Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Car Clubs

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dagenham Dave, Aug 30, 2015.

1. Dagenham Dave

Dagenham Dave

Does anyone know anything about the clubs in this photo:

The Beat (front).jpg

According to one source (Doug Hamilton) who graduated from San Fernando High School in 1958, the guys I knew best in the picture were the guys from the 'Apollos', they were a Club @ North Hollywood High School. Started in about 1952 & were still going in the early 1960s. They were mostly the guys on the Football & Baseball teams. They had Jackets, didn't have a Car Club Plaque. The 'Apollos' jacket was Black with White Lettering. Not all the Car Clubs from back in the 1950s were Car or Hot Rod enthusiasts.

LOU WELLS likes this.
  2. 56sedandelivery

56sedandelivery
    Member Emeritus

Well, they're all from the "Valley", and are gathered in front of one of the best cars of all time (JMO), a 1956 Chevrolet. Just think, back in that time, the police did't have/need body armor. Things have changed! I am Butch/56sedandelivery.

3. I remember the T-Timers from when I was in high school in L.A. in the '50's. There were probably multiple chapters (?).

4. Bullet Nose

Bullet Nose

You are correct. This page on my website talks about some of the chapters they had .....

5. Dagenham Dave

Dagenham Dave