Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs brake line advice

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by worn shoes, Aug 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Of course, I have also re-done work that customers were not totally satisfied with, and given complete refunds on labor, on rare occasion.

Mistakes happen.

2. worn shoes

worn shoes

I just wanted to ask the question. I keep wondering if this a normal situation with shops. Not paying on shitty work. I don't care if it was $10 an hour or $200. I just wanted to know what someone else with a shop would do. I haven't heard from Steve and I don't think I will. Like I said before it's ok if he doesn't but just wanted to know.

3. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I never expected people to pay for work they were legitimatly not satisfied with.

Reputation is king. Word gets around fast in the information age.

blowby and worn shoes like this.
  4. One happy person wants to tell
    a few friends, maybe they do.

One pissed off person try's to tell the whole world.

volvobrynk, blowby and worn shoes like this.
  5. There's still some long lasting integrity in this world.

If the mind set is "we get paid" they will charge you full price to do it half assed, then they will charge you again to do it over and then maybe again.

If the mind set is "this is what it costs" they will do it right because they don't want to do it over.

You should care if its 10.00 or 200.00. You'll know what to expect.

6. worn shoes

worn shoes

Over 17, 000 views does make me feel better :)

daddio211 likes this.
  7. worn shoes

worn shoes

I don't run a shop but I've done welding side work from time to time. I always put in 100% no matter if the price is free or $2000 bucks. I have even given away parts that I could've made money on because I know people get taken advantage of by people in this hobby. So free puts a smile on their face.

8. There are craftsmen - they do their craft to their standard.
    They will not do sub par work just because a job pays less. They may do it for a lower price or they may turn the job down but they will not adjust their quality to suit the pay.
    I'll pay you more to do a better job - there is no better available.
    I'll pay you less so do lesser quality - will never happen

There are others that no matter what they get paid the just can't reach that level.
    "I'll pay you more to do a better job" will never happen.
    I'll pay you less so do lesser quality- like a dog on its vomit they lap it up.

F-ONE, EBW and worn shoes like this.
  9. Road Runner

Road Runner

Nobody has to charge the going CA shop rate who takes several vacations per year at his family resort in Hawaii.
    It's not like survival or keeping the doors open, needing to pay rent or mortgage and then some.

Those fortunate ones who can afford hot-rod-shops in CA plus online shopping cart websites, with one or more warehouses full of parts (or not), don't really need anybody's biz so badly to make f'ups right. - Refund for what ?

Your's was the lucky draw....
    The illustrious owner showed up at your private home with his impressive modern BMW revving !
    He probably just wanted to give your kids and wife a ride and it all just came out wrong in your twisted mind.

Must be another case of Lost in Translation.

worn shoes likes this.
  10. worn shoes

worn shoes

Haha that's all about right except its a vintage BMW.

volvobrynk likes this.
  11. worn shoes

worn shoes

I guess it's official that I'm over holding out to hear from Mr. Dennish. We'll always have his "my word is my bond & I sincerely mean that" moment along with the memories of JB and Locite. Thanks again guys and may this thread RIP.
    Joel

volvobrynk likes this.
  12. daddio211

daddio211

Before it dies, how long was Slimey Steve's vacation supposed to be anyway? What's it been since his reply on here?

worn shoes likes this.
  13. daddio211

daddio211

August 17th was the date, and his profile shows he was "viewing the forums a moment ago." So he's still using that new account and he's certainly aware this thread is almost 500 posts long.

I wouldn't hold your breath, this man of his word seems full of nothing but empty promises. Good luck brother. If a miracle happens let us know.

worn shoes and volvobrynk like this.
  14. worn shoes

worn shoes

I will. 10.4 and over and out!

15. thirtytwo

thirtytwo

I'm really kinda bummed out about this went down , I met Steve a couple times long ago and thought he was a pretty nice fellow who had a couple of neat products ...

Sometimes things just go sideways and the ball gets dropped this thread did pretty much crucify him , but that was some pretty bad work to come from a "pro" shop , so he probably earned it, the fact we haven't seen an explanation on Steve's behalf I guess means that there isn't one....

I was honestly hoping he was just going to swallow his pride and just say you know what .. I did some bad work I have had a lot going on or personal issues... Anything...., any kind of excuse or just yep ...I fucked up followed by a small refund would of made this deal way easier to swallow...

To all you guys who kept saying let Steve fix his work?? he was givin the opportunity ... Apparently he couldn't

Unfortunatly I think in the future I will choose to steer clear from limeworks products

Glad you are getting the chance to enjoy your car again worn shoes .. It really takes the fun out of your hobby when you get bent over like that

16. 6-bangertim

6-bangertim
    from California

17,000 views means their might be 12-15,000 people who saw how Steve jacked you around. IMO, that is a damned big croud to be silent in front of.

