22. Hey Paul...if you find the scum who did this, see if they have my model A pickup too. rockysabone.jpg

23. Rocky, I remember posting signs all over that area and talking to locals. Very few people even knew about your Dad's truck. I did manage quite easily to find his place and talked to a couple of his neighbors. My gut feeling it was either the guys directly across the road and if not them someone who knew not only that your dad had it but knew he had passed on. Good buddy of mine lived in Wamic so I drove the road in front of his place a few times and every time someone on that road waved as I passed. Hard to believe anyone would have towed it out of there in one piece and not be seen.

24. rouye56wingnut

rouye56wingnut
    from mn.

25. banditomerc

banditomerc

26. I got caught with my pants down recently. I was re-shuffling the garage and machine shop area. Had an engine lathe by the garage apron, a cherry picker with a 396 hanging off it, a 350 on the driveway & two big red tool boxes outside. My '59 was out as well, I had washed out the engine compartment.

Some Jasper walks up asking if one of my OT cars was for sale.. it was plated and in 1 piece. It really is for sale, but I told him it was not. Just didn't like his look and jotted down the license number of the car he drove. My garage is pretty secure and alarmed.

Last year I had a friend bringing someone over to see my '59, it was outside under a tarp. I knew the guy so it was okay.. but he brings a 3rd person I didn't know... no garage viewing for anyone that day. In the end, this other guy was okay too. None of us talk to strangers about who-has-what in his garage or shop.

INVISIBLEKID likes this.
  27. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

Yep, just say, todays not good cuz one of my rattlesnakes got loose in there and I haven't found it yet.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2015
    kiwijeff, Dick Stevens and B Bay Barn like this.
  28. D.N.D.

D.N.D.
    Member Emeritus

That's a good line Denny

29. dreracecar

dreracecar
    from so-cal

another way is to point at a camera (high spot) and have the visitor look at it- doesnt even have to be real, HF sells them pretty cheap----- SMILE