IF that croud remembers Steve and LIMEWORKS, and pass over his business for their needs, then the HAMB has done its job. I can't see how this thread could NOT impact his biz, but I guess his EGO is way, WAY bigger than that! Let KARMA take its course...

volvobrynk, daddio211 and worn shoes like this.
  17. worn shoes

worn shoes

Today I was looking into the California BAR and it seems like his business license is delinquent.

LIMEWORKS SPEEDSHOP ARD 210871 Delinquent 7717 GREENLEAF WHITTIER 90602 LOS ANGELES
    and he never changed the address to the new shop. (He was required to) Someone stated I should look into it here on the thread. The more I find, the worse it gets. I think i'll hold off on contacting them. I can't imagine this would be good for him.

volvobrynk likes this.
  18. prpmmp

prpmmp

Does not sound good!! Pete

worn shoes likes this.
  19. worn shoes

worn shoes

No good!

20. It wouldn't be the first time a businessman with a once great reputation and business with praises being sung from the community that they serve has had situations and circumstances take them under and along with everyone attached in some way.
    The names change, the plot differs a little but the ending is usually the same.

volvobrynk and worn shoes like this.
  21. He definitely wasn't worried about what was good for you and your family, or anyone else on the road for that matter.
    I've been in the people business for a long time. He's not going to acquiesce to you as he's already gotten one over on you. He's not going to acquiesce until someone or something makes him. He's apparently given up the mechanical business for the parts business. This also leaves him in a good position as he doesn't have to worry about losing business becuz people have heard he does shoddy work and won't do right by the customer. Particularly if he's making specific parts, he can play the "you need it and I've got it game," which still leaves him in the driver's seat.
    I'm extremely elated that you were able to get your ride back together and safely, too. But, I'm still of the mind that he owes you a refund for all that you've endured. You've been more than patient with him and for that I commend you. Yet, enough is enough.
    Best wishes for whatever the future holds.

worn shoes likes this.
  22. worn shoes

worn shoes

Thank you sir! We'll see what happens with time.

23. unkledaddy

unkledaddy

24. Before this get's lost in the back pages of the speedy forum now a days.......If he was lurking= Well, some very choice words to say(read my mind here),but, alas, I'm at the keyboard,and cannot say face to face what I think.
    This was a SH$T deal,and I think we all lost some faith in who's who........
    A LOT of upstanding people here who i'de like to meet, especially WS, but the fact is that just because someone seems to be in the "in crowd",doesn't make them any better than the rest of us.
    My point is- A Name is but a Name, BUT- The Man /or Woman who stands behind that name, hopefully has integrity,which we've lost here.........
    Consider this a bump for the thread, and if it fall's away, at least I spoke up for the unknowing,as well as WS!
    WoW!

25. thirtytwo

thirtytwo

Since he is just in "parts" biz BAR probably won't effect him... I don't know all the rules and regs.. But have been told if you accept payment ( can mean a beer!) for auto repairs in California , it is ileagle

You could look at it like your a snitch but then again none of this would be an issue if the services were properly rendered for payment recieved

I would say limeworks didn't hold their end of the bargin, if he doesn't make it right with you.... Well ...we reap what we sow... Some new age people prefer to call it karma , but if Steve doesn't reach out to you ... You shouldn't feel guilty

volvobrynk and worn shoes like this.
  26. worn shoes

worn shoes

Thanks for the bump invisiblekid! With out you the snake would still be in the weeds :)

Tirtytwo I was just looking at info. I have no guilt with my new found options. He still is working on cars. Also, the BAR does handle auto parts and retail of those parts. I have loyalty to those who are loyal to me. Thanks for the support Thirtytwo and lets see what happens :)

volvobrynk and daddio211 like this.
  27. unkledaddy

unkledaddy

28. Compression fittings? Dot will shut that shit down what is leaking on exhuast? Is every thing loose i have done better jobs lay in the dirt next to the highway. I would ask for money back

29. olscrounger

olscrounger
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Glad you got it squared away and done properly. Sad situation. Hope this guy comes forward and does the right thing. This thread should surely make folks aware of this outfit.

worn shoes likes this.
  30. mike bowling

mike bowling

500 posts later= from "Limey" to "Slimey". Too bad. If you don't back your work up, you ain't worth spit in my humble opinion. A guy once told me" If you have to eat crow, eat it while it's fresh". ( But, like Cyndi said, "Money changes Everything"! )
    Glad you're back in the saddle, although I'm still amazed at how you've remained open minded during this whole escapade. Kudos to you! ( and I'm still ready for Hawaii !).

volvobrynk, daddio211 and worn shoes like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.